STH TPA Renewal 2020

STH: Will You Be Renewing Your Season Tickets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Hard to envision it right now without being there, but I wonder if they could rows of loge seating up there?

Picture it Sicily 1918... lol...

It would be the same style and principle as the existing press box/sky box setup on the East side of the arena over Sections 303-308. They would build the same type of thing over 318-323.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
They should put in another ring of Loge seats in front of the current Loge seats. :naughty:

tenor.gif

And besides, they couldn't without messing up the view from the suites. True North is OK with pissing off some 300 level people, but they aren't going to risk the wrath of the titans. :nod:

Reactions: cbcwpg

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yesterday was my last regular season game in my ST seats that I've been in since the return.

I feel as though it was time for me personally- there were a lot of little things that told me I'm making the right decision just on a going to the game basis. The Jets Dog wasn't the same as it has been - onions were watery, bacon was too chewy for me, the perogy pieces were just potato (though that may always be the case, it's been awhile). The atmosphere in the concourse wasn't the same. The intermissions were just wandering around the concourse.

It just doesn't feel the same as it did in the first few seasons, where time moved so slowly on the day of a game, or the buzz walking into the arena, or the concession quality. I realized that, no matter what they do, for me, it's just the atmosphere and the feeling going to a game isn't the same and I don't think I'm alone in that. It's going to be very hard for TNSE to recapture that.

That said, I'll be there if they make the playoffs. That's always a different animal.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's not just capacity, comfort is is the biggest trend in the new facilities. Modern venues are all 20 inch+ seats plus greater spacing. Im not sure what BMTS is, but it is not on par with modern facilities. The overall footprint is just too small, it's hardly even debatable. I agree it is not happening with 15 years, but it will need to happen, so why not start planning now.
I'm not sure why TNSE would look at building a new arena and the corresponding $350 - $450 M cost when it is far from a done deal Winnipeg is able to support a NHL team over the long term? Unless the province and city took on over 90% of the cost there is no way they would ever have a hope to earn back the cost outlay over multiple lifetimes.

Reactions: blues10

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I read an article in last month or so predicting the Jets would eventually tear down the Goldeyes baseball stadium and build a new arena there. And, the Goldeyes would move somewhere in Point Douglas.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I'm not sure why TNSE would look at building a new arena and the corresponding $350 - $450 M cost when it is far from a done deal Winnipeg is able to support a NHL team over the long term? Unless the province and city took on over 90% of the cost there is no way they would ever have a hope to earn back the cost outlay over multiple lifetimes.
Didn't we just build a 350M$ museum or something? :popcorn:

Reactions: JetsNut

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I read an article in last month or so predicting the Jets would eventually tear down the Goldeyes baseball stadium and build a new arena there. And, the Goldeyes would move somewhere in Point Douglas.

The Goldeyes could relocate to fricking Brandon for all I care, but that location has certainly caught my eye before as a potential arena site. That is some prime downtown land that is currently being wasted IMO.

90%? I would love to see your in-depth analysis that came up with that figure. The Flames are picking up 50% of the cost of their new arena, which is expected to cost at least $550 million.

Reactions: JetsNut

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Goldeyes could relocate to fricking Brandon for all I care, but that location has certainly caught my eye before as a potential arena site. That is some prime downtown land that is currently being wasted IMO.

90%? I would love to see your in-depth analysis that came up with that figure. The Flames are picking up 50% of the cost of their new arena, which is expected to cost at least $550 million.
We have a whole thread on how ST holders can no longer afford to support the team. You really think TNSE is going to lay down a few hundred million on a new arena? The chances of them relocating to greener pastures is far greater than doubling down on a new arena.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
We have a whole thread on how ST holders can no longer afford to support the team. You really think TNSE is going to lay down a few hundred million on a new arena? The chances of them relocating to greener pastures is far greater than doubling down on a new arena.

This board is a statistically invalid sample size. We also lean toward being hyper critical. My gut feeling is True North isn't pushing the panic button just yet. Realistically, it's probably 20 years before a new arena gets in the works. Plenty of time for Chipman to answer the eternal question...

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

My read on the thread is rather different than yours. Certainly there are a number of comments in line with what you said. More so I see people questioning the value of the STH benefits and treatment from TNSE. Unresponsive ticket reps, True North undercutting STH prices on the secondary market, ability to get tickets for less than STH pricing from other than TNSE, dishonest practices in relaying ticket price increases, etc. While there are some suggesting they can no longer afford to support the team (some with good reason too - retirement, new child) most seem tired of paying more than the person next to them who in true Winnipeg fashion are able to scoop out a bargain on fansfirst.ca or elsewhere and being treated like they are in a bad relationship.

As others have said, I agree that TNSE is hopeful there are enough corporate type owners that they can fill the arena where the average "group of people" type ticket holders are winnowing away. I hope there are too.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I've never bought into the argument of Winnipeg being too small of a market. In terms of fanbase it is one of the largest. The corporate side has been more of a challenge however.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I've never bought into the argument of Winnipeg being too small of a market. In terms of fanbase it is one of the largest. The corporate side has been more of a challenge however.
I can imagine the Jets having more fans who buy a team shirt from Walmart than some larger markets. Many Jets fans make almost no impact on the franchise.

Reactions: Moe Mantha

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I can imagine the Jets having more fans who buy a team shirt from Walmart than some larger markets. Many Jets fans make almost no impact on the franchise.
Logically speaking every franchise can say that about most of their fans .....:popcorn:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

It's a fine ball-park. It might also be too small a land area and not enough parking. Jets need to find a site where they can collect all the parking revenue.
The Jets should build a new arena for $450-600 million and finance it in 3 parts. Government money, TNSE money, and ticket buyers money.
The new arena should be bigger but with less seats, not more seats.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
I just bought 2 tickets to 2 games lately on fansfirst.ca Sharks on a friday sec 109 for $110 each, Caps on a thursday same section $125.

Do you see a problem here? Attack zone corner seats above the glass. $117 season ticket cost. Remember they are paying $117 for 4 preseason games too at that price. The secondary market is just flat.

$35 for Rangers tonight 303 row 12 and $90 sec 107 for the last minute people. These tickets have been on here for a few hours, and they are still not selling.

If I was TN, I would be sounding the alarm.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I just bought 2 tickets to 2 games lately on fansfirst.ca Sharks on a friday sec 109 for $110 each, Caps on a thursday same section $125.

Do you see a problem here? Attack zone corner seats above the glass. $117 season ticket cost. Remember they are paying $117 for 4 preseason games too at that price. The secondary market is just flat.

$35 for Rangers tonight 303 row 12 and $90 sec 107 for the last minute people. These tickets have been on here for a few hours, and they are still not selling.

Hey when are we going Roaster?

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

Enjoy my seats in 109, STH cost is actually around $126.50

$117 is the lowest seat exchange will allow for P3

Reactions: Channelcat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad