Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Not that we didn't know it already, but the thing that really came through to me from that interview was, how much fun are those f**king guys having? And don't get me wrong, that's the way it should be, they're the best at what they do. But what any one of us wouldn't give to be an NHLer for just a week. Amazing.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Not that we didn't know it already, but the thing that really came through to me from that interview was, how much fun are those f**king guys having? And don't get me wrong, that's the way it should be, they're the best at what they do. But what any one of us wouldn't give to be an NHLer for just a week. Amazing.

Thank you Capt Obvious

Reactions: LightningStrikes

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I've seen a lot of Leafs games this year. I don't think Tavares is all that close to this version of Stamkos.
The most obvious difference between the two is Stammer's far superior skating ability, and that's even with all the injuries. In terms of sniping ability, about equal, though Tavares is a snapper and Stammer is a slapper. Obviously they can both do the other too, but generally speaking Tavares is getting his goals from in closer. Tavares has the edge along the wall.

Stammer the clear choice overall. Chances are though that Stammer will decline earlier than Tavares. Tavares has never been seriously injured and Stammer is in the medical text books.

Last edited:

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I can’t find a correct +\- rating for him. Every site has him at 0 but I know this is incorrect the guy had a - 2 or -3 a few games ago in which that time we’ve givin up 1 goal while he had multiple points maybe 5 or 6. I’ll give you an example on yahoo they have him listed having a +\- of +1 in the Stars game which we won 6-0 while he had 3 points. So like wtf am I missing this chit is driving me nuts.

DMXATF23

Mar 9, 2004
St. Petersburg, FL
I can’t find a correct +\- rating for him. Every site has him at 0 but I know this is incorrect the guy had a - 2 or -3 a few games ago in which that time we’ve givin up 1 goal while he had multiple points maybe 5 or 6. I’ll give you an example on yahoo they have him listed having a +\- of +1 in the Stars game which we won 6-0 while he had 3 points. So like wtf am I missing this chit is driving me nuts.

You know +\- only changes even strength, right?

Reactions: berlin

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Poor Vinny. The legend VL4 that turned the franchise around is losing all his franchise records. Maybe we can win a cup this year to ease the transition and people will be more excited about the cup then the new franchise records.

Reactions: DFC

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Poor Vinny. The legend VL4 that turned the franchise around is losing all his franchise records. Maybe we can win a cup this year to ease the transition and people will be more excited about the cup then the new franchise records.
Records are meant to be broken.

Dudes got his number in the rafters - hes immortalized. That's really the only thing that matters at the end of the day.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Records are meant to be broken.

Dudes got his number in the rafters - hes immortalized. That's really the only thing that matters at the end of the day.

True.

Both Kucherov and Stamkos have a shot to put up some really staggering numbers, Stamkos with his career goal numbers, and Kucherov with everything related to assists and points. Kucherov's point total this year, 125-130ish, will be a number that looks great for even non-expansion teams. He has a good chance to hit totals that have never been hit on even some O6 teams.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->