Steals of the Draft

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Jake Wise, Curtis Hall, Blake McLaughlin, and Michael Kesselring are absolute steals for me for where they got selected at.

I cannot stress how badly many GMs will look in 2 years time on Wise...many of us felt the Hawks would take him at 27, he belongs to have been selected there...not at 69 lol!!! Biggest steal of the draft for me by far is Wise. Kesselring is going to be one hell of a player, and the Oilers got him in the 6th...so much upside here.

Bode Wilde who I have not been a big fan of due to consistency and in zone issues at times, is laughably going to be a steal where he went...Big Lou pimp ran his ass up to the stage to get Wahlstrom/Dobson who both should have been gone by #8, and then Wilde at 41..then got Iskhakov 2 pics later...what a monster draft for the Isles!

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I see Americandream had Iskhakov 31 in your top prospect list. Not to many people knew about this kid but I was able to catch a couple of his games at the under18s and came away very impressed. Kid made something happen on almost every shift. I'm surprised the islanders took him in the second round but very happy with the pick.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Adam Boqvist
Jake Wise
Mattias Samuelsson
Bode Wilde
Noah Dobson
Ty Smith
Tyler Weiss
Jesse Ylonen
Jakub Lauko
Filip Hallander

Listing a lot of guys rivals of my team picked. :facepalm:

The one real "steal" from my team was Riley Hughes in the 7th round. I think that pick could look really good in a few years.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Toni Utunen (5 round, 130 pick by Vancouver Canucks), Finland’s captain in U18 had 3 points in 7 games and +12 in +|- which was tournament high, overall the best finnish defensemen in the tournament.

A really intriguing name from our own stable. Should be an interesting prospect to follow.

Other notables that stuck out to me:

Calen Addison
Jakub Lauko
Sampo Ranta
Akil Thomas
Jake Wise
Phillipp Kurashev

Thought the hawks had a really solid draft.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Jake Wise, Curtis Hall, Blake McLaughlin, and Michael Kesselring are absolute steals for me for where they got selected at.

I cannot stress how badly many GMs will look in 2 years time on Wise...many of us felt the Hawks would take him at 27, he belongs to have been selected there...not at 69 lol!!! Biggest steal of the draft for me by far is Wise. Kesselring is going to be one hell of a player, and the Oilers got him in the 6th...so much upside here.

Bode Wilde who I have not been a big fan of due to consistency and in zone issues at times, is laughably going to be a steal where he went...Big Lou pimp ran his ass up to the stage to get Wahlstrom/Dobson who both should have been gone by #8, and then Wilde at 41..then got Iskhakov 2 pics later...what a monster draft for the Isles!
I haven't heard or seen much of Kesselring but I love this endorsement

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Jake Wise, Niklas Nordgren, Calen Addison, Filip Hallander, Logan Hutsko, Jakub Lauko, Filip Kral, Jonatan Berggren

Last edited:
Reactions: domaug and Pouliot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->