Steve Dangle on Bob Cole

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Why is Steve Dangle a thing? Sportsnet is a joke.

Why would anyone care what some idiot from his bedroom thinks?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Bob Cole is a legend. However his shining star is fading with his inability to follow the play and say some of the most ridiculous things. He reminds me a lot of Madden at the end. Madden stayed far too long and so has Cole.

He would have been remembered better had he retired 10 years ago.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Bob Cole is a legend. However his shining star is fading with his inability to follow the play and say some of the most ridiculous things. He reminds me a lot of Madden at the end. Madden stayed far too long and so has Cole.

He would have been remembered better had he retired 10 years ago.

The voice makes up for it. Half the time every commentator is talking out their ass anyway, why not have someone that can create excitement with his voice alone instead of some contrived sense of rivalry that isn't there being forced down your throat by run of the mill guys.

Also, for this reason I like Doc Emerick as well.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
The voice makes up for it. Half the time every commentator is talking out their ass anyway, why not have someone that can create excitement with his voice alone instead of some contrived sense of rivalry that isn't there being forced down your throat by run of the mill guys.

Boring... No thank you. To each their own.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I'll switch to the English network if Bob Cole is calling the game. And I love Pierre Houde. But Cole's voice was made for hockey.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
People that focus on Cole's mistakes are missing the big picture of what Bob Cole offers.

Play by play broadcasting is very hard and its remarkable that he still does it so well. I mean try it for like 30 seconds in your own home with the sound off, im sure you'll be mostly saying "Subban gets the puck, Subban passes to Markov, Markov skates with it, now he shoots, and boom goes the dynamite." What a broadcaster does is add detail to each of these actions and Cole still does that very well, even if he occasionally gets the players wrong. He adds a lot of nuance still to descriptions. Plus the "oh babys!"and "it takes a funny hop!"

Have you ever talked with an 80 year old? Things slow down a lot. This isn't Vin Scully calling a lazy afternoon ball game.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

I agree with you Habsawce. No announcer is perfect - and it's so easy to be a bitter hater on the internet - but I like both these guys. They add excitement to the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad