Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Jordan Kyrou signs extension with the Blues (8 years, $8.125M AAV)

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I remember when Kyrou was considered bordering bust territory in 2019-2020 and was brought up on a 1-for-1 swap with bordering bust Logan Brown.

Not sure if it had any actual traction in real world but I was vehemently against it :laugh:

Since then, Senators have a complete rehaul of their Centers with 0 from that team 3 years ago left on the current roster. Turnover in 3 years can be nuts after a rebuild.

There were very real concerns about health at one point. They're still there, but a lot less pronounced than back then.

Around this era:

I'm just answering to the previous poster who asked for a source, Kyrou's bane was thrown in a lot of trade proposals in that 2018-2019 era because there were some concerns about how he'd develop and whether he may bust.

I don't recall any point since we drafted Kyrou that any of this stuff was true. We've also never offered Kyrou or Thomas in a trade. If they were not available for ROR they weren't available for anyone else either.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
O'Reilly, Barbashev, Kyrou all struggling, and I doubt that continues all season. St Louis will shuffle the lines at some point.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
O'Reilly, Barbashev, Kyrou all struggling, and I doubt that continues all season. St Louis will shuffle the lines at some point.

The Blues have been forced into shuffling the lines since Gm 2. Buchnevich was injured in Gm 1 and Saad was injured in Gm 3. It's caused all kinds of line cohesion issues since but those aren't really the reason Kyrou has struggled.

Last year he was on the 3rd line with Schenn and Barbashev. This year he moved onto a line with ROR and Saad which takes the toughest matchups essentially functioning as a shut down line. Kyrou isn't really well suited to that type of role and has had a tough time in addition to sucking pretty bad individually too. It's been a clusterf*** tbh. Last night he got moved to a line with Thomas and Tarasenko and looked better as the playstyle suits him far more but he still is looking pretty rough.

When the Blues get Buchnevich and Saad back everything will work itself out as they find out who to put with ROR and Saad. It may be Barbashev or it could be Neighbours, idk but I assume they move Kyrou off that line for now.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Holy overreaction to 6 games lol
6 games? LOL
we're going on almost 200. The opening of this season doesn't even factor into my opinion. I've been saying he's the Blues best trade-bait to fill the hole at defense for a while. Then the Blues let Perron walk over $1M/yr and gave Kyrou franchise-centerpiece money. LOL
Doubling-down on Kyrou. That's a bold strategy. Not a huge fan.

I also wouldn't give him away. He'd need to return a major asset for him to be dealt. Hardly over-reactionary to put a high-price, but make available, a guy who has his flaws.

Reactions: MNRube

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
6 games? LOL
we're going on almost 200. The opening of this season doesn't even factor into my opinion. I've been saying he's the Blues best trade-bait to fill the hole at defense for a while. Then the Blues let Perron walk over $1M/yr and gave Kyrou franchise-centerpiece money. LOL
Doubling-down on Kyrou. That's a bold strategy. Not a huge fan.

I also wouldn't give him away. He'd need to return a major asset for him to be dealt. Hardly over-reactionary to put a high-price, but make available, a guy who has his flaws.
You saw what debrincat went for? One dimensional scoring wingers with salary are not exactly returning amazing returns…. It’s all about supply and demand and scoring wingers, especially pass first ones, are not highly coveted, especially with a 8 mil AAV lol

Ledge And Dairy

You saw what debrincat went for? One dimensional scoring wingers with salary are not exactly returning amazing returns…. It’s all about supply and demand and scoring wingers, especially pass first ones, are not highly coveted, especially with a 8 mil AAV lol
Calling DeBrincat one dimensional is pretty ignorant. He was very defensively responsible last year and has seemed to continue that play into this year.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
If anyone has a spare top-pair LHD, and needs a floating scoring winger who can outskate McDavid en route to 80 points, please contact Doug Armstrong:

St Louis Blues Hockey Club, 1401 Clark Ave, Saint Louis, MO, 63103
Habs have a Joel Edmundson for you. He's a top pair here and you already know him

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Seriously if people are commenting on a deal that doesn’t start till next year on a player that is having a rough start to a season they need to get their head examined. What a joke this board is some time. FYI feel free to trade him to the TML for Nylander who makes 1 million less and is crushing it.....(this is a joke). But Doug if your listening please do it!

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad