Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Records are meant to be broken.

Dudes got his number in the rafters - hes immortalized. That's really the only thing that matters at the end of the day.

If we can win the Cup I think he's a lock for the HHOF along with other current guys like Kane, Doughty, Keith, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin et al. I hate to say it matters so much but not everyone is forgiving of a guy's prime being derailed by injuries and the lockout and the Cup is something all those guys have that Stamkos doesn't.

I'd like to think he'd be nipping away at 500 goals if he had stayed healthy and no lockout and would have had that number about a year from now

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
If we can win the Cup I think he's a lock for the HHOF along with other current guys like Kane, Doughty, Keith, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin et al. I hate to say it matters so much but not everyone is forgiving of a guy's prime being derailed by injuries and the lockout and the Cup is something all those guys have that Stamkos doesn't.

I'd like to think he'd be nipping away at 500 goals if he had stayed healthy and no lockout and would have had that number about a year from now
If they win the cup this year its gonna instantly change the legacies of a lot of Bolts.

You're gonna have Stamkos and Hedman as HoF possibilities. Kuch and Vasi as possible future HoF considerations.

Stamkos, Hedman will be locks for their numbers retired by the Bolts. Kuch and Vasi not far behind that.

Winning the cup changes/solidifies the legacies for a lot of players on this team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos is making the HHOF with or without a cup.... rightly or wrongly he has too good a reputation around the league and that goes a long way. Even if his numbers from here on out stay mediocre and he played at 20 goal/50 point pace for the rest of his career he'd still break 600 goals and 1200 points.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Stamkos is making the HHOF with or without a cup.... rightly or wrongly he has too good a reputation around the league and that goes a long way. Even if his numbers from here on out stay mediocre and he played at 20 goal/50 point pace for the rest of his career he'd still break 600 goals and 1200 points.
What do you mean by that?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If they win the cup this year its gonna instantly change the legacies of a lot of Bolts.

You're gonna have Stamkos and Hedman as HoF possibilities. Kuch and Vasi as possible future HoF considerations.

Stamkos, Hedman will be locks for their numbers retired by the Bolts. Kuch and Vasi not far behind that.

Winning the cup changes/solidifies the legacies for a lot of players on this team.
Stamkos is already a HHof lock. Hedman is well on his way. Kucherov and Point have good starts (as does Vasi).

The Hall isn't that hard to get into.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos is already a HHof lock. Hedman is well on his way. Kucherov and Point have good starts (as does Vasi).

The Hall isn't that hard to get into.

I think Hedman's very close to locking it up too. He's been a top-5, at worst, defender for something like 3-4 years now? Definitely since 2015. I think he's either one major piece of hardware or a couple of solid seasons away from having it on lockdown. Close enough that he could breeze through the rest of his career and get it.

I don't think the Hall is easy to make. I think the line is somewhere around Lecavalier. I do think he'll get in, but I'm not so sure he's a first ballot guy. It's kind of insane to think we have so many guys with the potential to have that kind of career. At least five guys, although it's still very early for Point and Vasy.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Here's a trip back in time

This is Stammer's first preseason game against the Penguins. The Pens coming off their 08 Finals appearance dress most of their regular lineup with stars like Malkin, Staal, Gonchar, Fleury, and Crosby, while the Lightning sit most of theirs. Stammer gets a welcome to the league moment when his drop pass is picked up by Crosby and deposited in the back of his net. The game goes to a shootout where Stammer wins the game

And here is Stammer's first preseason goal against the Rangers. This game is in Tampa before both teams travel over to Europe to play each other again in Prague.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Here's a trip back in time

This is Stammer's first preseason game against the Penguins. The Pens coming off their 08 Finals appearance dress most of their regular lineup with stars like Malkin, Staal, Gonchar, Fleury, and Crosby, while the Lightning sit most of theirs. Stammer gets a welcome to the league moment when his drop pass is picked up by Crosby and deposited in the back of his net. The game goes to a shootout where Stammer wins the game

And here is Stammer's first preseason goal against the Rangers. This game is in Tampa before both teams travel over to Europe to play each other again in Prague.

I remember watching that Stamkos goal as a young lad. Over ten years later and my only achievements are the many infractions I've received on Hfboards. Here's to another ten years of Stamkos shoot out winners *clanks tankard of ale*

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
If he skated next to one dude that played consistent all year he would be over 40g and 100p by now.

Last edited:

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Not taking a shot here, but it must be eating at Stammer a little bit that he's the only minus on the team. I'm guessing he gets a good-natured rash of sh*t for it in the locker room. Feels like he's been stuck at minus 1 or 2 for months now and just can't get over the hump.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not taking a shot here, but it must be eating at Stammer a little bit that he's the only minus on the team. I'm guessing he gets a good-natured rash of sh*t for it in the locker room. Feels like he's been stuck at minus 1 or 2 for months now and just can't get over the hump.

I don't think he cares and I don't think anyone brings up +/-

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I don't think he cares and I don't think anyone brings up +/-
Easy there dude, it wasn't a shot, just an observation. Having said that, he cares, especially if he's the only one. Now, does he really care, no, but in a good natured kind of "WTF do I have to do" kind of way, absolutely. And I'm sure the guys give him a hard time about it. Coop might even join in.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think an offseason goal is going to be to figure out Stammers linemates. Kind of reminds me of the MRS line with TJ-Point-Kucherov and Stamkos on an island by himself just like Vinny.

It's not like we have to go acquire a Stillman and Fedotenko, we have the talent, we just need to find what gels right for him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Easy there dude, it wasn't a shot, just an observation. Having said that, he cares, especially if he's the only one. Now, does he really care, no, but in a good natured kind of "WTF do I have to do" kind of way, absolutely. And I'm sure the guys give him a hard time about it. Coop might even join in.

That wasn't even a dig, it's just something so pointless I don't think anyone even bothers bringing it up. I'm sure they have better jokes than +/-..

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think an offseason goal is going to be to figure out Stammers linemates. Kind of reminds me of the MRS line with TJ-Point-Kucherov and Stamkos on an island by himself just like Vinny.

It's not like we have to go acquire a Stillman and Fedotenko, we have the talent, we just need to find what gels right for him.

I don't know. Our lines never stay the same season to season. I doubt TJ-Point-Kuch will last into next year. We might well try Kuch and Stamkos together again. When it's good, it's good. It's just, when it's bad, 2/3 best forwards go into a slump.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't know. Our lines never stay the same season to season. I doubt TJ-Point-Kuch will last into next year. We might well try Kuch and Stamkos together again. When it's good, it's good. It's just, when it's bad, 2/3 best forwards go into a slump.

If Kuch/Point click better then Stamkos will just have to deal with it for the better interest of the team, which I'm sure he doesn't care. Not like he's been starving for talented linemates his entire career.

Miller is the best of the remaining forwards we have to put with Stamkos, I'd build on that and give them more time together next year if Miller's still here.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Getting production from Stamkos at even strength just seems like low hanging fruit to improve a historically good team with few areas that can see improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille