Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Pat Maroon signs with STL (1 year, $1.75M)

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
Lou reporting deal is done but won’t be announced until tomorrow at earliest.

1.7M for 1 year then in Jan they will work on extension.

I am happy with that.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I get the feeling it's a "hey man, look at what comes off the books this year" and that's what the plan is. Should be able to fit Eddy comfortably under the cap as well with this.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I get the feeling it's a "hey man, look at what comes off the books this year" and that's what the plan is. Should be able to fit Eddy comfortably under the cap as well with this.
Looks like if we only kept 13 forwards on the roster, we would probably just barely squeeze everyone in assuming Eddy gets somewhere around 4 mil.

I'd still like to unload Gunnarsson though just so we can have some breathing room and give Schmaltz an actual chance.

Plus, I'm sure we'll be giving Maroon more money in the future.

Last edited:

WiscoBlues

Feb 1, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Even if that 1.7m number is correct, I still don’t see how they can fit Edmundson and Schmaltz with the remaining cap space without moving someone like Gunnarsson. Edmundson should be getting ~4m aav and Schmaltz will be ~1m aav. The only way it makes sense is if Edmundson signs another bridge deal.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Would make sense if he went to the Blues, hes been a cowardly spot fighter for much of his career. Gudbranson rightfully beat him senseless if i remember correctly

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
He says the info is false but back on July 1 he says he doesn’t know and doesn’t bother asking?

[

SC2GM

May 16, 2016
Gotta love drama over inconsequential players. Stay tuned, will the Blues be claiming someone off waivers!? Meanwhile, Perron was nearly a point per game last season and quietly signed one of the best contracts that I can remember in free agency.

It's freaking Maroon, stop trying to be the first to break a story. You could report Maroon signed after playing his first game. No one cares.

Reactions: MessierII

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Gotta love drama over inconsequential players. Stay tuned, will the Blues be claiming someone off waivers!? Meanwhile, Perron was nearly a point per game last season and quietly signed one of the best contracts that I can remember in free agency.

It's freaking Maroon, stop trying to be the first to break a story. You could report Maroon signed after playing his first game. No one cares.
Why bother posting in here if you don't care?

Reactions: Senor Catface

SC2GM

May 16, 2016
Why bother posting in here if you don't care?
Maybe, so I don't have to see more reports of us signing a guy I'd rather us not have. No one freaking cares about having him on their team, so stop trying to put him on a team he isn't even signed to yet.

I'd rather people make up stuff about interesting players. If you're going to speculate, speculate about something worthwhile/entertaining/interesting. Tilting.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Maybe, so I don't have to see more reports of us signing a guy I'd rather us not have. No one freaking cares about having him on their team, so stop trying to put him on a team he isn't even signed to yet.

I'd rather people make up stuff about interesting players. If you're going to speculate, speculate about something worthwhile/entertaining/interesting. Tilting.
Or you could just ignore the thread.

Reactions: Senko1291 and Jamin

SC2GM

May 16, 2016
He can still contribute. Could end up being a steal if it's a small contract.

He seems like a guy who has greatly benefited from playing on top heavy teams; ie., teams with a superstar but absolutely zero depth, thus third liners (him) are able to play on the first line and get inflated stats. Stats that won't translate, at all, when going to any other team in the league.

Or you could just ignore the thread.

Or, I could just ignore you. Sounds like a plan.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton

Well actually people who watched Maroon in New Jersey and Edmonton care, and want him on their team. Wonder why that is? It's fine you want to stay in a bubble but stop trying to shut down discussion.

SC2GM

May 16, 2016
Well actually people who watched Maroon in New Jersey and Edmonton care, and want him on their team. Wonder why that is? It's fine you want to stay in a bubble but stop trying to shut down discussion.

Any team that needs to use Maroon on their first line would be thankful that any of the players on their team have played hockey before. We're trying to be a "real team." Hence, we just unloaded Berglund and Sobotka. Players we desperately wanted to get rid of, but would be HUGE improvements for New Jersey and Edmonton.

Not every team can be good. Part of being good, though, is not having bums on your team. Few things are more detrimental to a team on the cusp of being good than creating a log jam where marginal veterans block promising prospects from playing.

How does a NHL player even manage to only get 42 points while playing with McDavid for a season? Lehtera managed 44 points while playing with Tarasenko. Sounds eerily similar. Not a great skater, but a big body and... hey... if you put him with the best player in the league... he might get some points. Well... okay... I guess everyone with a pulse would also get points, but, hey.. I'm trying to be the guy's agent here. Cut me some slack!

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Fabbri and presumably Maroon on 1 year deals. I wonder if it's a circumstance where Armstrong says whoever plays stays and ships the other out. I am extremely wary of the long term deal option. Someone's gonna have to go. Steen, Fabbri or Maroon. I can tell you right now who will more than likely be the weak link there. Although barring contract circumstances I can see why we'd want to shed Steens contract. I just don't think he'd want to go anywhere aside from WPG or VGK. Not exactly an easily replaceable player either.

I just don't understand the two steps forward of becoming a faster team by shedding Sobotka and Berglund to take another step back and sign Maroon. I'm sure halfway through the season at some point I'll have to eat crow for that. I'm just not a fan of being adamant about keeping your prospects and then blocking the path to the NHL for them.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If he signed for 1.7m, he left alot of money on the table
Oilers had a 3 year deal in the 3-3.5 mil range on the table for him all year leading up to the deadline. That’s insane if he turned that down to actually take a pay cut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad