Stars Jerseys Thread

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Take this with a grain of salt but from what someone told me was that the league was upset that Dallas went ahead and made a throwback ‘99 jersey for Zubov’s night without the league’s permission. They also said the chances of that style of jersey being used again in the near future will be slim because of this incident.

So that doesn’t give us many options if this is true
That is pretty stupid.

Reactions: LT and Kipper 17

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Mooterus design with Golden Seals ‘74-76 colors :naughty:

Just pump it!

XRCIviX.jpg

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Just pump it!

XRCIviX.jpg
Is it weird that I love this and would buy it over any of the jerseys they released this year? The mooters is funny and stylish.

Vinnie Paul's estate is having an interesting online auction. Lots of Stars and other NHL memorabilia. Dibs on the Jagr jersey.

Sports Memorabilia - Signed Collectibles & Memorabilia - Store - Backstage Auctions, Inc.
The Brad Lukowich jersey has a higher bid than the cup winning and signed '99 jersey, I wonder if Brad Lukowich is trying to buy his own jersey.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Not a jersey, but Oettinger's new mask has throwback period-correct colors which is interesting.

FoTguKcXoA0FEjq.jpg

Reactions: redbeardtx

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
And Wedgewood wins this battle.

More goalies need to be unique like Wedge. Goalies these days just go boring and paint their teams logo/colours.

You gotta add some personality or twist like the goalies in the past

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Thought this was mildly worth posting about, the first segment of the Hardline today (DFW sports radio) was improbably about Stars jerseys. Basically they were expressing the sentiment that the Winter Classic uniform should make a comeback and a road version predominantly white colorswap should be created.

Reactions: SolidusAKA

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Thought this was mildly worth posting about, the first segment of the Hardline today (DFW sports radio) was improbably about Stars jerseys. Basically they were expressing the sentiment that the Winter Classic uniform should make a comeback and a road version predominantly white colorswap should be created.
This concept of it looks so good
EFf0vIpUwAAt6TA (1).jpg

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I agree about the jerseys. I think it is a farce that show goes by the hardline. Can’t stand Corby.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I grew up on Corby/Mike so I don’t really mind him, just don’t know how well him and Bob mesh. Hang Zone is a far superior product and Jake is my leader.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't get why they don't keep selling the Winter Classic jerseys. I don't think I ever had a real chance at buying one.

Reactions: redbeardtx and Zapp

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
My understanding is that it's 2 things:

-- They badly underestimated the demand the Dallas jerseys would have for the one time production run. Meanwhile the Nashville jerseys didn't sell well so you can see why they were hesitant with the game being two southern markets.

-- The use of felt in the crests meant any further runs were impossible. The correct material is not kept on hand at the point of assembly.

Reactions: redbeardtx and LT

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
My understanding is that it's 2 things:

-- They badly underestimated the demand the Dallas jerseys would have for the one time production run. Meanwhile the Nashville jerseys didn't sell well so you can see why they were hesitant with the game being two southern markets.

-- The use of felt in the crests meant any further runs were impossible. The correct material is not kept on hand at the point of assembly.
felt isn’t available??

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Anything that has to be custom ordered just isn't going to happen if the jersey has no future on-ice application.

Of course the obvious solution would be to change the spec to twill crests and go from there.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
At this point I'd even buy a shitty Fanatics rip off version

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad