Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Wolf made some good saves but he looks small in net and it costed them. Not sure how they are going to fix that.

You can see Poirrer has some talent but he is so lost on the defense. He would make Kylington look like a defensive dman

Zary looked most skillful to me. Zavgrodyni and Petersson also flashed some skills. Popilsil and Duehr looked like they can fill a bottom 6 role .

Last edited:
Reactions: teddygmr

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames lose 4-3, good first followed up by two bad periods. Special teams particularly were poor.

Standouts
Good :
Pelletier - best Flame by far, great play in all 3 zones. Playmaking really stood out
Zary - Had the puck a lot, created some chances, wanted to see a bit more as far as using his teammates
Zavgorodny - used his skating effectively in the OZ and created lots of chances
Poolman - quietly solid, made the smart play
Solovyov - liked him, steady and physical other than one biff in the corner
Duehr - Hit everything that moved and scored a goal

Meh :
Pettersen - made some good plays, didn't get to the slot at all tho. Looks bigger and stronger at least.
Pospisil - high event energy player, scored a PP goal and took a bad penalty
Kinvall - quality puck mover, looked comfortable in the OZ, lost his man a little too frequently for an older prospect
Wolf - was pretty solid but would like that 4th goal back. Very active in the crease
Kuznetsov - relied a little too much on his stick, skating looked sluggish, but you can see potential

Bad :

Francis - scored a goal but thought he was not good as the 2nd line C. Got hemmed in a lot and took a bad penalty near the end of the game for a dirty hit.
Whynot - just trying to do too much
Huckins - a little too happy to be there

Horrible :

Poirier - awful game from him. Turned it over 90% of the time he had it. Poor passes and every time he had it just threw it at the net without even picking up his head

Last edited:

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I only watched bits and pieces but I thought the defense as a whole hurt their chances due to an inability to move the puck. Kind of my worry with the big club this year too lol.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I only watched bits and pieces but I thought the defense as a whole hurt their chances due to an inability to move the puck. Kind of my worry with the big club this year too lol.

they are typically Flames (Treliving’s) defense.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Watched the game kind of loosely. Felt when Pelletier had the puck he was strong, but I also didn't notice him a ton, which makes sense since I wasn't watching closely. Zary stood out to me the strongest in terms of being noticeable, making slick plays to drive to the net, but as was mentioned earlier didn't do a lot of distributing. Lowkey thought his boardwork in the offensive zone was the super impressive as well. Zavgorodniy just looked comfortable on the ice in general when I saw him.

Think we got the good and bad of Poirier tonight. Had the slick rush to get into the offensive zone and set up the Duehr -> Francis connection, but was also lost defensively. Not sure why he saw PK time tbh. Francis also wasn't as dynamic/strong as expected. Makes sense for a 5th round pick but afaik his main draw was offence. Could probably just chalk it up to a bad night tho.

Pettersen was the other huge noticeable person for me, but in weird ways. He'd get steals and break free for rushes, but he telegraphed his plays so much beyond that. On rushes he'd cut backwards away from the goalie to get vision, which is good, but on a 2 on 1 at least threaten a shot. It almost turned out well with a pass to the slot with 4 guys on him when he was alone, but he was making the awkward cut back play that showed he was gonna pass a bit too much, but also like, that's just a closed example and something that, given his hands seemed good enough to get closer in to guys than he did, is something easily fixable and is more just a gripe with how he played instead of his overall style and abilities.

Wolf also had a lowkey sick save on an oddman rush where he threw the pad out cross ice, but the Oilers announcers opted to complain about a non-call instead of the slick save.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Pospisil is our most underrated prospect IMO
Imagine if he actually got some NCAA development like originally planned before that incident with the fans that basically cost him his college shot. But either way, I really liked that pick at the time. He's gonna be a hell of a 4th liner (or even third liner if he can cut down his penalties).

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I think Pelletier could play in the show. Just makes smart plays all over the ice.

Zary is highly skilled but I think he’s at least a year or two away.

Pospisil should be a good a good 4th liner down the road. But who knows, maybe he can be a Ferland type.

Our D struggled. And our PK was horrendous. I like Kuz as a third pair guy in the future I think. Not sure I see much else there. Definitely need to address this moving forward.

Wolf was hung out to dry on some of those goals. Not really sure he deserved much blame. First game in a long time too.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Wolf looked good but I don’t see him being more than a backup for the big club. He seems small in the net.
I'm still a huge believer in him he has absolutely dominated in the whl. Almost nothing that happens in these mini camps will change my opinion on any of the guys whether that be positive or negative. The only thing that scares me about him is he is being developed by the Flames.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

You don't need to transition the puck when all you do is play in the neutral zone as the Flames plan to do this year.

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

Reactions: Dack

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Looks like Heineman could miss some time due to a concussion from this dirty play by ex-Shark Marcus Sörensen.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Just some quick hits about how some of our prospects are doing in their respective leagues:

•Rory Kerins is tied for the league lead in points in the OHL with his linemate, while Jack Beck is tied for the lead in goals.

•Jeremie Poirier has seemingly taken another step this season. He is still producing his offense we’ve all come to know and love, but all reports show he has made another marked improvement in his attention to defense. This is also displayed by him being 4th on his team in +/- with a +5. He is the only defender on the entire team with a positive number in this category, which speaks both to his offense and added defensive posture.

•Pelletier currently leads Stockton in points, is second in the entire league in U21 scoring, and interestingly enough has a point on every game winning marker his team has this season.

•Last but certainly not least, Wolf has once again seemingly forgotten how to let pucks in, owning a .951 save percentage and a 1.65 GAA. In true Dustin Wolf fashion, his only loss this season involved him having a shutout through regulation.

The kids are alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad