#StastnyWatch - Summer of 2014 - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
My gut feeling says Stastny is an Av for life. I can't see him on any other team.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Still say as it is all UFA years, Stastny comes in for 8 years between 50-52m. Front heavy with movement protection

Stig

Apr 15, 2014
Minnesota
I think Stastny re-signs, but I am on the fence if he goes only 4 or 5 years or 7 or 8. I am leaning to the shorter so he can get one more contract, because if he goes 7 or 8, his next contract if he is still playing won't be big. But of course he could go for security and go the max years. I don't know, my gut says 4 or 5 years.

:whatever:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yep he if gets to free agency he's bound to be blown away by some offer.

I don't know that its so much that, he knows right now he'll get more on the open market. I'm sure its more enticing when you hear it in an actual offer, so I see that. But I just think if its going to work out with the Avs then it will in the coming days if there is an agreement to be had. After July 1st its not going to make the Avs come any closer, they know the situation too. I guess what I'm saying is Stastny will get the Avs best offer before July 1 if its not satisfactory enough by then its not going to ever be.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Supposedly Staz is getting married this summer. Denver is a great place to raise a family. I hope that plays into this.

His wife has a business in Denver. This is probably a deciding factor, and it would take an insulting offer from the Avs ($5 million) to not keep him. I predict in the end Stastny will get $6 million AAV from the Avs, which will make him slightly overpaid, but he will still be valuable.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I could totally see him getting a deal that is super frontloaded (say 7 mill in the first year) and then bottoming out to like 4.5 or 5 mill in the last few years to still make the AAV 6 mill. Making it easier for the team to trade him if need be later in his career. But to make Staz go for it he gets a full NTC/NMC.

On the flip side, I think ROR gets a back loaded deal with no NTC/NMC.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I kind of get the feeling that if something is going to happen, it will happen in the next few days. Other teams can start talking to Stastny on Wednesday, so that could complicate things.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
His wife has a business in Denver. This is probably a deciding factor, and it would take an insulting offer from the Avs ($5 million) to not keep him. I predict in the end Stastny will get $6 million AAV from the Avs, which will make him slightly overpaid, but he will still be valuable.

It wouldn't be the first time Avalanche makes insulting offer. (Forsberg for ex.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad