Post-Game Talk: Still a joke, no playoffs.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I'm hoping nobody shows to the last home games.
Not a big enough **** you in the world for Katz, Nicky and co but I still want to see that.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
If McDavid leaves IMO hiring Chiarelli will be the biggest mistake in franchise history.

Yes, above trading Gretzky. At least they got 4 Cups out of Gretzky and managed to win one without him anyway.

If you lose a player of McDavid's talent without even getting anything great done, that is an absolute failure and we are in this spot because of this moron GM's team building philosophy.

Now the new GM is under tremendous pressure with not much cap space for next year and not much in the way of tradable assets.
The rot runs deeper than chiarelli. Wake up

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Why do these jokers on CHED always basically tell the callers which option to pick on Finish the Play? If they're wrong, they're wrong. I wanna see losers, dammit! That's why I watch the Oilers.

Reactions: KYams17

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I’ve been an Oiler fan since they joined the league, born and raised in Edmonton and STH for 31 years. 80’s May have spoiled us fans but we’ve more than had our share of misery since then. The day we traded Messier was the day we traded the soul of this team. With no soul this franchise has been left twisting in the wind. Some would say I’m going too far back in time on this but I’ve watched this team for 40 years now. Slats had us on life support until he left for Manhattan and it’s been down hill since he bailed. Sure we had the Weight, Smyth and Cujo years but we were never a serious threat, after that Pronger brought us some hope but he bailed too. We then went the Hall and Eberle route and that chapter closed. Now it’s Connor and Leon, how long before these guys want out? Connor’s latest interview shows his frustration is at an all time high, this is understandable at this point, next season will be his 5th in the league and what does he have around him? Leon, that’s it, that’s all, what an abomination this management has been since Slats walked. 19 years and counting.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The organization from top to bottom are morons from the owner to management to the radio (Stauffer and Michaels, I like Rob Brown) and TV crews (Quinn, Remenda and Principe, Louie is ok) to their panels, to the media (Jones and Matheson) even Hunter sticks out as a particularly stupid mascot. Not to mention, the awful orange colors they switched to. It's a cesspool from top to bottom, a big fail at all levels.

This is so hilariously true.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
It's tough to fathom how bad things are right now. It's going to take years for the next GM to clean up this mess, and odds are it's still going to be the same group running the show. This is the lowest moment in Oilers history IMO, and next year could very well be in the running.

Reactions: MikeYEG and TB12

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Dude he looked PISSED after she asked that...Why the **** would you EVER ask that question...Just ask if he thinks they could carry over the chemistry to next season leave out the eliminated part...Never let her near a dressing room ever again
Reporter always ask inane questions.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Good to at least tank that's the one bright side. Hopefully we can't get a new GM who is worst than Chia or can we?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The rot runs deeper than chiarelli. Wake up

This is also the team he wanted and it's the team he would've built no matter what. This is his philosophy of team building and it has been from before he got here it just wasn't as noticeable in Boston because he was gifted greater depth and a bonafied Norris-caliber D from day 1 there.

However you rationalize it the fact is he decided at some point that Blake Wheeler, Phil Kessel, Tyler Seguin, Taylor Hall, shouldn't be on his hockey team.

I don't care about the Oilers teams from 2012 or 2008. To me they have little to no relevance to the team that is here and now in 2019.

Reactions: booyakasha

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I’ve been an Oiler fan since they joined the league, born and raised in Edmonton and STH for 31 years. 80’s May have spoiled us fans but we’ve more than had our share of misery since then. The day we traded Messier was the day we traded the soul of this team. With no soul this franchise has been left twisting in the wind. Some would say I’m going too far back in time on this but I’ve watched this team for 40 years now. Slats had us on life support until he left for Manhattan and it’s been down hill since he bailed. Sure we had the Weight, Smyth and Cujo years but we were never a serious threat, after that Pronger brought us some hope but he bailed too. We then went the Hall and Eberle route and that chapter closed. Now it’s Connor and Leon, how long before these guys want out? Connor’s latest interview shows his frustration is at an all time high, this is understandable at this point, next season will be his 5th in the league and what does he have around him? Leon, that’s it, that’s all, what an abomination this management has been since Slats walked. 19 years and counting.

The worst part is the oilers have NOTHING to pitch to these guys to say there close or they have a plan. Our team has so many holes, we don’t have a gm and we don’t have coach for next year. Mcdavid wants out behind closed doors, that I have no doubt. He hates losing and he sees a lot wrong here. As a fan of the game I wish they would, if he’s on a winning team he’s a perennial Hart winner, to say he’d have 3 already in his young career, it would be insane. We’re 3-4 years away once again in being competitive. Our roster is so gutted and cap strapped our only option is to wait it out.
Mcdavid has way to much pride to do it, but if he went public and requessted a trade it wouldn’t shock me any. There’s no way we build a very good team by next year, you really thing he sits and takes another losing year?

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Anyone else wish Connor had more fire to him? I think he needs a break as Captain, bring in a seasoned vet to be C and let Connor focus on what he’s good at - putting up a tonne of points. Thornton would be great.
He should keep the C, but they could definitely use some veteran leadership. You can see the difference with the likes of Hendricks, Gagner, Chiasson, and Reggie can make. Their stats are rather unimpressives, but there is an effect on overall team chemistry, getting W's, holding leads, avoiding long loosing streaks, etc. Oilers seem to gamble too much on young talent or guys who don't seem to lead well *looks @ Lucic*.

Kinda like @Messrules11 said we've been soulless since Messier left.

Leafs, by comparison, added the likes of Marleau and Tavares. Meanwhile the Buds went for Shea Weber.
Someone like a Toews is what the Oilers need (imo). This would allow for a high value RNH trade.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It’s actually pretty fitting how the night went. The Avs needed something to keep the teams behind them at bay and mustered a crucial tying goal in the final minute. The Oilers on the other hand generated zero offense during the latter half of the third period and never threatened to tie the game. Vegas didn’t even have to try.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Right there with ya and agree with everything you said. Been around since 78. Messier was the final straw for me as well.

The hope Katz first brought was lost, then the hope a new building coupled with McDavid brought is now lost.

Now saddled with terrible contracts - Lucic - Koskinen - Russell - Sekera (5m for a bottom pair D is a bad contract) Brodziak and others, little in the way of immediate help from prospects, Edmonton being a No Go for most free agents (not that we’ve had any luck signing good free agents anyway), it’s going to be a few years till we draft and develop our way out of this mess.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I almost feel bad for McDavid.. except he’s making 12.5 million per year so not really.

If we had an NHL caliber 2nd line, we make the playoffs.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Dude he looked PISSED after she asked that...Why the **** would you EVER ask that question...Just ask if he thinks they could carry over the chemistry to next season leave out the eliminated part...Never let her near a dressing room ever again
He just found that they were officially eliminated from her saying that, which probably added to how mad he was

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad