Confirmed Trade: [STL/MTL] Marco Scandella (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick and cond. 2021 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
We acquired him for a 4th and got a 2nd and conditional 4th about 1.5 months later. You should simmer down with your pessimism. This is a great move by Bergevin. The 2nd is a late 2nd but it's much better than a 4th in terms of probability of hitting.
Pessimism? Did you actually read what I said? :laugh:

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
He's better than a lot of D-men out there.
true, but if you don't watch him closely, then it'd be hard to really see how bad he is because his DZ-coverage, stick detail, lack of hockey sense/anticipation and brutal shot blocking/stick on puck are evident, but if you don't watch him alot (like me when he was in CAR) then you mostly see how he has ability to skate with the puck and can move it fairly well. But in the situation/role he is in STL(playing with parayko and not getting PP time) he's kind of become meh and almost useless for us since he kills us in the DZ and is usually out against other teams top or 2nd lines. Dunn has shown that he is a much more effective defenceman behind obviously petro and parayko and those are who'd i'd view as the big 3 in STL with guys like gunnarsson, bortz, mikkola and now scandella supporting in defensive/physical/PK roles.

Reactions: simon IC

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
But Timmins is the REAL boss.

By that logic, Molson is the real boss. Timmins is AGM, responsible for oversight of both scouting departments. Churla's job is to handle prep for the amateur draft. Having seen the dialogue at the table the last two drafts, it's incredibly collaborative. Churla's got considerable sway in how it goes.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
true, but if you don't watch him closely, then it'd be hard to really see how bad he is because his DZ-coverage, stick detail, lack of hockey sense/anticipation and brutal shot blocking/stick on puck are evident, but if you don't watch him alot (like me when he was in CAR) then you mostly see how he has ability to skate with the puck and can move it fairly well. But in the situation/role he is in STL(playing with parayko and not getting PP time) he's kind of become meh and almost useless for us since he kills us in the DZ and is usually out against other teams top or 2nd lines. Dunn has shown that he is a much more effective defenceman behind obviously petro and parayko and those are who'd i'd view as the big 3 in STL with guys like gunnarsson, bortz, mikkola and now scandella supporting in defensive/physical/PK roles.
I agree he is meh and I don't like the contract Army gave him but I personally will give him at least till middle of next season to pass judgement. Gotta be hard joining an SC team thats almost intact.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If I proposed this trade 2 days ago I would have been accused of trolling!

MB just dummies gms.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Just about a perfect description of the Faulk situation. Well said.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
It is just one game, but I was impressed with Scandella tonight. I think we still paid a steep price, but he did look good. I would even support re-signing him.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
It is just one game, but I was impressed with Scandella tonight. I think we still paid a steep price, but he did look good. I would even support re-signing him.

To be honest, STL 2nd isn't worth that much. I say St. Louis wins the trade, because he was acquired with retention.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
To be honest, STL 2nd isn't worth that much. I say St. Louis wins the trade, because he was acquired with retention.
Wouldn't as much say they 'won' the trade but that they got fair value for what they paid. As a Blues fan, i wanted this exact type of player added, Im happy with the move.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Why are people acting like a pick that will most likely be after 50 is a steal for an nhl player? Most likely the draft pick doesn't become an nhl player which scandella clearly is.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not a bad little flip project for the Habs. Upgrading to a better pick and still getting a bit of use out of Scandella in the (brief) meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad