STH TPA Renewal 2020

STH: Will You Be Renewing Your Season Tickets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Playoff ticket pricing

Winnipeg Jets

Only reason I posted this is it's very interesting that the Jets are breaking down the ticket prices to the row level and attack zone.

Just wondering if the Jets are going to start doing this kind of pricing for the regular season as well, when future renewals come up.

Reactions: Sabadecade

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
I just said yes to the playoff tickets. :)

Interesting pricing scheme they have going for the playoffs, it's not as simple as P1-7 anymore. It seems each "P" section was split into 3 sub sections and priced accordingly.

I wonder if this is a sign of things to come and that they'll start moving towards a similar pricing scheme for regular season seats? If so, be prepared for unique price changes over the next 3 years depending on where you sit.

EDIT: Haha @cbcwpg just beat me to the same thought!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
The differences are pretty small. From a P3 perspective we went from 112 (end zone attack) to 103 ('corner' defend) and see no pricing change (which only means my seats are still deficient in some way. LOL). There appear to be some paying more in P3 but it's only $5 more at this point.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask... can anyone spare a promo code for The Weekend tickets? Trying to help out a work buddy.

Vapour Trails

Oct 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
After 9 seasons I just gave up the four seats I have had under my name since the Jets returned. Two tickets were paid for by a friend, which he gave up this year, to my surprise.

I started doing some soul searching and eventually came to the "give up" decision as well. The first season my tickets in 322 cost $64 per game and if I couldn't make a game, it was really easy to dispose of the tickets. Fast forward to today and the seats cost $80 and are nearly impossible to sell.

Moreover, each season ticket holder has to buy 4 preseason (AHL) games for full price that have a market value to others of $0.

On the ticket exchange you can buy tickets to nearly any game for the price that season ticket holders pay + admin fees. The advantages to being a season ticket holder are pretty slim these days.

I find it hard to believe there is a wait list for tickets when you can buy tickets to single games for as much as a season ticket holder without the commitment to buy 45 at a time.

Some folks will say, just split the tickets between groups of people. That is a lot of work and coordination; having draws, drawing up agreements, arranging payments. Why not just pay for single game tickets as you want them? In today's market, you are only paying a slightly more to have huge flexibility and never be stuck with a game you don't want.

Last edited:

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Playoff ticket pricing

Winnipeg Jets

Only reason I posted this is it's very interesting that the Jets are breaking down the ticket prices to the row level and attack zone.

Just wondering if the Jets are going to start doing this kind of pricing for the regular season as well, when future renewals come up.

The wording is "starting with the 2020 playoffs" so one would assume so. They actually don't need to wait for renewals. They can use the yearly increase to change the pricing. Front rows go up by 5%, back row increased by 4% (as an example).

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
My seats are P7, and I moved up a price level under the playoff pricing. For round 1, that's an 11.3% increase in playoff ticket prices over last year ($71.90 to $80).

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
"We've heard the growing concerns of our fans and that is why we have decreased concession prices by an average of 30% on fan favourite items*, and we have only increased prices by 2.1%** - the lowest increase since the team returned to Winnipeg" said Kevin Donnelly

* fan favourtie items include all jolly ranchers, jawbreakers, black licorice and fountain pop grape crush with no ice sold at the section 115 kiosk between 12:00 and 13:40 of each 3rd period
** 2.1% increase does not include additional 5% increase to help us catch up on previously missed price increases, nor does it include the new 3 to 11% price increase on new value-added pricing categories.

:shakehead

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
You guys, it says right there, this is to "provide more value..." :sarcasm:

So now I'm paying $5 more per ticket than the guy who sits 2 rows behind me and has a better view...

I'm all in favor of having variable pricing based on the actual value of the seat, but if you are going to do this.. ACTUALLY SIT IN THE SEAT WHEN YOU DO IT!

There are obstructed seats in the arena, that's a given. So set the price according to the view and not lumped in to a sectional price. It wasn't right when all the P6's for example pay the same, and it is still not right when seats are broken down into the 1st four rows for example. The seats are not the same.

IIRC in Edmonton, seats in the same row can have different prices. The end seat will be a different price than a seat in the middle of the same row.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
The differences are pretty small. From a P3 perspective we went from 112 (end zone attack) to 103 ('corner' defend) and see no pricing change (which only means my seats are still deficient in some way. LOL). There appear to be some paying more in P3 but it's only $5 more at this point.
Ours are up $25/ticket

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Many team have ticketing models such as what the Jets are bringing forward. No issues with the model at all and I even suggested it to bring in extra revenues somewhere in a ticketing thread.

What is interesting is reps have been telling SSH that they need to make up the gap between older and newer ticketing contracts and bring everyone in a section under one price . Often resulting in increases of 7+% for some SSH. Now the Jets themselves are pricing tickets differently in the same section. Seems like TNSE talking one thing out their mouth and blowing something else out their rear.

Has anyone who was not up for renewal gotten their ticket prices yet for next season?

Reactions: Sabadecade

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
So instead of decreasing (or slowing down the increase of) the price of tickets with the worst views they increased the price point of all the tickets.

If this is the way the increases will be going next STH agreement renewal time for my group we'll 1000% be out.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Am I missing something that a perk to STH is having first rights to Playoff tickets? I know right now that is a long shot but....

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Am I missing something that a perk to STH is having first rights to Playoff tickets? I know right now that is a long shot but....
Yes, you're asked every season around this time if you're interested in your seats for the playoffs. You have the option to "Pay as we play" before each round begins or pony up the full sum for all 4 rounds as soon as the Jets clinch a spot.

And the face-value markup on playoff tickets is pretty extreme. 75%+ I think it was last year? More like 85%+ when the TM fees are added:
2019 Playoff Ticket Thread

But as to whether anyone can sell tickets at that price...last year there were lots of tickets for sale and not many were going for anywhere near the face value.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I forgot who was posting about it on twitter, but one of the media guys who follows the team was posting about the Season Ticket holder night in Philly which was the game we just had with them. I don't know all the other stuff that Flyers season ticket holders get, but the amount of stuff that was given out that game was big.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
For those that did not renew, did you get an email from your rep asking why?
Nope.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Benny27 and Spock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad