STH TPA Renewal 2020

STH: Will You Be Renewing Your Season Tickets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Anyone else have an issue with their statement of money that will be refunded. I have 2 full season seats. The statement says...

Four (4) unplayed 2019-20 regular season home games - $53.13

Anyone else getting $7 per ticket refund?

Do you pay for your tickets monthly? I didn't make my last payment (and you shouldn't have either) so that $53.13 is what's leftover after you factor in only making 11 out of 12 payments.

Example: I am getting $46 back but I owe them $520. My refund is $46 + the $520 that I didn't pay.

$566/8 = $70.75 per ticket.

Last edited:

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Anyone else have an issue with their statement of money that will be refunded. I have 2 full season seats. The statement says...

Four (4) unplayed 2019-20 regular season home games - $53.13

Anyone else getting $7 per ticket refund?

Yes, I purchased for a extra game through my account but they are not giving me credit for the game, Yet to receive a returned e-mail from them on why it's not being included. So they say I have 4 games left but I actually have 3 left and they are only giving me credit for 2 games.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Was there any update regarding single game tickets that were purchased?

There doesn't seem to be anything out there regarding non-STH refunds. I didn't find anything on Reddit, obviously here, Jets site or general Google search. So the only communication seems to be to the STH at this point.

I do note that STH cannot get refunds for games they've sold, presumably because they've been functionally transferred to another electronic Jets account, so those people, of which I assume you are one, probably have to contact TNSE directly.

And yes, that was probably very little help. Sorry.

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
There doesn't seem to be anything out there regarding non-STH refunds. I didn't find anything on Reddit, obviously here, Jets site or general Google search. So the only communication seems to be to the STH at this point.

I do note that STH cannot get refunds for games they've sold, presumably because they've been functionally transferred to another electronic Jets account, so those people, of which I assume you are one, probably have to contact TNSE directly.

And yes, that was probably very little help. Sorry.

Thanks for the reply! I just logged into my Jets account and they're appeared to be a refund/credit in there to be disbursed to either my credit card or bank account.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
On a related note, I just got an e-mail from fansfirst asking me to etransfer back the amount I was paid for a pair of tickets to a cancelled game.

I'll do the honourable thing and pay, but man I would not want to be in their shoes waiting on hundreds, maybe thousands of people to pony up.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Wow True North is nasty. I got a reply from them that are not able to refund my tickets to the Vegas game because of Ticket Master. It was bought on Jets Seat Exchange. I got the follow reply from Ticket Master:

Hang on to your tickets — we’ll email you as soon as the new date is announced.

Please Note: Your event organizer is not allowing refunds at this time. Given the unprecedented circumstances, event organizers are constantly assessing the situation and making determinations regarding refunds. You can always check your Ticketmaster Account later, as this status may change. Just go to your order to see if a refund link appears, which would indicate that the event organizer has made your order eligible for a refund.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

-Ticketmaster Fan Support

So True North is out right stealing my money. I'm so glad I didn't renew my season tickets after this season. So I guess I'm out the $160 as they refuse to refund me. The Ticket rep said it's not up to them.

Moral of the story, never buy tickets from Jets Seat Exchange they will rip you off.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
^I don't understand it. The Jets got your $160. Did they give it to the STHer? Why can't they give it to you?

metallion1976

Jul 7, 2015
When I’ve sold seats on ticket exchange, payment comes from ticketmaster, not true north. TN gets a commission from TM. And no doubt TM keeps monies as well.
So the refund is due from TM. Since they’re brutal, to put it nicely, I can’t imagine when people will get refunds from those clowns.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
When I’ve sold seats on ticket exchange, payment comes from ticketmaster, not true north. TN gets a commission from TM. And no doubt TM keeps monies as well.
So the refund is due from TM. Since they’re brutal, to put it nicely, I can’t imagine when people will get refunds from those clowns.

No. In the end TN got the $160 and Sting13 is out the $160. The other party, TM, is just the middleman in another side deal.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Like a concert, TM won’t offer you a refund or credit until it’s officially cancelled or re-scheduled. TM might hold all the cards on timing of when credits/refunds are offered for SeatExchange purchases. They’ll earn interest on your money every last second until they have to give it to you. With season tickets, TNSE has all the control.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
You can all un-bunch your underwear now.

I just got the email that TNSE will issue a Credit/Refund.

It was only a matter of time.

As per our personal emails earlier today, my underwear is still bunched. The reason is that premium seat ticket holders will not be getting the premium seat fee portion refunded. So, I paid $325 for a game I can't attend, but will only be getting back $302. It just shows what a f***ing joke this organization is, and why I'm so glad they have seen the last of my money. :mad:

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Like a concert, TM won’t offer you a refund or credit until it’s officially cancelled or re-scheduled. TM might hold all the cards on timing of when credits/refunds are offered for SeatExchange purchases. They’ll earn interest on your money every last second until they have to give it to you. With season tickets, TNSE has all the control.
It's TNSE's Event. They control. If they give me a refund for being a season ticket holder because the event is canceled than sure as heck they can tell TicketMaster the event is cancelled. It should not be called Winnipeg Jets Seat Exchange if True North has no say in the event. The tickets are actually in my Winnipeg Jets Account.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Judging from people's experiences with the system and situations described, there appear to be a lot of bugs to be worked out. I was able to add a bank account and update my credit card info quite easily.

One detail they appear to have "overlooked" (or perhaps it was on purpose?), was premium seat fees which were not refunded (which could have been done at least in a pro-rated manor).

I've bought and sold tickets on Seat eXchange before and I can see how this can create an interestingly difficult situation...

Say someone bought a ticket on Seat eXchange for one of the "cancelled games in January.
The STH chooses to get a cheque for their ticket sale, paid out at the end of that month.
TicketMaster and TNSE cannot refund the monies to the person who bought the ticket from Seat eXchange as the original STH already has the monies. Thisperson is nowout of luck unless TicketMaster or TNSE reaches out to the original STH and "asks for money back, and I can only imagine how this would piss someone off. Sure TicketMaster and TNSE are huge entities that have maid "extra" money on this transaction and could perhaps "eat it", or could they...

<!Caution - rant>
From what I can tell, the entire live entertainment industry is being ravaged worse than any other, the low margin restaurant/hospitality industry is likely the second worst. Who knows what lies ahead for them? I've heard stories of the owner of multiple big chain restaurants in Winnipeg crying at home because they've had to lay off hundreds of people.

Perhaps it's Karma for decades of perceived price gouging of live entertainment? (Remember when people complained about the price of Tool or RATM tickets, yeah, those were the days?)
All the high horse, morally "woke" bleeding hearts who were crying about front line people in the entertainment industry not getting paid, well, you can kiss all their jobs goodbye! At this rate, they will all be laid off, TNSE (or any other "rich" owner, for that matter) continuing to pay them is unsustainable no matter how much of a philanthropist/generous they are or how deep their pockets are.

I digress, it's just that I see this pandemic bringing out a lot of good people but there is still too much "what about me" going on for me right now. Perhaps this world situation will bring in more humility from "the rich" but the "sour grapes" drives me nuts as well.

I'm not a business owner or "rich", nor do I work for TicketMaster or True North. There were layoff at my place of work this week and I'm just a little riled up that is all.

Be safe, be humble, be nice, get out there and BUY LOCAL!
</rant>

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
It's TNSE's Event. They control. If they give me a refund for being a season ticket holder because the event is canceled than sure as heck they can tell TicketMaster the event is cancelled. It should not be called Winnipeg Jets Seat Exchange if True North has no say in the event. The tickets are actually in my Winnipeg Jets Account.
I have tickets to two different concerts that haven’t been re-scheduled or canceled yet. So they’re sitting in limbo...I haven’t received a refund or tickets for new date because none of that has happened yet. Which is the same as your situation. They know they won’t be played in Winnipeg any time soon, but technically the season hasn’t been canceled and regular season games haven’t been re-scheduled yet.

It’s just a guess on my part, but Ticketmaster might be waiting until the NHL officially cancels or announces the games in hub cities before seat exchange tickets are dealt with. The Jets - Golden Knights regular season game could still be played “somewhere”.

Edit: Sabadecade also brought up a great point. The STH you bought your ticket from on SeatExchange might’ve already received their money. So that adds another layer to Seat Exchange refunds.

Ticketmaster is awful. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re hanging on to some technicality to hold on to your money as long as humanly possible.

Last edited:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
On a related note, I just got an e-mail from fansfirst asking me to etransfer back the amount I was paid for a pair of tickets to a cancelled game.

I'll do the honourable thing and pay, but man I would not want to be in their shoes waiting on hundreds, maybe thousands of people to pony up.

I got the same email and will also do the right thing and send them $200 when the Jets refund my $$$$.
Is there confirmation from the Jets that the STH is being refunded $$$ for games that have been transferred to other people?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I got the same email and will also do the right thing and send them $200 when the Jets refund my $$$$.
Is there confirmation from the Jets that the STH is being refunded $$$ for games that have been transferred to other people?
Not 100% sure but the amount they quoted me includes tickets that have I have already transferred to my group members....So I will pay it back to my group members once I receive it....Im going to guess it is because my credit card was used to originally pay for the tickets before I transferred them to group members....Plus it has to be easier to give a refund to 10 thousand primary season ticket holders than the 75 thousand different people who actually now hold the tickets in their accounts?

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Not 100% sure but the amount they quoted me includes tickets that have I have already transferred to my group members....So I will pay it back to my group members once I receive it....

In my case it definitely does. (Except it does not include any portion of the Premium Seat Fee)

I've informed my group members that they will be receiving their appropriate portion of the refund. (Not including any portion of the Premium Seat Fee, for which I have inquired, we'll see what they say).

Reactions: SCP Guy

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I have tickets to two different concerts that haven’t been re-scheduled or canceled yet. So they’re sitting in limbo...I haven’t received a refund or tickets for new date because none of that has happened yet. Which is the same as your situation. They know they won’t be played in Winnipeg any time soon, but technically the season hasn’t been canceled and regular season games haven’t been re-scheduled yet.

It’s just a guess on my part, but Ticketmaster might be waiting until the NHL officially cancels or announces the games in hub cities before seat exchange tickets are dealt with. The Jets - Golden Knights regular season game could still be played “somewhere”.

Edit: Sabadecade also brought up a great point. The STH you bought your ticket from on SeatExchange might’ve already received their money. So that adds another layer to Seat Exchange refunds.

Ticketmaster is awful. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re hanging on to some technicality to hold on to your money as long as humanly possible.

The big issue I have is for years the Winnipeg Jets have been promoting it as Winnipeg Jets Seat Exchange-Safe! Reliable! Authorized! Guaranteed! Winnipeg Jets SeatExchange . Now they are saying they have nothing to do with it,
I certainly have lost all trust in them. Ticket reps have no answers about my tickets. If they can't answer questions about tickets what exactly is my ticket rep for?

Ryan Giggs

There's no such thing as Scotchtoberfest
Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place
The big issue I have is for years the Winnipeg Jets have been promoting it as Winnipeg Jets Seat Exchange-Safe! Reliable! Authorized! Guaranteed! Winnipeg Jets SeatExchange . Now they are saying they have nothing to do with it,
I certainly have lost all trust in them. Ticket reps have no answers about my tickets. If they can't answer questions about tickets what exactly is my ticket rep for?

1. I've had a similar response from the team before... "its not us, its ticketmaster"... this is incredibly shoddy customer service. When I have a concern with a product that has your name on it (ie a ticket to a WINNIPEG JETS game) I do not want to hear that the problem is with another company that you choose to do business with. Jets management must stop this process and deal directly with customers.

2. Ticketmaster is a horrible company to do business with. They gouge and slice and MAKE A TON OF MISTAKES. Their ad on fees are a joke of the highest order. Trouble is they have a virtual monopoly over live events (Sports, Concerts, events ect, ect) and you have to do business with them. I love the Jets, I love going to the games, unfortunately this means I have to do business with a company that I do not trust and would never choose spend money with. There must be a better alternative out there. I also think they dictate to teams like the Jets... I'm convinced the scanned virtual bar codes and no more paper ticketing is their doing trying to convince teams that it will allow the team (and TM) to control the secondary ticket market, when all they have done is make it a mess.

3. Seat Exchange is a horrible system and the Jets ticketing strategy from day one must take most of the blame here (anyone who has bought or sold on Fans First can see its a much better way of doing things). The whole season ticket / regular season price discrepancy really doesn't work anymore especially when almost 90% of the tickets sold are season tickets. It will be very interesting to see how they try to resolve this issue when hockey returns. As a season ticket holder I was not happy seeing the team undercut prices for unsold tickets to games I was also trying to sell. I don't have a problem if they offer up some type of "student discount" to try and move tickets to low selling games, but from what I could tell the team was consistently trying to undercut sellers on seatexchange while dictating the lowest price people could sell their seats for. Not cool.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad