Stars Jerseys Thread

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I got my "authentic" Robertson jersey in and I'm pretty unimpressed. I don't know if they're taking blank authentics and ironing on letters or what but the letters on mine are pretty frayed, crooked, and I'm fairly certain aren't sewn on.

e9TXiQJh.jpg

You can see the O in particular is pretty crooked and unevenly spaced, plus lots of frayed edges.

My Radulov authentic of the same style is very obviously sewn on:
GOjE6fHh.jpg

While the Robertson one doesn't have any visible stitching:

XsVnR3Xh.jpg

If this is what passes for authentic nowadays then I'm pretty unhappy. Going to contact The Hangar tomorrow.

Yeah the hangar or nhl.com suck with customizing. I know you live in Austin but Blake’s lettering is the place to get it done in Dallas. He does the actual game jerseys. If not, then coolhockey.com does a great job too.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I got my "authentic" Robertson jersey in and I'm pretty unimpressed. I don't know if they're taking blank authentics and ironing on letters or what but the letters on mine are pretty frayed, crooked, and I'm fairly certain aren't sewn on.

e9TXiQJh.jpg

You can see the O in particular is pretty crooked and unevenly spaced, plus lots of frayed edges.

My Radulov authentic of the same style is very obviously sewn on:
GOjE6fHh.jpg

While the Robertson one doesn't have any visible stitching:

XsVnR3Xh.jpg

If this is what passes for authentic nowadays then I'm pretty unhappy. Going to contact The Hangar tomorrow.
Dammit, I just ordered a JRob jersey from Hanger Hockey last night, they’re on sale for $157.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Probably still need to wait a bit until Robertson becomes a regular sale jersey

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Yeah the hangar or nhl.com suck with customizing. I know you live in Austin but Blake’s lettering is the place to get it done in Dallas. He does the actual game jerseys. If not, then coolhockey.com does a great job too.
I'll reach out to Blakes. Thinking about seeing if The Hangar will just swap me a blank authentic, would be a waste of money to send this one in.

Reactions: starsfan86

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I'll reach out to Blakes. Thinking about seeing if The Hangar will just swap me a blank authentic, would be a waste of money to send this one in.
I know they say all purchases are final but sent an email to Hanger about the issue before it’s sent out. I’ve purchased a Heiskanen Blackout jersey and it’s great and said I’d be fine with just swapping the JRob jersey for a Hintz Blackout.

Hopefully they’ll be cool and do so.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
They replied back to me and this was their response.

Brandon,

About half the home & away jerseys we sell are the sport stitch letters and numbers (which most of the league uses). It is the exact same letter and number except it isn't sewn on. Since we are one of only a few teams that don't use a name bar on those jerseys adidas does not finish those for us and we have to do them in house. With the blackouts having a name bar the majority of those were finished by adidas. We can swap it out if it hasn't been shipped already. Also you can have the other customer reach out to us and we can get his fixed to his liking. Can you send us your order #?

Reactions: LT

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
They replied back to me and this was their response.

Brandon,

About half the home & away jerseys we sell are the sport stitch letters and numbers (which most of the league uses). It is the exact same letter and number except it isn't sewn on. Since we are one of only a few teams that don't use a name bar on those jerseys adidas does not finish those for us and we have to do them in house. With the blackouts having a name bar the majority of those were finished by adidas. We can swap it out if it hasn't been shipped already. Also you can have the other customer reach out to us and we can get his fixed to his liking. Can you send us your order #?
I emailed them this morning, haven't heard anything yet. How long did it take for them to respond to you?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Still no reply :thumbd:

edit: Wound up Tweeting at them, got a response.
Didn’t think about tweeting them. I did get email yesterday that my order had shipped out. It was JRob, hopefully just cause it was what I originally ordered but I’ll find out when it gets here.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Didn’t think about tweeting them. I did get email yesterday that my order had shipped out. It was JRob, hopefully just cause it was what I originally ordered but I’ll find out when it gets here.
They're sending a replacement and a return label inside the package. They told me my email never showed in their inbox, very strange. Hopefully the one coming in looks better.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I got a return label emailed to me, but haven't received the replacement yet... They told me it's coming from the AAC, and explained some delays, but last I heard was Friday...

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
UPS just emailed to let me know the replacement jersey was picked up, so should have that tomorrow. Stars Hangar Twitter has been very helpful through this.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
UPS just emailed to let me know the replacement jersey was picked up, so should have that tomorrow. Stars Hangar Twitter has been very helpful through this.

Yeah messaging them on Twitter is 100% the best way to contact them. Have dealt with them on there several times and they're always pretty quick to respond. I've even bought from them through there lol

Reactions: account deactivated

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Yeah messaging them on Twitter is 100% the best way to contact them. Have dealt with them on there several times and they're always pretty quick to respond. I've even bought from them through there lol

That's how I found out when they'd get more Heiskanen blackouts back after the first run sold out a few months ago. Literally got a response within an hour and it was on a Sunday. I only own 3 jerseys (Winter Classic, Blackout, and Noche Mexicana warm-up) but I've bought them all from their website.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->