Confirmed with Link: [STL/BUF]J.Halak, C.Stewart, W.Carrier, 1st & 3rd for R.Miller & S.Ott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I just want to say that we best never trade Robb for futures.

To "The Asylum", for "Tommy", "MMD", "Right Again", "Bleeder", "Hockey Bob", "2008 Verson", "St. Louis Looze", "Goalie", Todd's neighbour's dog, and 2 conditional draft choices (depending upon whether or not I get suspended within my first 3 months)?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
To "The Asylum", for "Tommy", "MMD", "Right Again", "Bleeder", "Hockey Bob", "2008 Verson", "St. Louis Looze", "Goalie", Todd's neighbour's dog, and 2 conditional draft choices (depending upon whether or not I get suspended within my first 3 months)?

Too much of your brain is occupied by knowledge of that place. Get it out. Forget it for good. I almost went into convulsions last time I thought I heard someone say "Leeeerrrry."

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
What do you think we could resign ott for? It doesn't look like we are getting statsny out of Colorado, at least It doesn't sound like it. We need a center....but it would be nice to resing ott at a reasonable value.

I could see Ott taking a 2.5 contract to stay with a contender and people he is familiar with. He seems really happy to be back in the playoff hunt and he'll do anything to stay there.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I could see Ott taking a 2.5 contract to stay with a contender and people he is familiar with. He seems really happy to be back in the playoff hunt and he'll do anything to stay there.

I doubt that he'd accept less than $3 million per year. But. I'm sure he'd love to return to The Blues for a few more years.

illninofan*

Oh, God. Verson. :laugh:

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
going forward, do you guys think the blues try to resign Ott, depending on how much he is asking of course....

jarmoismyhero

Mar 18, 2012
St. Louis
going forward, do you guys think the blues try to resign Ott, depending on how much he is asking of course....

I personally think any free money should be used to try and sign Stastny and Miller.

If we cannot get that top 2 center than I think they will try and sign him.

jarmoismyhero

Mar 18, 2012
St. Louis
Another thing is what do the Blues have to gain by signing Miller before the draft? If you have something worked out I am assuming they will just wait till after to save themselves a pick. Am I missing something?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If the blues make WCF then the conditions are triggered regardless of when miller signs. Id love to keep ott, he brings so much.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Another thing is what do the Blues have to gain by signing Miller before the draft? If you have something worked out I am assuming they will just wait till after to save themselves a pick. Am I missing something?

Miller seems like one of those guys who would want to help out the Sabres organization as a token of gratitude.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express

If they don't make the WCF, but sign him before their 1st round pick, they will basically trade 2014 1st for Min 2nd and Buf 3rd in 2014. If they don't make the WCF or sign him prior to their 1st round pick, they give up a 2nd in 2016. There are some other conditions but they aren't as important.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

Honestly, I think giving up a whole, fresh 2nd rounder is worse than swapping a late 1st and a late 3rd for a mid 2nd and very early 3rd. Especially since the 3rd they're giving up is in two years and the 3rd they're getting is for this year.

Maybe Armstrong doesn't agree, and maybe one of the two sides got a little confused, but it seems to me that the Blues will be motivated to re-up Miller prior to the draft. It's possible Buffalo designed it this way to encourage the Blues to keep him in the West.

illninofan*

I'm slow, so screw it, hopefully one of you guys can set me straight despite the fact that it's been repeated multiple times.

As I understand it, if we make the WC Finals or if Miller re-signs before the draft:

Buffalo gets our first this year and next year.

We get two more seconds and an early third in the upcoming draft. Meaning we'll have four second rounders (ours, Edmontons and the two we got from Buffalo, don't know who they originally belonged to) and two thirds in the upcoming draft (one of which being Minnesota's at #50, which we got from Buffalo).

Do I have it right?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I'm slow, so screw it, hopefully one of you guys can set me straight despite the fact that it's been repeated multiple times.

As I understand it, if we make the WC Finals or if Miller re-signs before the draft:

Buffalo gets our first this year and next year.

We get two more seconds and an early third in the upcoming draft. Meaning we'll have four second rounders (ours, Edmontons and the two we got from Buffalo, don't know who they originally belonged to) and two thirds in the upcoming draft (one of which being Minnesota's at #50, which we got from Buffalo).

Do I have it right?

No. It's just one second rounder coming to the Blues in that scenario.

Other than the rest of the players and the static first rounder in 2015, if the Blues make it to the WCF and/or re-sign Miller before the draft, it looks like this:
To Buffalo
1st in 2014, 3rd in 2016
To St. Louis
2nd in 2014 (Minnesota's), 3rd in 2014

The reason some people have said "two second round picks" is because that 3rd rounder the Blues get back is at the very beginning of the 3rd round. It's similar to saying that Edmonton's 2nd is basically a 1st rounder.

Also, if they get knocked out of the playoffs early and re-sign Miller after the draft, the Blues just give up a 2nd rounder in 2016. If they get knocked out early and Miller walks, the Blues give up a 3rd in 2016.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Stewart was a healthy scratch for the Sabres tonight, that should tell you what his value is around the league. He can't even dress for an aweful team. His value is lower than a snakes ass. Getting someone to just take that ***** was a stroke of genius

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nah I'm pretty sure he's injured. His leg collided with Anders Lindback the other night against Tampa.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Stewart was a healthy scratch for the Sabres tonight, that should tell you what his value is around the league. He can't even dress for an aweful team. His value is lower than a snakes ass. Getting someone to just take that ***** was a stroke of genius

He was injured. He left last game after a nasty collision with Lindback.

I still agree with you that the Blues are better without him and that his value around the league was pitiful, otherwise the Sabres probably would have flipped him. But he wasn't a healthy scratch.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
And as frustrating as Stewart is he should never be a healthy scratch in Buffalo. You can't tell me they have 12 forwards that are better than him, especially when John Scott is regularly dressed.

Elum

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah Stewart got injured in Tampa and was most likely a season ending injury. Really was a shame. Him, Foligno and Hodgson looked really good together, not to mention he was flying back on a backcheck. It was a big turnaround from his first game.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Anyone have a clip of Miller and Ott being introduced at our first home game?

There is a audio clip at the Blues official site, but no video because stupid-ass NBCSN thought it would be better to show nothing instead, and just have their color team tell us how loud the response was. So there is no video on it.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Yeah Stewart got injured in Tampa and was most likely a season ending injury. Really was a shame. Him, Foligno and Hodgson looked really good together, not to mention he was flying back on a backcheck. It was a big turnaround from his first game.

Maybe your coach finally got through to him about his constant floating.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Maybe your coach finally got through to him about his constant floating.

Naw, I think he is a guy who does well when he has a change of scenery, it happened here too. He'll also be better in the east. On a per minute basis, Stewart was still pretty productive in STL, so I think more ice time will serve him well. Its a shame hes going to be out for the year.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Naw, I think he is a guy who does well when he has a change of scenery, it happened here too. He'll also be better in the east. On a per minute basis, Stewart was still pretty productive in STL, so I think more ice time will serve him well. Its a shame hes going to be out for the year.

I think it will be like Perron. Lots of production in a bigger role, but it won't translate into a significant bump in the win column.

Things are bad in Buffalo. Stewart will look good in comparison to what they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad