Waived: Stephane Da Costa (update: he cleared waivers)

grilledcheese

Sep 15, 2012
ottawa
Da Costa --> O'Brien

Pageau --> Zibanejad

Kassian --> Grant

= win

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Smith - Zibanejad - Conacher
Condra - Grant - Neil
O'Brien

You could take it one step further Smith --> Petersson and that's potentially a huge win

MAK's world------------->Realistic

You make me laugh with all your comments MAK:laugh:
Keep them comming

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Any reporter from B-Sens noticed (if they even have one at their practices?) anyone missing at their morning skate?

Bingo's twitter feed posted these morning skate lines about 3 hours ago:
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Petersson
Puempel-O'Brien-Kramer
Prince-Grant-Dizzy/Robinson
Cowick-Hamilton/Culek-Schneider

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
IMO he wasn't given much of a chance

Apart from that time he played with Ryan and Michalek. Short leash for these kinds of experiments. If there weren't high expectations for the team, and we could experiment a little more then I expect he would have gotten a longer look.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Adding Colin Greening to a uninspiring Michalek on Spezza's line isn't going to help IMO.

Plus Conacher has looked pretty good on whatever line he's been on. Right now he's playing like the best top 6 options the Sens have after the obvious guys.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I remember when Zibanejad was brought up (the second time, not the initial 9 games), he was a sparkplug immediately with O'Brien and Condra on his line.

When you're put into these positions, you have to make some kind of immediate contribution.

It's not enough to "not play badly".

It may not be fair, but that's the way it goes.

The same thing happened with Filatov.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well, NO ONE can complain that he didn't get an opportunity to play in the bigs. The Stephane Da Costa experiment is over. Doubt we'll ever see him up in Ottawa again.

He got one game with offensive players.... I think they just don't want so many small guys up here. Especially after that road trip against such large physical teams. Realistically Conacher was the only little guy that didn't look out of place game in game out.

Plus Conacher has looked pretty good on whatever line he's been on. Right now he's playing like the best top 6 options the Sens have after the obvious guys.

I don't think Conacher is the guy that gets moved off that line... Michalek with Pageau makes a lot of sense to me.

Greening Spezza Conacher
MacArthur Turris Ryan
Michalek Pageau Condra
Smith/Zibanejad Neil

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
He got his chance, one that he earned from training camp. It's not surprising that he didn't do anything with it. Now let's bring back Zibanejad.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Da Costa --> O'Brien

Pageau --> Zibanejad

Kassian --> Grant

= win

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Smith - Zibanejad - Conacher
Condra - Grant - Neil
O'Brien

You could take it one step further Smith --> Petersson and that's potentially a huge win

the hoff.

greening - spezza - michalek
macarthur - turris - ryan
hoffman - zibby - conacher
condra - o'brien/smith/pageau - neil

if hoffman fails, then we go to petersson. then prince. i like me some speed, and all three of those players add speed to an already very speedy line. not to mentioned skilled.

i like the good, balanced attack on that roster.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Well, that experiment worked out well.

Ladies and gentlemen: your 2013/14 "Brandon Bochenski Award" Winner, Stephane Da Costa!

Look, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. He wanted playing time and he got it but did nothing with it. Best of luck to him.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Yup. I'm happy with this.

They gave the kid a shot, and while he has skill, he just can't produce at an NHL level. This is pretty much what I expected from him coming up. And I'm glad they are putting him on waivers. It would be best if he cleared waivers though, and could spend some time in Bingo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad