STH TPA Renewal 2020

STH: Will You Be Renewing Your Season Tickets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
yeah the whole corporate office building industry may be in trouble long term, since hopefully all of this has removed the illusion of the antiquated notion everyone has to be in a cube next to each other to function properly.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I checked my STH contract. The “Term” has a clause that states “The term may be reasonably and appropriately adjusted by the Team in its sole discretion in the event of suspension of games for any reason whatsoever or the unforeseen inability to play at Bell MTS Place.”

Flippin’ lawyers always cover their bases..

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I checked my STH contract. The “Term” has a clause that states “The term may be reasonably and appropriately adjusted by the Team in its sole discretion in the event of suspension of games for any reason whatsoever or the unforeseen inability to play at Bell MTS Place.”

Flippin’ lawyers always cover their bases..
That is why the get to wear nice suits and drive fancy cars :laugh:

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
If the entire next season ran with no fans, I wonder if there would be a renewed rush for season tickets the following year?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
yeah the whole corporate office building industry may be in trouble long term, since hopefully all of this has removed the illusion of the antiquated notion everyone has to be in a cube next to each other to function properly.
Don't they? I don't know anyone who's actually "working" at home. ;)

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Whats the penalty of getting out of the contract early? If even posisble.

Depends how nice TNSE is feeling that day..

But technically,

12. Default. In the event of default or failure by the Primary Account Holder to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including, but not limited to, payment for Tickets, breach of the assignment, transfer and resale provisions, or breach of the Winnipeg Jets Fan Code of Conduct), the Team shall be entitled to all rights available at law or in equity including, but not limited to: (i) the termination of this Agreement, the Account and all Tickets whether for future Home Games or playoff games (revoking the personal license represented thereby), without compensation to the Primary Account Holder; (ii) the right to resell any revoked Tickets; (iii) retaining the Deposit referred to herein; (iv) retaining all amounts paid to the Team for such Tickets; and/or (v) the commencement of legal action for any outstanding amounts owing for the remainder of the Term as well as for any other damages the Team may suffer. No failure or delay by the Team in the exercise of any remedy provided for in this Agreement shall be construed to constitute a forfeiture or waiver thereof or of any other right or remedy available to the Team

Basically you lose your deposit and they can sue you for the remainder of the ticket contract you are walking away from. But, there has been a lot of debate on here as to if they would in fact sue you. Would be nice to talk to someone who has walked away.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
What each Canadian team is offering re: refunds for this season:

Calgary Flames
The two credit options are: receive a food and beverage voucher worth five per cent of the credit, or get three per cent interest on the value of the credit starting April 1 "until the date the 2020-21 regular season schedule is announced."

Edmonton Oilers
If a credit is applied to next season by June 1, there's a five per cent rebate on that money calculated from April 1 to Oct. 1. If clients top up their accounts or pay for next season in full by June 1, the five per cent is applied to that amount too.

Toronto Maple Leafs
Those who didn't request a refund by May 18 had their credit applied to next season.

Vancouver Canucks
Incentives to not ask for your money back are doubling your Rogers Arena food and beverage allowance to $400, no increase in price on 2020-21 season tickets, the credit serving as a down payment on next season, payment flexibility and no payment plan fees.

Montreal Canadiens
Taking the credit increases it by half its value — $400 owed makes it $600 for example — and freezes the price on renewing at 2019-20 levels. Habs season-seat owners were also offered flexible payment options.

Ottawa Senators
The Sens offered season-ticker holders 25 per cent off next season's package back in March.

Winnipeg Jets
The Jets will discount next season's renewal by three per cent of the credit balance, accrued from March 12 until the first "home pre- or regular-season game at Bell MTS Place."

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Received my refund today...directly into my bank account. Couldn't be happier.

My SSH got his refund and parcelled it out to the group today, as well. I could be a lot happier. True North still owes me $23 and two St Patrik bobbleheads. :mad:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
My SSH got his refund and parcelled it out to the group today, as well. I could be a lot happier. True North still owes me $23 and two St Patrik bobbleheads. :mad:
I just ordered my bobbleheads back in March. have had them for a couple of months now. Had to pay for them but oh well.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I just ordered my bobbleheads back in March. have had them for a couple of months now. Had to pay for them but oh well.

I will live without the bobblehead. True North is not getting any more of my money. And on that topic... clever segue...

What's this I'm hearing about a recent Leger survey regarding the Jets possibly moving their TV broadcasts from TSN to a "Jets Pass" subscription that would cost $299 a season? I assume this would be after the TSN rights expire following the 20/21 season.

Don't want to renew your season tickets at our exorbitant prices? Figure you will just watch at home for nothing? Ha ha, you'll have to pay for that too, soon.

Yeah, don't think so. You want to kill fan interest, out of sight out of mind is a good approach to take. I'll bet a lot of people have come to the realization that hockey (hell, sports in general) can just vanish and their world didn't collapse. They found other things to fill the void. Tread carefully here, True North.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I will live without the bobblehead. True North is not getting any more of my money. And on that topic... clever segue...

What's this I'm hearing about a recent Leger survey regarding the Jets possibly moving their TV broadcasts from TSN to a "Jets Pass" subscription that would cost $299 a season? I assume this would be after the TSN rights expire following the 20/21 season.

Don't want to renew your season tickets at our exorbitant prices? Figure you will just watch at home for nothing? Ha ha, you'll have to pay for that too, soon.

Yeah, don't think so. You want to kill fan interest, out of sight out of mind is a good approach to take. I'll bet a lot of people have come to the realization that hockey (hell, sports in general) can just vanish and their world didn't collapse. They found other things to fill the void. Tread carefully here, True North.

I will disagree with this point....Me and my group of friends have really noticed how important sports is.....Life without sports to our group of guys is WAY less fun.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011

Yeah that won't happen considering Rogers Game Centre Live for the entire league costs around $200.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Could be totally wrong here, but didn't the Jets charge something like $10 a month to watch them in the first season, but there was an uproar over that, and they ended up going into their current package now? I mean you are still paying to get the channel that shows the Jets, but you get the whole channel and everything that's on it, not just the Jets.

As far as the Jets and the NHL... it vanished from Winnipeg before and the world didn't stop turning. TNSE needs to be very careful.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Yeah that won't happen considering Rogers Game Centre Live for the entire league costs around $200.
they could spin a higher price on this though since GCL doesn't show in market games. so they could justify a higher price since it's providing different games. Not that I agree - it'd be pretty tone deaf.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
they could spin a higher price on this though since GCL doesn't show in market games. so they could justify a higher price since it's providing different games. Not that I agree - it'd be pretty tone deaf.

Sadly TNSE has fairly proven they can be quite tone deaf. I'm not especially concerned either way. I'm not aggravated enough to give up my STH at this time (though to be honest I'm at the mercy of my group and some of they likely are at the end of this contract) now that I've finally moved to some very nice seats. I can say though that it's doubtful I'd be paying $300 for watching the games on TV. I'm old enough and cheap enough I could listen on the radio and I'd be having flashback memories of Keilback.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Sadly TNSE has fairly proven they can be quite tone deaf. I'm not especially concerned either way. I'm not aggravated enough to give up my STH at this time (though to be honest I'm at the mercy of my group and some of they likely are at the end of this contract) now that I've finally moved to some very nice seats. I can say though that it's doubtful I'd be paying $300 for watching the games on TV. I'm old enough and cheap enough I could listen on the radio and I'd be having flashback memories of Keilback.

i'm at the point that the 200 or whatever it is i pay for nhl.tv causes an internal debate for me each year now, and not because i care about the 200. not being in the market and being surrounded by the team news etc all the time is maybe what's caused my enthusiasm to wane, but like a poster above, i'm not even sure i care about whether sports are back or not at this point.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
Watch how the Bombers appeal to their fan base and compare it to the Jets. Its insulting.

Jets: Hey were having a 20 percent off deal for sweaters... but your season ticket holder discount doesnt apply.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Watch how the Bombers appeal to their fan base and compare it to the Jets. Its insulting.

Jets: Hey were having a 20 percent off deal for sweaters... but your season ticket holder discount doesnt apply.
The Bombers have to hustle. They don't take their fans for granted because there have been some lean times. It's not a given that they'll fill the building every game (it's a given that they probably won't).

It's the exact opposite for the Jets - up until recently they didn't need to break a sweat to convince anyone to become a season ticket holder and sign up for a multi-year deal. The building filled itself...until suddenly it didn't. Once the secondary market started to soften, that should've set alarm bells ringing at TNSE...but either inertia of disbelief let them continue on pretty much as usual.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

I'd consider spending that money if they fired Maurice.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

In 2014 TSN gave the Senators a 12 year regional deal valued at up to $400M (so $33M/year on average). The Jets would need about 110,000 subscribers paying $299 per season to match that. From this thread on CalgaryPuck the Jets regional broadcasts on TSN3 were drawing 110,000 - 273,00 in the fall of 2017. So I guess it's plausible...but I think 100,000+ subscribers is probably overestimating the demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad