GDT: Stars @ Caps - 4/1/2014 - April Caps Fan Day.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Aside from the Hillen hit I don't even know if he's made a physical play this whole season. :help:

I did actually forget to put 'before the last few seasons' in that paragraph. Before he was getting suspensions for small incidents and when the team seemed to really be pushing he was putting his body on the line night in and night out. That can't be denied.

I agree that this season and last he looks like he says to himself 'meh, what's the point?'

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Won't even bother dl'ing this.

It's frustrating. Ovechkin plays like trash, his coach does everything to make him worse, and he's still a 50 goal scorer. If AO played well with a consistent effort under a competent coaching...

You understand what the +/- stat is, right?

So if he had 50 goals, his line gave up 86 goals.

Liberati0n*

I don't buy that Ovechkin is that much of a primadonna or that generally uncoachable. He's obviously flawed, but he's a product of his environment in many ways. The complete failure/nonattempt to develop certain things in him is the real story and it's kind of tragic. Whether it's too late now is debatable.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
You understand what the +/- stat is, right?

So if he had 50 goals, his line gave up 86 goals.

Of course it's all on him according to you! Let's not forget the majestic pairing of Brouilette and Erskine being out there skewing the most pointless stat in the history of the sport.

There is literally no point in the +/- stat existing.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Do you mind if I ask what has happened to Ovechkin?

He's become a turret.

Can't handle the puck, can't create lanes for himself, can't create anything 5 on 5 like everyone else but the third line.

I hope to god he's injured with something.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I think you're mixing your years up.

That playoff team had Goocher, Witt, Klee, and Calle. They were the mainstays on that D corp that year.

I'm pretty certain the year they played the Lightning in the playoffs Doig-Kiwi were playing tons of minutes and were on the ice for a OT powerplay goal against.

Liberati0n*

It's frustrating. Ovechkin plays like trash, his coach does everything to make him worse, and he's still a 50 goal scorer. If AO played well with a consistent effort under a competent coaching...

I don't think that's really fair. The coaching is incompetent and has cost him at even strength, but I think the PP has legitimately helped him, production-wise, in a somewhat exceptional way. In a different/overall better situation, his ES production could certainly be up, but I don't think his goal-scoring overall really would be.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Of course it's all on him according to you! Let's not forget the majestic pairing of Brouilette and Erskine being out there skewing the most pointless stat in the history of the sport.

There is literally no point in the +/- stat existing.

Hooey!

He's the weakest defenceive player out there, as we saw tonight.

The guy sits out the PK when the goalie takes a penalty.

gogensgo

Mar 13, 2011
Just watched Oates post-game interview. If that alone isn't reason enough to fire him, I don't know what is.

Efactor

Dec 10, 2002
hfboards.mandatory.com
I feel like Ovechkin is going to be OK. However, Backstrom is not a great fit with him. Backstrom is a plodding control player. Ovechkin is speed and creativity. He has changed his game to fit his delivery system.

If I were the new GM, I find out what it took to move Backstrom for Seguin, Kopitar, or Pavelski. We are in dire need of sparking Ovi's game outside of the power play.

The next coach also needs to realize that Ovi need not be on the ice in the last ten minutes of any game we are leading.

Vladiator16*

Defensive stall worth he is not, especially at the moment, but you just pissed all over best player this franchise has ever had.

Edit: to btcg

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I will remember this next time you rip me over something you are sure about. :naughty:

I've been wrong plenty of times before that, and I'll be wrong plenty more times. You'll have your chance.

Maybe I'm just a dick but I don't think pranks are cool when you are meekly fighting for a playoff spot

Was going to say this.

God... Koken...

Imagine a genius commentary team of Koken and Gormley.

It's about to the point where it's safe to say the team has quit on Oates. Barring an amazing turn around, this season is over. The only thing of interest will be if Ovy nets 50.

Did Oates ever have the team?

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
I needto go to bed, this conversation is dumb.

No, like CCF said, some of you wouldn't see a dirty elephant in a snow storm.

AO is part of the problem, as we saw tonight when he quit on what turned out to be another goal. That's the only one Dallas needed, in truth: we didn't score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad