Confirmed Trade: [STL/MTL] Marco Scandella (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick and cond. 2021 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Historically our later picks have done better for this organisation than our firsat rounders, so dont knock it yet.
Scandella looked good paired with parayko. Had some good hits last night. He may just got our system which will make him better. I am going to give it about 5 6 games but this was a second round pick well spent.

Reactions: Be a Hab and McTusk

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Scandella looked good paired with parayko. Had some good hits last night. He may just got our system which will make him better. I am going to give it about 5 6 games but this was a second round pick well spent.

this is a great example of a GM getting the 'right fit'

personally been a fan of scandella since minnesota and how well he worked back in that system for awhile..

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
At first I thought Stl paid way too much given Scandella was just acquired for a 4th. I really liked him when he was in Minny. I figured if he was getting dumped out of Buffalo then he was washed up. Turns out Botterill is just a terrible GM and sold off a good dman for a meh pick. Looks like the same guy I saw in Minny. As others have said, pick well spent and kudos to MB for being a savvy GM.

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
At first I thought Stl paid way too much given Scandella was just acquired for a 4th. I really liked him when he was in Minny. I figured if he was getting dumped out of Buffalo then he was washed up. Turns out Botterill is just a terrible GM and sold off a good dman for a meh pick. Looks like the same guy I saw in Minny. As others have said, pick well spent and kudos to MB for being a savvy GM.

I really liked what I saw out of him last night. It looked like he has been playing here for years.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Happy to hear Marco has performed well so far, I'll be cheering for the Blues again this year :):thumbu:

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Good for him and the Blues !

He is a good man so you can only have wishful thinking towards the guy's career. Happy it's working great so far.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Very happy for Blues fans. Scandella's a good guy and gave an honest effort while he was here.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Amazing how the view on a Dman changes when he goes to a good team with a defensively responsible system. He and Parayko would form a team with a lot of size, and a couple of hard point shots.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Yes Botterill is a trash GM but he didnt sell him off for a meh pick .. it's much worse than that.. he sold him off for cap space to sign. MICHAEL FROLIK

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Amazing how the view on a Dman changes when he goes to a good team with a defensively responsible system. He and Parayko would form a team with a lot of size, and a couple of hard point shots.

He started in Montreal paired with Cale Fleury. Now he's paited with Parayko. Slight difference...

If he's working out, that's great for him and St. Louis. Maybe we'll get that 4th.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

To be fair.. Scandella earned his thrashing last year. He was horrible. And was a whipping boy in Buffalo for that. It was generally accepted that his play this year had improved significantly

bradrich99

Feb 3, 2009
42°59′01″N 081°14′59″W
To be fair.. Scandella earned his thrashing last year. He was horrible. And was a whipping boy in Buffalo for that. It was generally accepted that his play this year had improved significantly

Possibly, like ROR, he just needed to get out of the despair of hockey in Buffalo? Played well in short time in MTL.
Going to the Blues he knows he is going to play in the playoffs which might just invigorate his career.

Reactions: DangledUpinBlues

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

I think this goes for a lot of players. Some people still believe Bozak is bad defensively, which appears to mean they didn't watch the playoffs. Dude was immediately way more responsible than advertised. Same with Schenn. I still see Perron ragged on as a stupid, one-dimensional player by fans of other teams (he's not). We were told over and over that Kyrou had a lot to work on defensively, but his back-checking effort and stick-checking skills are clearly NHL-level or better. How do they magically make it work when they land on the Blues? Playing with structure and defensmen you can rely on go a really long way.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The salary retention on Scandella is going to allow the Blues to expand the roster after the trade deadline. Mist likely, they’ll keep Brouwer (just cleared waivers) with the club as the 24th man. Mikkola will probably join the team after the AHL season, I’m guessing.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Army for the win on this trade. Love how mtl fans think army overpaid. Scandella paired with parayko is brilliant

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Why are people acting like a pick that will most likely be after 50 is a steal for an nhl player? Most likely the draft pick doesn't become an nhl player which scandella clearly is.

That same player was acquired by the habs for a 4th round pick a month ago, and he hadnt done anything to raise his value. So getting a 2nd and a 4th for him now is a steal.

Reactions: j c petit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad