GDT: Stickpuck Duel: "Meet the New Boss, (Please be better than) the Old Boss"

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Seems like the team has made some serious adjustments on a number of fronts. The way they play with the lead in the 3rd lately is the exact opposite from recent history.

A lot more rushes hitting the ozone 3 or 4 across up the middle, injstead of 1 on 2 up the wing as well.

And the positioning in the drone staying between the forward and the goalie, or so it seems. And the physicality in the dzone. A lot more dislodging.

All sorts of stuff going on. Curious how much is execution vs. changed strategy vs. my imagination.
I've noticed our d-men don't just sit around at their blue line in the offensive zone late in the game when we have a lead like they used to. They are much more active.

Also, I don't think we can mention this enough but the quality of goaltending has noticeably improved lately as well. I'm starting to wonder about Darling's eyesight because Cam, even as an older goalie, tracks the puck much better. Darling always seems to be fighting to see the puck. It's amazing his stats are what they are because I haven't seen a goalie visibly struggle to see the puck like Darling has in a long time.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
'Canes beat division rival in regulation
Blue Jackets and Isles lose in regulation (assuming WPG holds on 3 minutes)
Rangers and Devils drop a point to inferior teams

Life in the Metro doesn't get better than this!
Is this what it feels like to experience success not given to you by Uncle Gary?

giphy.gif

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Things could be worse. We could be back-to-back defending Cup champions while criticizing the coach who's the only reason we won those Cups just because he refuses to play a player scoring at Fogle's rate in the AHL who's not even an option to him because his genius GM won't call him up.

Those fans are so conflicted. I forgot they were supposed to win the Cup every year because Uncle Gary rigged the lottery to give them hope.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Things could be worse. We could be back-to-back defending Cup champions while criticizing the coach who's the only reason we won those Cups just because he refuses to play a player scoring at Fogle's rate in the AHL who's not even an option to him because his genius GM won't call him up.

Those fans are so conflicted. I forgot they were supposed to win the Cup every year because Uncle Gary rigged the lottery to give them hope.

They are wanting to trade their lazy Captain

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC

Which fan base has the bigger victim mentality, the one that's been without playoffs for 8 years or the one that just won back to back cups? The answer may surprise you!

Seriously every other post is bitching and moaning about the refs. Man I hope they sell the farm to "put some energy into their lineup" cmon JR you know you want to

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad