#StastnyWatch - Summer of 2014 - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Just a gut feeling or?

Sakic said he would sit down with his agent (in Vegas?) this week and basically either Stastny has already decided to stay or he already decided to test free agency. If he decided to stay it'll be a quick negotiation since they know what Avs are willing to offer.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Now that the dominoes are somewhat starting to fall I wouldn't be surprised if the Stastny situation is soon resolved.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Now that the dominoes are somewhat starting to fall I wouldn't be surprised if the Stastny situation is soon resolved.

My feelings exactly. I personally think it will take the Spezza/Kesler deal to the Blues to be done at least in principle before Stastny officially puts pen to paper with us though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
FWIW.......

Adrian Dater @adater
Patrick Roy "confident things will go well" with Stastny and O'Reilly

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy said Sakic is in charge of contract talks. I think Joe plays a bigger role in negotiations than we think, since a lot of people think it's Sherman running it.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This "revelation" is useless in three ways.
1) It's coming from Dater.
2) It's information given by Roy - who has nothing to do with negotiations.
3) And Roy is always confident about everything and would never express anything else.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Roy said Sakic is in charge of contract talks. I think Joe plays a bigger role in negotiations than we think, since a lot of people think it's Sherman running it.

I can imagine Joe just sitting down, and being eerily calm, like serial killer calm. Just Joe, the player and his agent. In a locked room, probably with water dripping in a corner. With eerily, serial killer calm, ice in his veins Joe. That'll get contracts done nice and fast.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
More of a gut feeling that might be aware of something. :naughty: :sarcasm:

Honestly... just a pure gut feeling

go-on.gif

If we post this rumour long enough Eklund will pick it up

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I can imagine Joe just sitting down, and being eerily calm, like serial killer calm. Just Joe, the player and his agent. In a locked room, probably with water dripping in a corner. With eerily, serial killer calm, ice in his veins Joe. That'll get contracts done nice and fast.

Yeah, me too, but with Roy standing back against the wall, arms crossed, and looking like he does in Avsboy's avatar.

image.php

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 45s
Patrick Roy said its the Avs "objective to have" Landeskog, Stastny and MacKinnon playing together next year. Stastny can be UFA on 7/1.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Patrick Roy said its the Avs "objective to have" Landeskog, Stastny and MacKinnon playing together next year. Stastny can be UFA on 7/1.

Love this news, it means Stastny is his guy as the 2c and he's fine keeping Mackinnon on the wing.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

But, but... You heard it on HF so many times: MacKinnon has to move to center at some point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad