#StastnyWatch - Summer of 2014 - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Part of the sales pitch is to give him a good role and play with players he enjoys playing with. Roy isn't stupid.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Love this news, it means Stastny is his guy as the 2c and he's fine keeping Mackinnon on the wing.

MacK has a lot to learn before he's ready to center a top 6 line in the NHL. Landy and Staz are great guys to teach him how to fill in the missing parts to his game away from the puck.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Adrian Dater ‏@adater 53s
I'm hearing more that Stastny will listen to other offers. Possibility he could circle back to Avs, but count me as a pessimist

Where is that panic button? :sarcasm:

IMO this could be exactly what is right with the window. It will allow both sides to make informed decisions truthfully and not having to panic on July 1st.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Adrian Dater ‏@adater 53s
I'm hearing more that Stastny will listen to other offers. Possibility he could circle back to Avs, but count me as a pessimist

Where is that panic button? :sarcasm:

IMO this could be exactly what is right with the window. It will allow both sides to make informed decisions truthfully and not having to panic on July 1st.

What will be Dater's excuse when SOS is re-signed and Dater doesn't report it for 5-6 hours? I'm going to guess he was in the bathroom, of an airplane, which was using the space elevator, and he couldn't get a signal due to the EMP that was being set off every 30 seconds.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
Yeah, Dater had supposedly been hearing for years now that Stastny would be traded too. That's what happens when even Dater listens to Dater.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Honestly though, if the Avs don't retain SOS, and with the progressive likelihood of ROR not actually being a part of the future (my opinion of course, based solely on the difficulty of getting him signed to any term), this team needs something good to happen.

Even if we do get ROR back, our talent takes a huge dip without Stastny, don't think a lot of people realize how important he is to the team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
FTR... I think Dater only knows what they (Avalanche, agents, grocery bagger, etc) want him to know. Stastny may or may not listen to offers, he may or may not leave... I'm pretty confident that unless somebody is willing to let Dater put them on the record, that Dater knows next to nothing.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
What will be Dater's excuse when SOS is re-signed and Dater doesn't report it for 5-6 hours? I'm going to guess he was in the bathroom, of an airplane, which was using the space elevator, and he couldn't get a signal due to the EMP that was being set off every 30 seconds.

All this while being sick on his vacation, we should be thankful if he reports it at all. God bless you Adrian.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That's pretty much what I expected with Keator's "keep Joe in the loop" comments. I don't know though, it's pretty quiet and it seems like a mutual desire there. Guess it doesn't hurt to hear what other teams would offer. Scary though, it can get out of hand quick.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
If we lose Stastny we need to make a big push on wingers this offseason. Hemsky, Camalleri are good affordable-ish options. Grabovski, Kulemin should also be considered. As weak as this FA crop is, it has plenty of wingers and some decent forwards.

If we do nothing and lose Stastny + ROR, it's still a form of upgrading

through McDavid

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
That's pretty much what I expected with Keator's "keep Joe in the loop" comments. I don't know though, it's pretty quiet and it seems like a mutual desire there. Guess it doesn't hurt to hear what other teams would offer. Scary though, it can get out of hand quick.

It will DEFINITELY hurt the Avs' chances of wanting to keep him, in my opinion.

I mean surely there would have been a team out there who would've offered Markov the same term but more money, Greene, etc.

There will definitely be multiple teams who can/will offer him in the $7-7.5M range...not saying he's worth that necessarily, but he'll get an offer of that magnitude

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If you're Stastny and the Avs are asking you to take a pay cut and buy into their "structure", why wouldn't you listen to what other teams might offer?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If you're Stastny and the Avs are asking you to take a pay cut and buy into their "structure", why wouldn't you listen to what other teams might offer?

If you know the other offers are going to be higher and you want to stay in Colorado then why do you need to listen? On the other hand, it's your one chance to hear what the offers are and you can bring back what they say to the Avs.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Stastny listening to desperate teams throwing their best offers at him whilst Avs is talking about pay-cut and salary structure just can't end well for the Avs.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs did what they could to sign him without getting desperate, there's no reason to be upset if he signs elsewhere. I don't have any problem with how Roy/Sakic has handled this.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
If Avs did what they could to sign him without getting desperate, there's no reason to be upset if he signs elsewhere. I don't have any problem with how Roy/Sakic has handled this.

The problem is that they lost him for nothing.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I don't think any other contending team will be able to offer more than the Avs. If Paul is sick of dumb coaches who don't know what they are doing, and wants to win, I think he'll end up choosing the Avs. If he chases the money than there isn't much we can do.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So is Dater going to be optimistic now after speaking to his agent? :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes