Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Apparently there's some big Force related spoiler that's in the first episode which is why it won't be screened to the press before it comes to the service. Speculate!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Apparently there's some big Force related spoiler that's in the first episode which is why it won't be screened to the press before it comes to the service. Speculate!

I haven't done much reading about the lore/time setting of the show, when is this taking place exactly?

Also: God damn it! Give us some Star Wars material that doesn't have Jedi/Sith/Force stuff. Please!! Even Rogue One couldn't do it (gotta admit that what they did on that front, they did well)

Last edited:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
First of all, the Empire clearly subcontractor work for the second Death Star. They find savings.

Second of all, Vader has an ATM on his torso.

;)

Exactly. In order to get it built quickly and quietly they'd hire anybody who could do the job. Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, the Force and Star Wars go hand in hand. It would like being in the X-Men universe, but ignoring mutations. Now, maybe we don't need the typical jedi vs sith to dominate like the movies have. I'm sure at a certain point in this show, we'll see a force-sensitive individual or multiple. Mandalorians were known for fighting Jedi, so I think that would be a cool and unique fight to see.

Reactions: Tawnos

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm going to assume he is going to gravitate to being an anti hero after he rescues this kid from the trailer. Would be cool to see him cross paths with Bobba Fett and his bounty hunter clan at some point. Just a quick scene where they acknowledge one another at a cantinas without dialogue. Just the two helmets looking at one another with a head nod or some sorts. A scene like that would be tell you so much with so little to have to be done. This is all dependant on of Disney wants to make Bobba surviving the pit canon in their movies/film.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm going to assume he is going to gravitate to being an anti hero after he rescues this kid from the trailer. Would be cool to see him cross paths with Bobba Fett and his bounty hunter clan at some point. Just a quick scene where they acknowledge one another at a cantinas without dialogue. Just the two helmets looking at one another with a head nod or some sorts. A scene like that would be tell you so much with so little to have to be done. This is all dependant on of Disney wants to make Bobba surviving the pit canon in their movies/film.

432a4a281662223cf5b94f616d4c7711.png

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Believing that it's not Star Wars without the Force is the kind of thinking that handcuffs the franchise, IMO. That leads to the creation of plot lines that involve heroes who are Force sensitive using it to battle equally Force sensitive villains who use it for evil. It's no wonder that the three trilogies feel so similar.

The key to expanding Star Wars is to break away from that, IMO. Rogue One and Solo were a bit of fresh air because they focused on characters who were not Force sensitive. Even some of the better parts in TFA and TLJ were mostly devoid of Force use. The Mandalorian looks as fresh and different as it does largely because it doesn't have Jedi, lightsabers, physics-defying stunts and so on.

Perhaps the most beloved character in Star Wars isn't Luke, but Han Solo, a guy without a lick of Force ability. Perhaps the most beloved character from the Expanded Universe, Grand Admiral Thrawn, is not Force sensitive, either, as far as I know. Also, all of the large scale battles in the OT--the assault on both Death Stars, the battle on Hoth, the battle on Endor--are not Force battles. I don't think that you need the Force for it to be Star Wars. I think that you could pull off a trilogy, even, that centers on a resourceful, non-Force-using character similar to Han Solo or Poe being a thorn in the side of a non-Force-using villain similar to Thrawn. I'm not necessarily advocating for that, just suggesting that you could probably go that far in that direction and still have it feel like Star Wars if it's written well.

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Force is a great part of the Original Trilogy, and should remain a fixture of the "Skywalker Saga." But I enjoy the way it was presented in the OT, as a rather fringe religion/urban myth, and that there were plenty of people who it never touched. I wish some more of the "Star Wars Universe" type of stuff was happy to deal with those people more, the people who aren't force sensitive. Rogue One is about as close as its come, and it did it pretty well. One of my concerns with Filoni is how much he loves to play with the Force Mysticism in both Clone Wars and Rebels, and I fear we'll see a fair bit of that in the Mandalorian. I would much prefer a show that didn't really do that, and let the rim world bounty hunter clashing with the remains of the Empire do so without some "save-the-universe-and-balance-the-force-with-time-travelling-wolves-and-space-whales" plotline.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

SPOILER:

Bill Burr is the Mandalorian and also a Jedi

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I hope the IG-88 robot in the show isn't as obnoxious as the one in Solo. This show looks amazing from the small bits I've seen.

My inner Star Wars child just got excited to see that there are Trandoshans (the lizard race at 0:24) in this. I had a Trandoshan action figure in the 80s, even though the only time that you ever saw one was briefly standing next to Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back (gotta love the 80s merchandising machine). Also, one of my favorite games, Dark Forces (the Stars Wars DOOM clone), features them as one of the stronger enemies. I like that this show is incorporating old races like that instead of inventing new ones. It may be partly fan service, but it's the kind that I fully support.
I never really considered how briefly he was in the films. I'm pretty sure I had two or three Bossk action figures growing up. :laugh:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I hope the IG-88 robot in the show isn't as obnoxious as the one in Solo. This show looks amazing from the small bits I've seen.

I never really considered how briefly he was in the films. I'm pretty sure I had two or three Bossk action figures growing up. :laugh:

Seriously. For a guy that was in the OT for all of about 4 seconds he was one of my favorite Star Wars toys as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad