Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Here's a trip back in time

This is Stammer's first preseason game against the Penguins. The Pens coming off their 08 Finals appearance dress most of their regular lineup with stars like Malkin, Staal, Gonchar, Fleury, and Crosby, while the Lightning sit most of theirs. Stammer gets a welcome to the league moment when his drop pass is picked up by Crosby and deposited in the back of his net. The game goes to a shootout where Stammer wins the game

And here is Stammer's first preseason goal against the Rangers. This game is in Tampa before both teams travel over to Europe to play each other again in Prague.

I remember that first preseason goal. I was lucky to have had the privilege of seeing it in person. Feels like yesterday. Somewhere in the pixilation near the front row is a young Sunny

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Stamkos is on an absolute tear right now: 6 goals and 12 points in his last 5 games. He just jumped Point in points (93 over 90) and goals (41 over 40) last night and is finally back in the positive at +2.

And all that playing with Offdrej and Bozo on even strength. :sarcasm:
This might be one of the most impressive accomplishments of the entire season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos is on an absolute tear right now: 6 goals and 12 points in his last 5 games. He just jumped Point in points (93 over 90) and goals (41 over 40) last night and is finally back in the positive at +2.

And all that playing with Offdrej and Bozo on even strength. :sarcasm:

Miller has 7 points in the last 7 games

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
That's worked well never.
Not sure we ever really saw it. We waited a while to staple Miller to stammers line. Seemed like it was always Palat and Guorde. If not, I’m guessing Joseph? Palat May be down a bit.

Cirelli would be awesome but we need him centering the 3rd line.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cirelli looked nice on that line.

I've always thought about that. There are pros and cons though. Cirelli is suuuuuch a weapon as a 3C. Having that 3rd wave of scoring, IMO, is going to pay off in the playoffs. Our C depth, 1-4, might be the very best in the league, and Cirelli's a massive part of that. I'm not sure if that's more important than finding a stable long-term partner for Stamkos, but it might be.

I'd like to give Joseph another shot, now that he's playing with (what appears to be) a ton of confidence.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
I'd like to give Joseph another shot, now that he's playing with (what appears to be) a ton of confidence.

I'd like to see that -- opponents having to deal with a jackrabbit-quick, super pesky guy while worrying about the best slap shot in the league. Feels like a good recipe to push the other team out of defensive shape and into taking penalties.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Our center depth is amazing.

41 goals, 40 goals, 18 goals and iirc Paquette with 12-13. Crazy. Cirelli still has a chance to hit 20 as well. Unreal.

I think it ended up better than Toronto's, which is kind of hilarious given the contracts they've handed out in the last 9 months or so. The emergence of Point and Cirelli, combined with Stamkos 3.0 has taken us to a different level.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Tied his career high tonight. What a turnaround from the first of this season, when he, at times, looked like a liability. Insane. He's been incredible.
If it wasn't for Kucherov's insane season, Stamkos would be my pick as our best player this year. Puts up better numbers than Point who plays with our best player Kucherov and 4th best player Johnson. Stamkos carrying his own line with Miller, Palat, Gourde, ...anybody. Impressive season, especially with the slow start he's had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad