Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Pat Maroon signs with STL (1 year, $1.75M)

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
That would make it pretty tough for Thomas and or Kyrou to make the team.

Depends on the way the Blues are looking at this season. I believe they are trying to emulate Vegas's 4 line approach, though Kyrou still most likely starts the year in the AHL. I just can't see them sending Thomas down knowing if they do they can't get him back.

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
I know a lot of people are mixed but I think depending on terms and money he can be a great addition. More so if he the guy he was two years ago that scored 27 or the 17 last year. The guy has size and the Blues missed having that enforcer edge which he brings. People can say how does he fit in the line up. Well I think he and Perron will be flipping back and forth between lines but that a huge depth piece if he produces the way he has been the last two seasons. Plus he coming home so I'm sure he will play his heart out even more.

Depends on the way the Blues are looking at this season. I believe they are trying to emulate Vegas's 4 line approach, though Kyrou still most likely starts the year in the AHL. I just can't see them sending Thomas down knowing if they do they can't get him back.

It doesn't effect Thomas or Kyrou because They are Center/ RWs, Maroon is a LW. Jaskin is the player they have to beat out for the starting job.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Andy Strickland says multiple teams still involved but St.Louis is leading the Charge. Not a done deal yet.

Probably will sign in St.Louis when its all said and done though

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Andy Strickland says multiple teams still involved but St.Louis is leading the Charge. Not a done deal yet.

Probably will sign in St.Louis when its all said and done though

Jeremy Rutherford who is the Blues insider for the ESPN sports saying, it about a done deal and expected to be official this after noon so we will see who is right. Could be an interesting day for Maroon watch.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Everything under 1.150mill.$ x 1-year is fine. Maroon doesn't fit in Blues. No need for him.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Damn. Maroon fit in great on the Devils; seems to be a recurring theme with this guy. Would not want to give him anything more than three years, though.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If the Blues sign Maroon, they have to trade either Gunnarson or Bortuzzo right? For cap purposes

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Devils game up a 2nd, 3rd and Yegor Rykov for renting out Grabner and Maroon. Bad asset management.

No, it wasn't, they got in the playoffs. Grabner was a disaster I agree, Maroon did well. But still happy he won't return to New Jersey. He's too slow and the way front office acted so far in the offseason they won't get in the playoffs anyway.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Wonderful in depth analysis
Code:
Fabbri - ROR - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Perron
Steen - Bozak - Thomas/Kyrou
Jaskin - Barbashev - Soshnikov

Sundqvist - Sanford

Blues have plenty of wingers both top 6 and bottom 6 roles. Only one need what I view is 4th line center. Center who is good at FO dot and can play big minutes at PK. Kyle Brodziak was perfect fin in there, its shame he walked away or Army wasn't interested of him.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Code:
Fabbri - ROR - Tarasenko

Sundqvist - Sanford

Blues have plenty of wingers both top 6 and bottom 6 roles. Only one need what I view is 4th line center. Center who is good at FO dot and can play big minutes at PK. Kyle Brodziak was perfect fin in there, its shame he walked away or Army wasn't interested of him.

Injuries happen. Don't expect that full line-up to see the ice together all that often.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
great, he can be the blues 4th or 5th line left winger, since we already have enough left wingers and he's unlikely to take any time from them.

he's also a left shot, which is great because the blues have an abundance of left shots and need right-handed shooting forwards badly.

berglund scored more than 20 goals once and we kept him forever just in case he became that again. guess we'll get an underperforming patrick again and hope he can contribute more than his hometown to the roster. he certainly won't put up many points on the 4th line.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
If the Blues sign Maroon, they have to trade either Gunnarson or Bortuzzo right? For cap purposes
yes blues need to clear cap, tho moving a defenseman still doesn't make any room for maroon in the forward line up, where he's fairly low on our lw depth chart.

ohbabyblues

Jul 7, 2018
if signed, it has got to mean that a forward is being moved. Steen has a NTC and Jaskin was just signed (and is a great 4th liner), so I'm not sure what they'd do.

As for the kids: Thomas is gonna play this year and won't be in the AHL, Kyrou is likely the first call-up.

the line-up could look like this:
Fabbri - ROR - Tarasenko
Steen (Maroon) - Bozak - Thomas/Kyrou

Sundqvist - Sanford

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
yes blues need to clear cap, tho moving a defenseman still doesn't make any room for maroon in the forward line up, where he's fairly low on our lw depth chart.

Bortuzzo available you think?

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Code:
Fabbri - ROR - Tarasenko

Sundqvist - Sanford

You have it wrong because Fabbri is an C/RW Both Schwartz and Perron are LWs. It will look more like this.

Steen ROR Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Fabbri
Perron/Maroon Bozak Jaskin orThomas or Kyrous (Depends who makes the team)
Perron/Maroon (I see them rotating) Barbashev and Soshnikov

Thornburn, Sundqvist Jaskin (If Thomas or Kyrou make it in) on the bench

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00