STH TPA Renewal 2020

STH: Will You Be Renewing Your Season Tickets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I doubt that any of next season will be played in front of fans. Vaccine won’t be widely administered until next fall at the earliest.

By next fall I assume you mean fall of 2021?

I am trying not to get too far ahead of myself on that component but if I was forced to bet I would lay my money on that option (not opening to live fans next season). Several wildcards for me are things like:

What do other leagues do and what happens with the numbers? Will we have an effective treatment? What happens to heard immunity within 12 months. What does all the new data say about COVID 19? Do societies develop effective spot testing methods (temperature checks upon entry or other)? Do they have a much more effective TTT program (testing, tracing, targeted quarantine). Lastly on the vaccine front these things take time but we do have allot of boats fishing, the sense of urgency is higher than ever, more lines in the water never hurts. You can’t rush science but you can increase the odds of success by allot more smart, really well funded teams working on a solution at the same time.

Either way arenas and stadiums are breeding grounds for transmission so large events will be last to come back. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the entire 2020-2021 season played in front Empty arena’s.

Reactions: JetsNut

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

I am trying not to get too far ahead of myself on that component but if I was forced to bet I would lay my money on that option (not opening to live fans next season). Several wildcards for me are things like:

What do other leagues do and what happens with the numbers? Will we have an effective treatment? What happens to heard immunity within 12 months. What does all the new data say about COVID 19? Do societies develop effective spot testing methods (temperature checks upon entry or other)? Do they have a much more effective TTT program (testing, tracing, targeted quarantine). Lastly on the vaccine front these things take time but we do have allot of boats fishing, the sense of urgency is higher than ever, more lines in the water never hurts. You can’t rush science but you can increase the odds of success by allot more smart, really well funded teams working on a solution at the same time.

Either way arenas and stadiums are breeding grounds for transmission so large events will be last to come back. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the entire 2020-2021 season played in front Empty arena’s.

Here's the question regarding entry checks: if I've purchased my ticket, as I'm legally obligated to do as a STH, and you reject my entry on the basis of a temperature check, do you refund my money? It's one thing to reject entry into a retail location where I haven't spent any money. I ask this because having spent so much time in doctor's offices over the past couple of years I can tell you that the medical community doesn't view ear readings of temperature as remotely meaningful. I highly doubt TNSE or any organization is going to go to having 15000+ oral thermometers on hand. The back end won't work either. So I don't think effective spot checking actually exists.

I think your last line is the most accurate - if we continue as we are we will not see live events of any size in the near future. AT that point I'm not certain about the health of the league (or other leagues) in any way, shape or form. Gate revenue is critical and I'm certainly not dropping $10K on season tickets to not attend no matter how important an organization may be to me.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Here's the question regarding entry checks: if I've purchased my ticket, as I'm legally obligated to do as a STH, and you reject my entry on the basis of a temperature check, do you refund my money? It's one thing to reject entry into a retail location where I haven't spent any money. I ask this because having spent so much time in doctor's offices over the past couple of years I can tell you that the medical community doesn't view ear readings of temperature as remotely meaningful. I highly doubt TNSE or any organization is going to go to having 15000+ oral thermometers on hand. The back end won't work either. So I don't think effective spot checking actually exists.

I think your last line is the most accurate - if we continue as we are we will not see live events of any size in the near future. AT that point I'm not certain about the health of the league (or other leagues) in any way, shape or form. Gate revenue is critical and I'm certainly not dropping $10K on season tickets to not attend no matter how important an organization may be to me.

Not saying they will do this, but if the Jets or any team want to do mass temperature checks, they would just use the same equipment that my work does and that 1000s of people have to go thru each morning to get into work.

It's basically a hand held high-end infrared device that shoots a beam of light at your forehead, and takes your temperature. Very fast and very accurate. And based on the number, you either get to go to work that day or not.

As far as your other question, will they refund your money? Who knows.

Reactions: buggs

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I bought one on amazon a couple years ago to take my kids temps quick (it is not industrial quality) and gives the same readout as the kids oral thermometer every time I've cross checked them (dozens of times) ..... I would recommend one to new parents it's great to check a little ones fever in the middle of the night without waking them!

Reactions: buggs and cbcwpg

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Not saying they will do this, but if the Jets or any team want to do mass temperature checks, they would just use the same equipment that my work does and that 1000s of people have to go thru each morning to get into work.

It's basically a hand held high-end infrared device that shoots a beam of light at your forehead, and takes your temperature. Very fast and very accurate. And based on the number, you either get to go to work that day or not.

As far as your other question, will they refund your money? Who knows.
Cool, thanks for the info. Was unaware these existed. My kid grew up in the era of ear thermometers and they're not very reliable.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Cool, thanks for the info. Was unaware these existed. My kid grew up in the era of ear thermometers and they're not very reliable.
But what sick child doesn't love getting something jammed in their ear? Well, I guess it's better than some of the alternatives... ;)

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015

Yes I did mean fall of 2021.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

very good point it doesn’t seem like given the current landscape spot checking will be a functional option unless there are material progressions that don’t seem reasonable.

I was talking to someone who would be in the loop and they said there is a path forward on a full season with no gate revenue. They were still talking about a number close to 50% of HRR which surprised me. All the players make half and They are off and running (well perhaps limping).

Will it materialize that way? Time will tell I guess but I don’t think players will want to miss out on a full seasons salary. I don’t think the owners will want to burn a year off either.

Last edited:

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Options for Moose season ticket holders

- an account credit - merchandise credit -providing a donation to the True North Youth Foundation - complete money refund

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The NHL Kings have "begun offering refunds to season-ticket holders," according to Jack Harris of the L.A. TIMES. The team in a memo to ticket holders this week "offered several refund and crediting options for its seven remaining home games that were postponed."

Another team coming out with refunds because they see the obvious.

The Jets want to keep every cent until the last minute.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
How about my season ticket rep sending me an email saying I hope you're doing well, how about spending some of your Jets rewards on a contest to win something....

I was upset and wrote back rather than piddling your jets rewards how about you worry about when I am getting refunded or how your handling my seats for the season that obviously isnt getting played in Winnipeg regardless if they resume and probably not next year. No response.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
How about my season ticket rep sending me an email saying I hope you're doing well, how about spending some of your Jets rewards on a contest to win something....

I was upset and wrote back rather than piddling your jets rewards how about you worry about when I am getting refunded or how your handling my seats for the season that obviously isnt getting played in Winnipeg regardless if they resume and probably not next year. No response.

Right f***ing on! :thumbu:

I got that same email and I have been thinking of replying to her in exactly that way. I may yet do it.

Oh, hey Claudia. Great to hear from you. Wow, that fan cave starter kit is pretty awesome, eh? But you know what I could really use? That $325 of my f***ing money that you're sitting on even though you know I will never be able to attend that Panthers game that got cancelled... oops, I mean postponed because even if it ever does get played, it will be in an empty f***ing arena probably hours way from Winnipeg! Oh, and since that was Bobblehead Night, I figure you also owe me two St Patty B-heads although I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for those. So, since many NHL teams are now offering refunds to their loyal customers, I have to ask... what the f*** is keeping you people at True North from doing this?

Sincerely
nobody important

:soap:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
This week, the Blues rolled out their ticket policy for games postponed because of the pandemic. Season-ticket holders and single-game ticket purchasers now have the option of getting refunds on the six postponed regular-season home games. Or transferring that money to next season and getting credits for those “lost” games.

Another team doing the obvious.

What the f*** is it with TNSE? They don't pay their employees until it becomes known that they are one of the only teams in the whole league not paying them. And now, every day another team is giving refunds because the whole world knows the games won't be played with fans , yet nothing from TNSE. Even the f***ing Ottawa Senators ( the most dysfunctional team in the NHL ) is now giving refunds. We have to be the last at everything.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Where to next? :laugh:

simpsons-pitchforks.jpg

Reactions: Sabadecade

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
You can all un-bunch your underwear now.

I just got the email that TNSE will issue a Credit/Refund.

It was only a matter of time.

Yes praise true north and their accountability of one email the past 2 months to their season ticket holders. If this was any other business people would be pissed but how dare you speak I'll of the the mother ship.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
You can all un-bunch your underwear now.

I just got the email that TNSE will issue a Credit/Refund.

It was only a matter of time.

For me as I didn't renew my tickets the options are a refund to my credit card or a refund to my bank account but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to add the banking information. Anybody else having this issue?

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Credit being issued right now. Choice of full refund or credit towards next years account with 3% bonus of the credit amount

Reactions: ps241

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
For me as I didn't renew my tickets the options are a refund to my credit card or a refund to my bank account but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to add the banking information. Anybody else having this issue?

It's there, I just did mine. You might have to commit to the bank account refund first even if it isn't setup and will prompt you to add it. What's funny was it still asked for my CC info to complete the transaction even though I selected refund to bank account. We'll see how well their system works.

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
It's there, I just did mine. You might have to commit to the bank account refund first even if it isn't setup and will prompt you to add it. What's funny was it still asked for my CC info to complete the transaction even though I selected refund to bank account. We'll see how well their system works.

Yes I had to add the bank account info before requesting it and my auto fill option in chrome was messing things up so I had to type it all out. Refund is supposed to be processed on or around June 12th, 2020 according to my confirmation email.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Anyone else have an issue with their statement of money that will be refunded. I have 2 full season seats. The statement says...

Four (4) unplayed 2019-20 regular season home games - $53.13

Anyone else getting $7 per ticket refund?

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
I asked my rep about getting our Patrik Laine bobble heads since there is no season. Nope, that will be rescheduled to a game next year. Like for f%$ks sake they cant even throw a little bone our way. Meanwhile the Bombers are giving all their season seat holders free masks....

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
There is an “add” button when you select card or bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad