STH TPA Renewal 2020

STH: Will You Be Renewing Your Season Tickets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
When looking at the way that TNSE is operating, something is starting to standout after 9 seasons.

Instead of treating Winnipeg as a small market franchise where every STH is valuable. TNSE has treated the market like a small version of a big Canadian market.

Reactions: Gm0ney

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
When looking at the way that TNSE is operating, something is starting to standout after 9 seasons.

Instead of treating Winnipeg as a small market franchise where every STH is valuable. TNSE has treated the market like a small version of a big Canadian market.

It's Winnipeg. STH's grow on trees here. In this photo, a Jets ticket rep has come out to the orchard to pick some fresh ones. Don't they look happy? Won't be hearing any complaints about beer prices from these fans. :thumbu:

wiser-2015-small-1024x768.jpg

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
It's Winnipeg. STH's grow on trees here. In this photo, a Jets ticket rep has come out to the orchard to pick some fresh ones. Don't they look happy? Won't be hearing any complaints about beer prices from these fans. :thumbu:

wiser-2015-small-1024x768.jpg
I like the tree analogy which may be even more problematic long term.

Instead of losing a single STH many STH are a single tree with many branches. TNSE hasn’t just managed to alienate a single season ticket holder but many STH at once who were all branches of the same single STH tree.

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Cvette

Sep 18, 2019
I will say this...
There is a huge missed opportunity here for TNSE... They could have keept the "STH who have been here since day 1" on the same price they've had instead of "catching them up". It would have been a nice a additional STH bonus to remain on a "grandfathered" price (slightly cheaper than newcomers) so long as the main account holder remained in place.
^
This right here...this makes sense and would go a long way. This has been my thought for the last week. This whole "lucky" to have been at 3% after being a STH since day 1 is what has me wondering what sort of public relations meetings the ticket reps are skipping out on.

Pickle Rick

Nov 11, 2016
I haven’t gotten any emails regarding my P4 pricing/payment plans yet, I assume since I’m not up for renewal this season. But if what I’m reading here is true and the actual increases are way higher than the 2.1% that they trumpeted, then this needs to be in social media to the point our “actual” local media cannot ignore it. There would be some small semblance of goodwill gained with True North in my books if they legit gave a 2.1% increase instead of the max 5% they are allowed, but don’t piss in my face and tell me it’s raining!!!!

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I haven’t gotten any emails regarding my P4 pricing/payment plans yet, I assume since I’m not up for renewal this season. But if what I’m reading here is true and the actual increases are way higher than the 2.1% that they trumpeted, then this needs to be in social media to the point our “actual” local media cannot ignore it. There would be some small semblance of goodwill gained with True North in my books if they legit gave a 2.1% increase instead of the max 5% they are allowed, but don’t piss in my face and tell me it’s raining!!!!
No its for those coming off contract to bring them up to the same level others are paying in their same ticket range, even though they have made longer commitments to the team in the past....So people want a better deal for those who have made the longest commitments in the past. I agree it would be the right move by TNSE but they have made their decision.......

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I like the tree analogy which may be even more problematic long term.

Instead of losing a single STH many STH are a single tree with many branches. TNSE hasn’t just managed to alienate a single season ticket holder but many STH at once who were all branches of the same single STH tree.
clearcut2.jpg

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
I won't be renewing my tickets. Their decision to true up the prices to the current pricing means they aren't rewarding loyalty. I don't see any point in giving them loyalty when it isn't reciprocated; I can already buy tickets in the secondary market for most games at the same price as the current STH pricing, and not have to eat the costs of pre-seasons and games I can't make.

I shared my feedback with them. I respect it's a business and operating an NHL team is very expensive, but this renewal experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

Reactions: blues10

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I won't be renewing my tickets. Their decision to true up the prices to the current pricing means they aren't rewarding loyalty. I don't see any point in giving them loyalty when it isn't reciprocated; I can already buy tickets in the secondary market for most games at the same price as the current STH pricing, and not have to eat the costs of pre-seasons and games I can't make.

I shared my feedback with them. I respect it's a business and operating an NHL team is very expensive, but this renewal experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

There is no incentive for them to change their business model as long as they have sheep to shear. They still have a line of individuals and companies willing to take on season ticket commitments. People still buy mini-packs and single game tickets. The arena is at or near capacity. The concept of having to build and maintain a fan base like many teams do is foreign to them. The product sells itself. Here are your seats. Take 'em or leave 'em. The slogan for this organization should be: You can be easily replaced.

Tagleeandeddy

Jul 16, 2015
Winnipeg
I’ve been emailing with my rep and in his latest reply he mentioned that they are talking about additional STH benefits for next year. None have been finalized yet, but supposedly they will be adding some. Now what they are, if they will happen, who knows. Just thought I’d share the latest bit of info.

Reactions: Sabadecade

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
I haven't renewed yet but does anyone know what the max ticket increase will be in P6 for the next 3 years per year? Only option it gives me right now is just submitting yes to renewal without seeing a TPA.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
There is no incentive for them to change their business model as long as they have sheep to shear. They still have a line of individuals and companies willing to take on season ticket commitments. People still buy mini-packs and single game tickets. The arena is at or near capacity. The concept of having to build and maintain a fan base like many teams do is foreign to them. The product sells itself. Here are your seats. Take 'em or leave 'em. The slogan for this organization should be: You can be easily replaced.

I think this is where you are wrong.

In 2011, yes, but not anymore. It’s not something that happens overnight; it’s a gradual process. But I don’t think there are that many people waiting in line in comparison to the STH who are considering not renewing. TNSE cannot take the fan base for granted — that’ll have to change. The incentive to change the business model is that you don’t want it to become a downward spiral where you get to a point of no-return or where you have serious work to re-build up the ticket fan base. If there is a small problem that could realistically become a much bigger problem in a few years, you make changes NOW to prevent that from happening.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
I have two sets of seats to share among my ticket group. Getting very difficult to sell unused games at anywhere close to cost, so there's a decent chance we're going to drop one set of seats.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I think this is where you are wrong.

In 2011, yes, but not anymore. It’s not something that happens overnight; it’s a gradual process. But I don’t think there are that many people waiting in line in comparison to the STH who are considering not renewing. TNSE cannot take the fan base for granted — that’ll have to change. The incentive to change the business model is that you don’t want it to become a downward spiral where you get to a point of no-return or where you have serious work to re-build up the ticket fan base. If there is a small problem that could realistically become a much bigger problem in a few years, you make changes NOW to prevent that from happening.

Those last few bits of my post were my impression of how True North thinks, not how I think. Yes, they had better deal with this before it gets too far.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Cvette

Sep 18, 2019
I haven't renewed yet but does anyone know what the max ticket increase will be in P6 for the next 3 years per year? Only option it gives me right now is just submitting yes to renewal without seeing a TPA.
5% flat rate max increase across all sections

Reactions: thejaf7

oldcoot

Jan 25, 2012
I hope TNSE has learned their lesson in trying to make this team sustainable for generations to come. They should have known better.

"Houston, we have a problem...."

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I hope TNSE has learned their lesson in trying to make this team sustainable for generations to come. They should have known better.

"Houston, we have a problem...."
We're still operating at 100% attendance, yet we are 25th in attendance. They need to stop wasting all this money on BMTS and start looking toward the future (a new building).

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I have two sets of seats to share among my ticket group. Getting very difficult to sell unused games at anywhere close to cost, so there's a decent chance we're going to drop one set of seats.

Just wait till (or if) we have a few bad seasons in a row, you won't be able to give those tickets away.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
We're still operating at 100% attendance, yet we are 25th in attendance. They need to stop wasting all this money on BMTS and start looking toward the future (a new building).

They don't really have a choice, they are required to spend their VLT revenue on the arena. However, I agree we need a new arena sooner than later. I've been saying for years :deadhorse that the current arena was never NHL quality. It needs to be bigger with more premium seating options (suites, loges) for the well-healed, more inexpensive seating options (nosebleeds) for lower income fans (as an aside, get rid of the Moose) and more communal viewing/socializing areas for the ADD crowd that need something other than a hockey game going on to keep them interested at a hockey game. :sarcasm: And who knows, with an arena where supply exceeds demand, maybe True North starts making an effort to attract fans instead of driving them away.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Increasing supply isn't going to increase demand. Demand is the Jets' linchpin to sustainability.

Making games more affordable will increase demand. Making the Jets the only pro ticket in town will increase demand. And as I mentioned above, working harder to provide a good experience for people and rewarding loyalty will increase demand.

All this undersizing has done is allow the team to alienate fans with impunity. For now. The tipping point I think is not that far away.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
If you think this city is getting a new NHL arena anytime in the next 15 years you are nuts...... And I'm being nice when I call you nuts :naughty:

Reactions: Sabadecade

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
If you think this city is getting a new NHL arena anytime in the next 15 years you are nuts...... And I'm being nice when I call you nuts :naughty:
Yeah I wouldn't be holding my breath unless TNSE decides to buy and raze Portage Place. They have too much invested in True North square to want a big change in the short term.

I hear there's space out on McGillivray. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad