Confirmed with Link: [STL/BUF]J.Halak, C.Stewart, W.Carrier, 1st & 3rd for R.Miller & S.Ott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Oh my goodness Robb, you are too hilarious.
I've got to stop moving to other threads between periods!

Clearly, the fish oil is not helping. I guess all those crosschecks to the head I took in the late '50s and early '60s are coming home to roost. We didn't wear helmets back then. Mandatory helmets came in in Manitoba in 1964. :rant:

I wondered, "Where the hell did everybody go???" :)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
@RyanMiller3039

Awesome experience playing my first game in front of the @StLouisBlues fans. Happy to get the win. Thanks for the warm reception! #LGB

Hopefully we convince him to stay.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I've got to stop moving to other threads between periods!

Clearly, the fish oil is not helping. I guess all those crosschecks to the head I took in the late '50s and early '60s are coming home to roost. We didn't wear helmets back then. Mandatory helmets came in in Manitoba in 1964. :rant:

I wondered, "Where the hell did everybody go???" :)

That's why I stay out of jumping around now Robb. It's ok we are just older then dirt :laugh:

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
so, now that we saw just how many goalies were moved when there was apparently wasn't a market for them, do you think armstrong was smart to make the deal he did when he did? do you think he should have waited for the price to come down?

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
so, now that we saw just how many goalies were moved when there was apparently wasn't a market for them, do you think armstrong was smart to make the deal he did when he did? do you think he should have waited for the price to come down?

Looking at the trades it seems we vastly overpaid

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Since there wasn't much of a market for Stewart and Halak, I don't think we overpaid. A couple 1sts and getting back a 2nd and 3rd isn't real bad, especially if we re-sign Miller and make a serious run (s)

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
The only other two guys I would have wanted are Tim Thomas and maybe Luongo. I like to think we got the best of the bunch though. I'll be happy if we resign the guys that we have to sign this year like Schwartz, Sobotka, and Berglund. Or use Berglund's money to sign a number one center.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
These bizarre ideas that the Blues "vastly overpaid" are...well...bizarre. I don't understand how it is that the Blues overpaid.

Carrier, a 1st and a conditional for Miller

Stewart for Ott

And the Blues will receive some picks in return based on conditions.

That is overpayment? The picture is big, so try to step back and encompass the entire picture.

The post de facto plastic folding chair GM game being played here is a joke.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I just don't see what you're seeing man.

There was zero market for Stewart or else he would have been gone today. Halak returned another young low level goalie.

We traded away Halak, (which means nothing value wise) a slightly above average prospect, and a 1st for a top end goalie.

We traded away a player with no value and a conditional pick for a player that can be useful to us.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would think there would have been a bidding war for miller. We didn't get a steal but I don't believe we overpaid.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

You raise a very good question, and I would have to say yes, given how many goalies went, I would say Army was very smart to pull the trigger on Miller & Ott when he did. As I definitely believe we got the best of the numerous goalies that shifted around the league.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia

I disagree. Today actually showed that there was a lot of demand for goaltending, we simply paid the most for the best of the bunch. Reto Berra got a friggin 2nd rounder. Every other goalie on the market had some flaws. And it will look a lot better if we can get Miller resigned to a reasonable extension.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Not worrying about trade value at the moment, which includes appraising draft picks that we can't really know what they turn into yet....I think the Blues improved their team on the ice the most out of all the contenders.

I don't think the LAK move will bear fruit. Montreal with Vanek will make the post-season a little more exciting for them, but doesn't really put Montreal on the level with Western Conference contenders. Anaheim appears to have flubbed a move or something. The Penner deal seems odd, even simply for depth.

Minnesota is the move that should be the most interesting to Blues fans, since they project as our most probable first round opponent. I think their team is a bit better, but I don't think they're going to be able to challenge the Blues in a 7 game series.

The one team I really find fascinating is Tampa. They get rid of their captain, who seems to have been acting like a jackass...and bring in a quality player like Callahan (a pure rental) and get Stamkos back. We'll see if they can find some chemistry with their new lines, but I suspect this is going to be one of those moves where a malcontent moving improves the team a lot more than it should on paper. I also expect zero from the Rangers. Won't be the least surprised to find the Lightning in the ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad