Steals of the Draft

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I follow mostly OHL but wrote about a few players who went late in the draft that have that steal potential.

Thanks for checking out.

Maybe can get some American followers to fill me in on some American Prospects who they where surprised fell in the draft.

Potential Steals From the 2018 NHL Draft (OHL Drafted Players)
you wrote ( not so with ghe others) next to mcshane! What are your thoughts on Hillis wich i personally think was a steal even tho wise was on the board. Also fonstad?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I don't think he belongs with a lot of the guys listed as steals here but I think Semyon Der-Arguchintsev (76th) has ridiculous potential and has a shot to be an exciting prospect. Hopefully he has a growth spurt.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Adam Boqvist
Jake Wise
Mattias Samuelsson
Bode Wilde
Noah Dobson
Ty Smith
Tyler Weiss
Jesse Ylonen
Jakub Lauko
Filip Hallander

Listing a lot of guys rivals of my team picked. :facepalm:

The one real "steal" from my team was Riley Hughes in the 7th round. I think that pick could look really good in a few years.
For us I really like that Pulaniemi and Ragnarsson pick. I think these guys have potential to be steals

Other potential steals
Tychonick-48th to Sens
Marchenko-weren’t CBJ going to pick him at 18th? 49th to them
Pekar-94th to Sabres
Wise-69 to Hawks
Nordgren-74th to Hawks
Ranta-78th to Avs
McLaughlin-79th to Ducks
Dudas-113th to Kings
Perbix-116th to Ducks
Roman-122nd to Flames
Fonstad-128th to Habs
Stastney-131st to Preds
Zhuravlyov-146th to Avs
Florchuk-217th to Caps

I really like what the Kings and Hawks did this draft(other than the obvious Wings and Isles.) unlike Rangers fans, I loved this draft for us

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Riley Hughes at 216th could be a real good one, and a *real* steal (not 'this guy went 14 when he could have gone 8th)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
My best value picks from this draft thus far.

6. Zadina
7. Hughes
8. Boqvist
10. Bouchard
12. Dobson
20. Kuperi
25. Bokk
30. Veleno
32. Berggren
40. Mcleod
41. Wilde
57. Axel Andersson
69. Wise

Reactions: Grub and 21 Savage

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
For me based upon round...

1st: Flyers with Joel Farabee
2nd: Blues with Scott Perunovich
3rd: Maple Leafs with Riley Stotts
4th: Avalanche with Tyler Weiss
5th: Predators with Vladislav Yeryomenko
6th: Blue Jackets with Tim Berni
7th: Jets with Auston Wong

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Kravtsov at 9 is a steal to me. I think he's gonna end up being one of the top 5 players from this draft.
Yeah, didn’t know much about him but his KHL playoff stats are insane for a 17 year old.

David Gustafsson WPG, 64th or something. Could be a 2C. Had a very defensive role in the SHL this year but proved that he can be effective on a top line as well. Could be Samuel Påhlsson or Mikael Backlund 2.0

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Adam Mascherin could turn out to be a big steal if he actually signs with us

I've been a fan of Adams. I usually get to watch him live once a week during the season. Living with in the Western Conference in the OHL is awesome. lol

He's got an NHL ready shot, he added elements to his game too. Players much harder in the corners and added a physical element to his game.

In theory he could be a steal. But if we are being honest, as a re-entry he likely went where he should have.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
you wrote ( not so with ghe others) next to mcshane! What are your thoughts on Hillis wich i personally think was a steal even tho wise was on the board. Also fonstad?

He stepped into the OHL this season and looked like a 3 year Vet.

He's a very legit prospect whose going to make some noise on Guelph this year.

When I said Not so with otheres, I was just offering a subtle joke about how outraged everyone is over Kotkanemi. lol

I think Montreal had a good draft. Hillis could very well be the best of the bunch. He's still developing.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He stepped into the OHL this season and looked like a 3 year Vet.

He's a very legit prospect whose going to make some noise on Guelph this year.

When I said Not so with otheres, I was just offering a subtle joke about how outraged everyone is over Kotkanemi. lol

I think Montreal had a good draft. Hillis could very well be the best of the bunch. He's still developing.
Kotkaniemi will be a beast i don’t know why people are complaining. And the best of the bunch you mean from the whole montreal draft? Haha

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Not sure it will be a steal, but I'm very happy with the Leafs taking Kral in the 5th round.
I was too.
Caught a couple Chiefs games this past season and he looked pretty good and adjusted to the N/A ice and game well.
Definitely be attending a couple next season to gauge his progression.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
6. Zadina
8. Boqvist
11. Wahlstrom
12. Dobson
30. Veleno
51. Akil Thomas
69. Jake Wise
77. Jakub Lauko
97. Allan McShane
100. Adam Mascherin

Think these will be good value picks in a few years.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Jonatan Berggren, 33rd (Detroit). Insane vision and puckhandling skills, not bad of a skater either. Lots of teams are going to regret passing him.
100% agree.

I also thought Dominik Bokk was going to be a huge steal if he continued to drop into the mid twenties, he did, and luckily my team traded up for him. Best hands and 1 on 1 skill in the draft, obviously has a lot of other things to improve on but IMO shouldn't have dropped that far. Especially when liam foudy is going #18

I also think Kovalenko, Sharangovich, Addison, Olofsson, Hallander, Kurashev, Wilde and Wise were huge steals given their draft positions.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
100% agree.

I also thought Dominik Bokk was going to be a huge steal if he continued to drop into the mid twenties, he did, and luckily my team traded up for him. Best hands and 1 on 1 skill in the draft, obviously has a lot of other things to improve on but IMO shouldn't have dropped that far. Especially when liam foudy is going #18

If you listen to Corey Pronman, heard him on radio today. Bokk is the guy he named as biggest steal at #25. I said it at the time, Amstrong did really well trading up to get him from Toronto. Didn't even have to deal his 2nd rd pick to move up. So he did doubly good here!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad