Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It’s “Trogdor”

images

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm a weirdo who watched the immediate replay after the game. Slavin and Pesce were even more impressive upon 2nd viewing. If they can get back to shutting out top lines like that more often than not (first Pens goal doesn't count to me, Williams was interfered with clear as day), we're in an extremely good playoff position.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'm a weirdo who watched the immediate replay after the game. Slavin and Pesce were even more impressive upon 2nd viewing. If they can get back to shutting out top lines like that more often than not (first Pens goal doesn't count to me, Williams was interfered with clear as day), we're in an extremely good playoff position.

Is that weird? If that's weird, I'm a weirdo too.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
I wonder if the grind was just wearing Slavin out a little bit. It's not easy to play 23 minutes a night against the best players in the league, especially considering he basically did it straight out of college. Only 2 games but he seems refreshed and much more effective after the Christmas break, at least to my eyes.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I wonder if the grind was just wearing Slavin out a little bit. It's not easy to play 23 minutes a night against the best players in the league, especially considering he basically did it straight out of college. Only 2 games but he seems refreshed and much more effective after the Christmas break, at least to my eyes.
Spiritually revitalized! Lot of churchin' over the holidays and all....

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
He seems to have gotten a new, active stick set for Christmas.

Too bad Jordan didn't get the new, soft hands he asked for.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
For Faulk, as long as he's only being noticed in the offensive end is a good thing.

However, this game the only time I noticed him was when he got in foot race for an icing and he looked noticeably slower than the forward he was skating against. I think the play did result in icing, but when I saw it I was wondering if Faulk could stand to lose 10-15 lbs. He is noticeably less agile than he was when he broke into the league.

He looked noticeably slower than Carl Hagelin?!? One of the fastest players in the NHL? Ya don't say...

I love the crusade this board is on against Faulk.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
He looked noticeably slower than Carl Hagelin?!? One of the fastest players in the NHL? Ya don't say...

I love the crusade this board is on against Faulk.
I wouldn't say there is an anti-Faulk crusade but then again not everyone has a Faulk-icorn avatar so there's that. Seriously though, it's like any player who has been with this team for several years. First he's overrated - I personally have stated that many times in the past about Faulk here and on the trade board - and then after a large enough sample size, warts are more evident. AKA shiny toy syndrome or STS.

Faulk has not been good, and that goes beyond his paltry scoring. I don't agree with those that are quick to say he should be traded, but his play has warranted criticism this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->