Stars Jerseys Thread

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I love the old Stars logo, but not gonna lie, there's probably so much nostalgia built into my fondness I'm not sure I can objectively separate my nostalgia to contrast the two.

Out of curiosity, for big jersey buffs, have you noticed a difference in the quality of the jerseys since the NHL no longer manufactures them in Canada and instead moved them overseas? I think this might coincide with Adidas being the jersey manufacturer, but I'm not sure and I'm having a hard time finding tangible answers about it.

well ok I might fit the description of jersey buff. I don’t have retirement savings but I’ve got some damn nice jerseys. I only collect on- ice made in Canada authentics and the odd game worn.

what I will say about the Indonesian made vs Canada made is you get what you pay for. The Indos are much more accessible but the on ice Canada made are at least twice the price. What you do get in the made in Canada is the proper game worn fabric which is stretchier and better quality, double reinforcement in the elbows and the legit super pronounced dimples in the shoulder area. The Made in Canada are nice and tough to come by. Typically you only get them through the team though now they are hitting the secondary market a little more. You see them on eBay from time to time.

If anyone is interested I have a green made in Canada Hintz done up with team tags still on it that I’m looking to move. PM me if you’re interested and we can discuss and I’ll get you some pics.

Reactions: Captain Awesome

JREwing

Aug 21, 2021
TX
blackoutdallas.com
E9wYpNVWEAEy3q0.jpg

Much sexier in person than on TV

Reactions: piqued and Kcb12345

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
well ok I might fit the description of jersey buff. I don’t have retirement savings but I’ve got some damn nice jerseys. I only collect on- ice made in Canada authentics and the odd game worn.

what I will say about the Indonesian made vs Canada made is you get what you pay for. The Indos are much more accessible but the on ice Canada made are at least twice the price. What you do get in the made in Canada is the proper game worn fabric which is stretchier and better quality, double reinforcement in the elbows and the legit super pronounced dimples in the shoulder area. The Made in Canada are nice and tough to come by. Typically you only get them through the team though now they are hitting the secondary market a little more. You see them on eBay from time to time.

If anyone is interested I have a green made in Canada Hintz done up with team tags still on it that I’m looking to move. PM me if you’re interested and we can discuss and I’ll get you some pics.

Maybe I got this completely wrong, I thought they no longer made jerseys in Canada at all. Didn't realize you could still buy them in any shape or form whatsoever. Still, that really sucks that they're mostly local only, guess I'll just never buy another jersey. Thanks for answering my question, I can't speak to your finances, but if you can afford some jerseys, please get a retirement account. :laugh:

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Maybe I got this completely wrong, I thought they no longer made jerseys in Canada at all. Didn't realize you could still buy them in any shape or form whatsoever. Still, that really sucks that they're mostly local only, guess I'll just never buy another jersey. Thanks for answering my question, I can't speak to your finances, but if you can afford some jerseys, please get a retirement account. :laugh:

Yeah, some of the jersey funds will go into retirement eventually I'm sure. I've got some time for retirement I hope, or maybe I'll keel over one day and not have to worry about it, I guess one never knows haha.

And yup players still wear the Canadian goods, and they're super nice jerseys but just not the easiest to come by. Adidas has pretty much eliminated the authentic market that used to exist with the CCM Center Ice retail product.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
E9wYpNVWEAEy3q0.jpg

I absolutely love the reverse retro as is. I mean they could always make tweaks to suit everyone's tastes, but I just dig everything about it. Where did you buy this one from? It looks to me like the kit has sublimated layers to the it in the 91, as in it's just one layer of twill that has been dyed to look like 3 layers. Either that or the layers of twill are just unsewn. Interesting regardless. Nice looking uni.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Here's a couple more details on the MIC - made in Canada Adidas. In the lighting on the Sharks stealth you can really tell how much more significant the dimples in the shoulder area. Then like I said the fabric is stretchier more durable and the double elbows are an added feature. Also the neck tagging just notes it's Canada Made.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.39.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.39.45 AM.png
    501.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Hintz2018MIC.JPG
    Hintz2018MIC.JPG
    348.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
E9wYpNVWEAEy3q0.jpg

Nice pfp. Confused the hell outta me when I first saw your posts; might be time for me change mine. :laugh:

I still can't get behind those, though my taste has never been one to gravitate towards wearing much white.

93Crazed101

Apr 27, 2017
Greater Dallas
Yeah, some of the jersey funds will go into retirement eventually I'm sure. I've got some time for retirement I hope, or maybe I'll keel over one day and not have to worry about it, I guess one never knows haha.

And yup players still wear the Canadian goods, and they're super nice jerseys but just not the easiest to come by. Adidas has pretty much eliminated the authentic market that used to exist with the CCM Center Ice retail product.

Don't underestimate time. Compound interest is a beautiful thing. Don't want to tell you how to live life really. But less today can be worth more tomorrow.

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Don't underestimate time. Compound interest is a beautiful thing. Don't want to tell you how to live life really. But less today can be worth more tomorrow.
Oh absolutely, its something I can’t put off much longer, fortunately I’ve got some assets to liquidate that can get me a good start soon enough.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
My newest addition just arrived today. That makes 3 Heiskanen and 1 Lehtinen in my collection.

Thanks @Kalamazoo Wings for parting with the Lehtinen jersey; wasn't sure I'd ever be able to get my hands on one.

20210914_113257.jpg

Since I'm moving places at the end of next month, I've got them all stored away in the jersey bag the Hangar sent the Noche Mexicana jersey in.

20210914_113457.jpg

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Taking my jersey to get customized at Blake’s lettering next week to wear to the season opener vs NYR.

I can’t decide…. Hintz or Robertson?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Taking my jersey to get customized at Blake’s lettering next week to wear to the season opener vs NYR.

I can’t decide…. Hintz or Robertson?

That's a tough one...I flipped a coin 5 times and based on that I determined you should go with Hintz :laugh:

Can't go wrong with either one tho...

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Hey Stars fans,

I lived in Dallas the past two years but have recently moved to Washington. I have a pretty much brand new Hintz size 50 home authentic I picked up at The Hangar in March that I wore to a couple of games. If anyone is interested, I'd ship it to you.

Also have a Benn 46 of the black/green city skyline themed jersey, if interested.

Hey guys, putting this out one more time. Wife and I just found out we're expecting our first child and we're cleaning out our closet of anything that isn't unnecessary to set aside as much as possible. Let me know if either jersey interests you and I can take some pics!

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Take this with a grain of salt but from what someone told me was that the league was upset that Dallas went ahead and made a throwback ‘99 jersey for Zubov’s night without the league’s permission. They also said the chances of that style of jersey being used again in the near future will be slim because of this incident.

So that doesn’t give us many options if this is true

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Take this with a grain of salt but from what someone told me was that the league was upset that Dallas went ahead and made a throwback ‘99 jersey for Zubov’s night without the league’s permission. They also said the chances of that style of jersey being used again in the near future will be slim because of this incident.

So that doesn’t give us many options if this is true

I mean the first throwback was already basically the same design with different colors, so wouldn’t make sense to use the same one again anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad