Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I noticed Michael Stone played today for the Heat...and that Petrovic didn't....anyone know if he is now on the taxi squad?
I believe that is the case. Petro got called up yesterday, and Stone sent down (he was already on the Taxi squad, so technically "in the AHL already" while Petro was in the AHL, so it was a paper transaction to Taxi Squad)

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Froese was also sent down for some game action and wore the "C"...not sure if any Heat forward moved up.
But Koltrane Wilson (1 of those 2 big Dub guys we signed in the Spring) got his 1st taste of pro hockey.

If Wolf was sent back to Everett, he still hasn't played a game....

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Froese was also sent down for some game action and wore the "C"...not sure if any Heat forward moved up.
But Koltrane Wilson (1 of those 2 big Dub guys we signed in the Spring) got his 1st taste of pro hockey.

If Wolf was sent back to Everett, he still hasn't played a game....
It looks like the season starts this weekend for the W.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Doesn't necessarily entail interest in the Flames players, but could be a sign of things in the works with either the Knights or Ducks. Definitely interesting to see the Ducks there given the interest in Rakell the Flames showed...

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Doesn't necessarily entail interest in the Flames players, but could be a sign of things in the works with either the Knights or Ducks. Definitely interesting to see the Ducks there given the interest in Rakell the Flames showed...

I mean sure its interesting but they are playing Laval too, so it could just as easily be Montreal, a team thats actually currently in a playoff spot, that they're scouting. Hard to deny that the Canadiens could use a boost right now.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Dustin Wolf who I was hoping to see challenge Carter Hart's 26 shutouts in the WHL has only managed to pick up 1 so far this season

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
First off, Ryan Francis continues to keep scoring in the QMJHL (16th afaik, Pelletier is top 10 as well). As a C/RW it's hard not to be hopeful he's a great scoring talent regardless of defence.

Unfortunately, Posipisil as the most"interesting" prospect in my opinion, is likely to be out after this play...

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Just even more on the Pospisil hit, man, that could be career ending. He already missed a year from getting knocked out in a fight, and was always going to be a bottom 6 guy with his skillset. If this injury has any long-term impact that sets him back, his margin of error is so slim that he could genuinely be completely thrown off the path of being an NHL player. Absolutely terrible given the season he was having in Stockton.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
There's actually some dipshit on twitter defending the hit.

Guy comes in with a flying knee and blows up Pospisil. Guy's like this need to be thrown out of professional hockey, this is career ending life altering bullshit.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Made a post on the main board about Wolf being unlikely to break the shutout record due to the pandemic. Wolf apparently took that personally, and has yet to allow a goal in his first 2 games back in the WHL. So now I’d like to personally go on the record and say I don’t think Wolf will ever win a vezina...

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Some menial good news in a time like this;

Despite avoiding knee surgery, he is going in for shoulder surgery to take care of a nagging issue

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Interesting they’re not operating. Anyone know if this is more of a trend today? It used to be that anytime there was a torn ligament you went under the knife.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Interesting they’re not operating. Anyone know if this is more of a trend today? It used to be that anytime there was a torn ligament you went under the knife.

ACL sure, but I seem to recall MCL was usually 50:50. Interesting they used the MCL down time for a shoulder surgery. Hopefully he heals right up and comes back stronger.

I am considering maybe we should put unrealistic Josh Anderson expectations on him going forward.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So I noticed we are 19th, good enough to pick another middle to bottom 6 if that.

we are f***ed more than we know

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Update on our QMJHL guys, Francis is 7th in the league in points per game, Pelletier is 11th, and Poirier is 11th in the league among D-man . Since Francis was traded to the sea-dogs (among other players), he has turned them around completely and is producing at 2 points per game. Maybe the bigger surprise is Poirier is actually top half in his team in +/-, although I can’t speak to how well he is actually doing defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad