STH TPA Renewal 2020

STH: Will You Be Renewing Your Season Tickets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
For those that did not renew, did you get an email from your rep asking why?

My rep called, and I followed up by email since I missed the call. She wanted "feedback", which received no response. Also to tell me that my deposit would be returned and my Jets Points taken away in June. I made sure that my feedback was not related to the on-ice product, because my decision had nothing to do with that. They could be dead last or clear front runners, wouldn't have mattered.

I think they're trying to walk a tight line between not trying too hard to retain, because then people will speculate about "struggles to fill the seats", but also appear disappointed/concerned that you are leaving. Some reps do a far better sales job at this than others, mine didn't do a good job of it.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
For those that did not renew, did you get an email from your rep asking why?
Nothing.
I didn't get an email for playoff tickets either. I'm rejecting them anyway, but the fact that I didn't get a renewal email or a playoff tickets email because I choose not to get "Jets News" leads one to believe that TNSE struggles in the customer service department.

I shouldn't be forced to become proactive on major account decisions that require action just because I choose not to receive their newsletter. Customers receiving critical news second hand reflects very poor customer service.

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Nothing.
I didn't get an email for playoff tickets either. I'm rejecting them anyway, but the fact that I didn't get a renewal email or a playoff tickets email because I choose not to get "Jets News" leads one to believe that TNSE struggles in the customer service department.

I shouldn't be forced to become proactive on major account decisions that require action just because I choose not to receive their newsletter. Customers receiving critical news second hand reflects very poor customer service.

I find that ridiculous that you wouldn't receive your renewal email or playoff email because you opted out of their spam email...whoever thought that was the way to go with these emails should be fired. Unreal.

I did get my playoff ticket email...i am hoping my group doesn't want them so i don't have to deal with that. Although if they do make it i figure at most we would only have 2 games at home anyways and knocked out in the 1st round

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Nothing.

My playoff ticket offer was in my Spam folder....not sure why the spam filter decided that one was bad and the others were not but maybe it's in there?

But it is prob just an account setting....Doesn't sound like you are bothered either way :D

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Maybe the Jets are using the same email engine as they use for tickets?

I'll go a week without getting an email when someone claims a ticket I sent them. Then it will start working again, then a week later it will stop working again. Sometimes I don't get the email to myself saying I sent someone tickets..or it's just a randomizer that decides if emails should go out or not. :dunno:. basically if I send someone a ticket I have to email them myself to let them know I sent them a ticket.

TNSE told me they are working on it. It's been like this all season for me.

All I know...it's a mess.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I can imagine the Jets having more fans who buy a team shirt from Walmart than some larger markets. Many Jets fans make almost no impact on the franchise.

Even without the Walmart shirt fans are having an impact. Watching the games on TV creates the value for the TV money.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Look at some items being given away when you think of your scarf or towel in playoffs when a free t shirt is done by every NBA team

Which would you rather have, giveaways like those or that same money put into lowering the ticket price?

I know I wouldn't want any of that stuff. I already have a coffee maker, thanks. I picked out one I liked.

The biggest issue here, IMO, is the pre-season games. They actually have very little value and add ~10% to the cost of the package. They are what tilts the cost calculation in favour of buying seats to individual games.

Reactions: Sabadecade

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Yea, as a STH, I've renewed for another 3 years. As i'm in P7's, the price point is ok for me.

But the pre-season gouging is terrible. I can't even give them away and they cost me full pop.

As for the free swag, it be nice, but it won't sway me one way or another continue being a STH.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Even without the Walmart shirt fans are having an impact. Watching the games on TV creates the value for the TV money.
Not if they watch them the same way I do.

There is a major change in trend in terms of how fans watch games on TV, I can't get into specifics on this forum as per the rules, but I can say that the majority of people I know that are under 40 don't contribute to TV numbers.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
My playoff ticket offer was in my Spam folder....not sure why the spam filter decided that one was bad and the others were not but maybe it's in there?

But it is prob just an account setting....Doesn't sound like you are bothered either way :D
I opted out of "Jets Mail" years ago, and only stopped getting account emails this year. They should know to keep marketing and account information separate, like ever other company I've every had an account with on this planet and the rest.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So now I'm paying $5 more per ticket than the guy who sits 2 rows behind me and has a better view...

I'm all in favor of having variable pricing based on the actual value of the seat, but if you are going to do this.. ACTUALLY SIT IN THE SEAT WHEN YOU DO IT!

There are obstructed seats in the arena, that's a given. So set the price according to the view and not lumped in to a sectional price. It wasn't right when all the P6's for example pay the same, and it is still not right when seats are broken down into the 1st four rows for example. The seats are not the same.

IIRC in Edmonton, seats in the same row can have different prices. The end seat will be a different price than a seat in the middle of the same row.

I have end of row seats. I presume these would cost more than mid row, not the other way around. I have a substantially obstructed view of the net at the far end. The hand rails cover it perfectly. And of course, leaning is frowned upon. I would not want to pay extra for this privilege.

The end seat is nice in some ways but you also have to make room for everyone coming and going.

I agree, someone needs to actually sit in the seats to rate their relative values.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not if they watch them the same way I do.

There is a major change in trend in terms of how fans watch games on TV, I can't get into specifics on this forum as per the rules, but I can say that the majority of people I know that are under 40 don't contribute to TV numbers.

Yeah, I know. But that is a much more complex issue. Content providers are finding ways to extract value from eyeballs, wherever they are. It remains to be seen how it is all going to shake out.

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Which would you rather have, giveaways like those or that same money put into lowering the ticket price?

I know I wouldn't want any of that stuff. I already have a coffee maker, thanks. I picked out one I liked.

The biggest issue here, IMO, is the pre-season games. They actually have very little value and add ~10% to the cost of the package. They are what tilts the cost calculation in favour of buying seats to individual games.

Well i am sure they are not lowering ticket prices anytime soon so they might as well throw in a few more giveaways. Doesn't have to be appliances or anything like that. Toss in a couple more jerseys, throw out some more tshirts or pucks for kids, especially in games that are downright awful....

Reactions: Spock

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Well i am sure they are not lowering ticket prices anytime soon so they might as well throw in a few more giveaways. Doesn't have to be appliances or anything like that. Toss in a couple more jerseys, throw out some more tshirts or pucks for kids, especially in games that are downright awful....

And why can't Jets fans get free pancakes? :nod:

Reactions: Benny27

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
And why can't Jets fans get free pancakes? :nod:
Did you ever actually use your voucher from a Moose game for 3 free pancakes at The Original Pancake House? My wife and I did. After adding all the à La Carte items to go with the pancakes (coffee, juice, bacon, sausages, etc) our bill was fricken HUGE! :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Giveaways are OK, to a point. But good giveaways cost money. iPads? Really? A few souvenirs are fine, just part of a fun atmosphere.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Did you ever actually use your voucher from a Moose game for 3 free pancakes at The Original Pancake House? My wife and I did. After adding all the à La Carte items to go with the pancakes (coffee, juice, bacon, sausages, etc) our bill was fricken HUGE! :laugh:

No, for that very reason. :laugh:

Reactions: jefferoni

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I think if the Jets just made the effort to appear to be fan-friendly it would go a long way. Their brand to me is "tone-deaf, fan-hostile, fun police here to shake you down for every penny" - it's not a good look.

I understand that they have to make a lot of money selling tickets...but they act like there are a thousand people waiting to take my season tickets if I don't want them, so I should shut up. Even if that is the case (and it's almost certainly not anymore) they should never ACT like it is.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Only thing I've won at a game is the free slice of pizza. And we got it because the First Nations kids that sang the anthem were in our section, so yeah, that was fixed. LOL.

The funny part though is next game I went to I tried to use the coupon at the arena. Guess what, you can't use the coupon at the arena. It cannot be used on site, you must use it at an off-site Pizza Pizza location. The girl at the concession was very polite about it because the print is very small. It literally says "Not redeemable at Bell MTS Place". :laugh:

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Only thing I've won at a game is the free slice of pizza. And we got it because the First Nations kids that sang the anthem were in our section, so yeah, that was fixed. LOL.

The funny part though is next game I went to I tried to use the coupon at the arena. Guess what, you can't use the coupon at the arena. It cannot be used on site, you must use it at an off-site Pizza Pizza location. The girl at the concession was very polite about it because the print is very small. It literally says "Not redeemable at Bell MTS Place". :laugh:

I think it was few seasons ago where they gave us $10 on our Season Ticket Cards. When i went to use mine it was expired...that was the same fn season!! Why have an expiry on it, wtf

Reactions: Sabadecade

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I think it was few seasons ago where they gave us $10 on our Season Ticket Cards. When i went to use mine it was expired...that was the same fn season!! Why have an expiry on it, wtf
And it was only $10 per account, not seat.

I recall going to the home opener thinking my wife and I could get a drink each "on the house" after years of being season ticket holders. (Well, $2 - two drinks cost more than $20)

No.

"Only $10 per-account, not per-seat."

My wife just laughed.

Reactions: Benny27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00