STH TPA Renewal 2020

STH: Will You Be Renewing Your Season Tickets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I would like to see SSH's contacting their Jets reps and letting them know refunds should be an option. As a share partner who is not continuing on with his group, credits don't help me. Show me the damn money. I may yet contact our rep myself, it's not like getting on his nerves is going to hurt me at this stage. What are they going to do, ban me from attending games?

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I just sent our rep an email. We are also done with season tickets so a refund is really our only option. At this point we know no games are going to be played here or with fans so lets get this over with already

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I just sent our rep an email. We are also done with season tickets so a refund is really our only option. At this point we know no games are going to be played here or with fans so lets get this over with already

Excellent. Let's build on this. History has shown us a world war can start with a single shot.
Rise up, rise up. Rise and show your power. :yo:

Reactions: Benny27

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This poll was started before this pandemic nonsense was in full swing. It would be interesting to add a change your vote option to see if some people have changed their mind now. It would also be interesting to know if any SSH's are planning to walk away from their current multi-year commitments and basically dare True North to go after them in court. True North needs to tread very carefully at this point. Having the law on your side won't matter if the optics are painting you as a corporate bully that is tone deaf to what is going on in the world right now. They've gotten away with crappy customer service this far, but this could be a tipping point.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
This poll was started before this pandemic nonsense was in full swing. It would be interesting to add a change your vote option to see if some people have changed their mind now. It would also be interesting to know if any SSH's are planning to walk away from their current multi-year commitments and basically dare True North to go after them in court. True North needs to tread very carefully at this point. Having the law on your side won't matter if the optics are painting you as a corporate bully that is tone deaf to what is going on in the world right now. They've gotten away with crappy customer service this far, but this could be a tipping point.

As I said in a previous post, if the NHL and the Jets end up putting me in a situation where I am basically being forced to use my tickets , because I paid for them , in an unsafe environment... ( games without a vaccine, because lets be honest, no amount of social distancing is going to keep you covid-19 free at a Jets game ) I would love for the chance to see TNSE in court.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
I seriously regret signing a new contract for 3 years last year and cannot wait for this one to end and be done with it. There was 0 value being a season ticket holder before this and now with so many people taking financial hits I can only imagine how TNSE will further undercut season ticket holders guaranteed seats cash with the deals they will be throwing out there.

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Excellent. Let's build on this. History has shown us a world war can start with a single shot.
Rise up, rise up. Rise and show your power. :yo:

This the answer i got.

The NHL has suspended the league, therefore all games are on pause.
Once the NHL has informed us of their decision regarding the 2019-2020 season, we will communicate to all Season Seat Holders for the next steps.
At this time, I do not have any answers regarding refunds.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why don't we actually wait to see what they do before labeling the organization one thing or the other.

The vast majority of teams haven't come up with a plan yet so a non commital answer from thevorg isn't all that unexpected.

If they refuse to give refunds then I will join the choir. A service wasn't rendered so they aren't entitled to the revenue. Doesn't matter the circumstances for it.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Why don't we actually wait to see what they do before labeling the organization one thing or the other.

The vast majority of teams haven't come up with a plan yet so a non commital answer from thevorg isn't all that unexpected.

If they refuse to give refunds then I will join the choir. A service wasn't rendered so they aren't entitled to the revenue. Doesn't matter the circumstances for it.

No no no that's all wrong.....That kind of level headed common sense approach is not welcomed around here :DD

Reactions: JetsNut

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
If other teams are offering refunds why can't TNSE start to offer refunds? We all know at this point this seasons games will not be played here. We no longer have season tickets so a credit is not going to help us. There are people part of our group that could use that money now

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If other teams are offering refunds why can't TNSE start to offer refunds? We all know at this point this seasons games will not be played here. We no longer have season tickets so a credit is not going to help us. There are people part of our group that could use that money now

I would imagine that if everyone wants a refund, TNSE will have to come up with millions in cash to refund seat holders. As an org given that they aren't taking much revenue in they likely don't have much cash sitting around to refund everyone.

I imagine they will likely settle on what the Flyers and other organizations are doing and try to provide incentives for people to roll the money into next season in the form of a credit. For the people who want a refund they will likely refund the cash.

The point is that they are likely going to try to keep as much cash on hand as they can right now and worry about having a bit less cash next year.

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I would imagine that if everyone wants a refund, TNSE will have to come up with millions in cash to refund seat holders. As an org given that they aren't taking much revenue in they likely don't have much cash sitting around to refund everyone.

I imagine they will likely settle on what the Flyers and other organizations are doing and try to provide incentives for people to roll the money into next season in the form of a credit. For the people who want a refund they will likely refund the cash.

The point is that they are likely going to try to keep as much cash on hand as they can right now and worry about having a bit less cash next year.

For people who have canceled their season tickets there really is no option, they will have to offer refunds. I would image most people who still have seasons will opt to just credit for next season. At the same time though who knows what next season will look like. With teams already offering refunds the response i got was pretty poor, do they really expect people to believe we are waiting on the NHL at this point. Some better info is needed at this point

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

So we're now referring to TNSE as The Vorg? Excellent. Carry on.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
As I said in a previous post, if the NHL and the Jets end up putting me in a situation where I am basically being forced to use my tickets , because I paid for them , in an unsafe environment... ( games without a vaccine, because lets be honest, no amount of social distancing is going to keep you covid-19 free at a Jets game ) I would love for the chance to see TNSE in court.

I was speaking with someone who would know allot on this topic. He mentioned he doesn’t expect the Jets to allow fans into the building until after a vaccine is discovered and broadly administered. So maybe January at the earliest but don’t be surprised if most of next season is played in empty buildings.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009

Resistance is futile.

m.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
For people who have canceled their season tickets there really is no option, they will have to offer refunds. I would image most people who still have seasons will opt to just credit for next season. At the same time though who knows what next season will look like. With teams already offering refunds the response i got was pretty poor, do they really expect people to believe we are waiting on the NHL at this point. Some better info is needed at this point

I wouldn't be so sure. A commitment was made to buy a certain amount of tickets and I could see them trying to offer credit for individual tickets in a future season, once fans are allowed back in buildings.

There's 4 home games left so they credit you with _________ to use towards the acquisition of future tickets. Maybe see if you'd be interested in an autographed jersey or something instead of taking all the cash.

Personally I think that is also a fair approach, but I imagine that most teams (including the Jets) will be like the Flyers and automatically roll the unused tickets towards future games unless a ticketholder specifically contacts them and requests the cash back instead.

I can't see a scenario where any organization does anything other than that. The reality is that they'll want to hold onto everyone's money as long as possible, especially for those people that aren't renewing their season tickets.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
This the answer i got.

The NHL has suspended the league, therefore all games are on pause.
Once the NHL has informed us of their decision regarding the 2019-2020 season, we will communicate to all Season Seat Holders for the next steps.
At this time, I do not have any answers regarding refunds.
I spoke to my ticket rep today and got the same response. I told her I don't care what the NHL says, as a high risk individual I won't be going into any hockey arena for the next two years and I want my money back now. She repeated the same answer.

I told her this is between ticket holders and True North, not the NHL. True North has my money and can refund it at any time. She again repeated the same answer. I politely said good-bye.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I spoke to my ticket rep today and got the same response. I told her I don't care what the NHL says, as a high risk individual I won't be going into any hockey arena for the next two years and I want my money back now. She repeated the same answer.

I told her this is between ticket holders and True North, not the NHL. True North has my money and can refund it at any time. She again repeated the same answer. I politely said good-bye.

They clearly are being told that is what they have to say. Perhaps Senior management should adapt the message to something a long the lines of "Dear valued client, we appreciate your business and understand that this is a hard time for all. At this point we haven't finalized our strategy to deal with the remaining 4 home games on the schedule but hope to have something put together by x. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience."

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I wouldn't be so sure. A commitment was made to buy a certain amount of tickets and I could see them trying to offer credit for individual tickets in a future season, once fans are allowed back in buildings.

There's 4 home games left so they credit you with _________ to use towards the acquisition of future tickets. Maybe see if you'd be interested in an autographed jersey or something instead of taking all the cash.

Personally I think that is also a fair approach, but I imagine that most teams (including the Jets) will be like the Flyers and automatically roll the unused tickets towards future games unless a ticketholder specifically contacts them and requests the cash back instead.

I can't see a scenario where any organization does anything other than that. The reality is that they'll want to hold onto everyone's money as long as possible, especially for those people that aren't renewing their season tickets.

I can come back with I made a commitment to buy games in the 2019/20 season and they were unable to provide those games. I can't see the Jets not offering refunds on those, offering people a jersey or whatever else would just cause more problems and more pissed off people. I have 3 people that i would need to give money back to. As someone else posted there may be no hockey with fans till Jan and then who knows, so future tickets is not really a great option either

Although after the Jets handled the whole paying their employees when this all started i wouldnt be surprised if they come out with some sort of plan that u mentioned.

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg

I replied to mine as well but haven't got a response yet. The response is what pisses me off the most, we all know there will be no games happening. At least say we are working on it and we'll have something out soon. Enough with the BS reponses. I would imagine after the Leafs news came out that they r offering refunds the Jets will have to say something in the next couple days.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I was speaking with someone who would know allot on this topic. He mentioned he doesn’t expect the Jets to allow fans into the building until after a vaccine is discovered and broadly administered. So maybe January at the earliest but don’t be surprised if most of next season is played in empty buildings.
I doubt that any of next season will be played in front of fans. Vaccine won’t be widely administered until next fall at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad