Post-Game Talk: Still a joke, no playoffs.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
They're all stupid, but this particular version of the McDavid-era Oilers is that last guy. He wanted this style of team and he built exactly what he wanted.

And that's what you get when your GM has no respect for skill or speed in a hockey roster.
this organization has been a failure long before Chia arrived..problems have and will continue to linger as long as the same buffoons are running the ship

exhibit A: keeping Chiarelli on too long

easy to pin the roster make up on Chiarelli...but the organization fell in line with his vision...if they didn't, he would have been fired sooner
but he wasn't

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
this organization has been a failure long before Chia arrived..problems have and will continue to linger as long as the same buffoons are running the ship

exhibit A: keeping Chiarelli on too long

easy to pin the roster make up on Chiarelli...but the organization fell in line with his vision...if they didn't, he would have been fired sooner
but he wasn't

I wish honestly 2016-17 never happened if this was the net result. People got so impressed with that season that they could not objectively realize what this moron of a manager was doing.

Reactions: space321

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Jessica Kent to McDavid: "you've been mathematically eliminated but you've really been clicking as a team"

What in the flying f*** are you on about! McDavid laughed immediately. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I wish honestly 2016-17 never happened if this was the net result. People got so impressed with that season that they could not objectively realize what this moron of a manager was doing.
well it did, then Nicholson held a presser after last season telling us Chia isn't going anywhere and he's doing good things
and now he's babbling things about finding "high character" players and such while throwing other players under the bus at SSH meetings

and he's hiring the next GM

but don't worry, things are fine with Chiarelli gone...HAHAHA

Reactions: TB12 and EagerPug

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
well it did, then Nicholson held a presser after last season telling us Chia isn't going anywhere and he's doing good things
and now he's babbling things about finding "high character" player and such while throwing other players under the bus at SSH meetings

and he's hiring the next GM

but don't worry, things are fine with Chiarelli gone...HAHAHA

They're not fine because now we're living in the shit that comes with having a GM that bad.

Just because you fire someone doesn't mean everything magically reverts to 0, that's why I was shouting at the top of my lungs that this guy had to go last summer.

But they didn't want to do that out of a misguided sense that 16-17 was some magical season.

Now is actually when the chickens are coming home to roost and we'll be dealing with this for a while.

Reactions: Little Fury

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
If Connor goes, I'm going with him. No matter where. I will even suck it up and cheer for the Leafs. I'm dead serious. This ****ing franchise does not deserve any of us.
Don't blame you one iota. For myself though that would pretty much end my NHL fandom. It would break the hold the Oilers have had on my psyche for the last 30+ years but I could never cheer for another team.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Don't blame you one iota. For myself though that would pretty much end my NHL fandom. It would break the hold the Oilers have had on my psyche for the last 30+ years but I could never cheer for another team.

I'm in the same boat. 80s were fun Oilers and I'm lucky to have some memories of that era, but yeah I'd be out. You're not worth 30 years of unending loyalty (err, is it loilty?), Oilers. I actually hope if he goes somewhere else it is Toronto because at least he'd be in Canada still.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
At least that team would be a heckuva lot of fun to watch with him there.

It sure would. The crazy thing is if AM34 was the guy being moved out, Toronto wouldn't even have to adjust their plan to manage the salary cap to make it work moving forward. God I feel sorry for McDavid. Nobody does more with less.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I just heard that. She's an absolute moron.

The organization from top to bottom are morons from the owner to management to the radio (Stauffer and Michaels, I like Rob Brown) and TV crews (Quinn, Remenda and Principe, Louie is ok) to their panels, to the media (Jones and Matheson) even Hunter sticks out as a particularly stupid mascot. Not to mention, the awful orange colors they switched to. It's a cesspool from top to bottom, a big fail at all levels.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
What a tire fire our empty net and two man advantage teams are.

These guys have played hockey all their lives but it looks at times as if they are just learning the game.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
They're not fine because now we're living in the **** that comes with having a GM that bad.

Just because you fire someone doesn't mean everything magically reverts to 0, that's why I was shouting at the top of my lungs that this guy had to go last summer.

But they didn't want to do that out of a misguided sense that 16-17 was some magical season.

Now is actually when the chickens are coming home to roost and we'll be dealing with this for a while.
Come on dude, they’ve never had a good GM since Sather
Who cares if Chia is the “worst”
Set your Chiarelli obsession aside for a minute and come to grips with the fact they’ve never made a decent hire
They’re always behind the curve and never “cutting edge”

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The organization from top to bottom are morons from the owner to management to the radio (Stauffer and Michaels, I like Rob Brown) and TV crews (Quinn, Remenda and Principe, Louie is ok) to their panels, to the media (Jones and Matheson) even Hunter sticks out as a particularly stupid mascot. Not to mention, the awful orange colors they switched to. It's a cesspool from top to bottom, a big fail at all levels.
I don't think the oilers control the TV crews though?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Set your Chiarelli obsession aside for a minute and come to grips with the fact they’ve never made a decent hire
Even if the oilers did hire a cutting edge and new up and coming GM, soundwave would complain about that too.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

He is the worst by far.

None of the other GMs had Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitl to work with.

He's the worst GM in the history of this franchise and it came at the worst possible time and the result of his hire could have consequences that are devastating.

At least when Mac T or Tamebellini f***ed up we'd just get another high draft pick and move on. That doesn't work the same way anymore.

I think he may well be the worst thing to ever happen to the Oilers franchise. Worse than the Gretzky trade.

He took a situation that could have been great and maybe sewered it and now we're stuck in a very awkward spot with what do you do now.

Forget the Oilers, IMO this is one of probably the top 5 worst cases of mismanagement in the history of the NHL, maybe in the history of North American pro sports.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018

Haha, it's funny because it's true. Everything surrounding this organization is garbage.

At least Debrusk gets to escape and do national games on Saturdays. They should let McDavid escape at some point too if the garbage seasons continue.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
They're not fine because now we're living in the **** that comes with having a GM that bad.

Yup. Surprisingly few of us were advocating to cut chia loose. Idk... we had a team with McDavid on an ELC and we made our team worse???

And we trusted that gms vision for another season? Like... what?! And then once again... chia made the team worse yet again. Missing the playoffs last year with hall winning the the Hart should have been a death knell. Utterly embarrassing to move that calibre of player got a 2nd pairing defender.

Reactions: space321

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
This is bad guys, really bad. I'm not a mathematician or anything but I think we might be screwed for a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad