Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Seriously. For a guy that was in the OT for all of about 4 seconds he was one of my favorite Star Wars toys as a kid.

My brother had quite the collection.

I can still remember all of their names despite the fact that most of them do nothing else.

Dengar, Zuckuss, Bossk, IG-88

Sometimes you don’t need exposition to like something.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nien Nunb and Ackbar on the good guy side too. The OT had a way of creating a cult following for mostly minor characters.

Reactions: NyQuil

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
My brother had quite the collection.

I can still remember all of their names despite the fact that most of them do nothing else.

Dengar, Zuckuss, Bossk, IG-88

Sometimes you don’t need exposition to like something.

I know you said you don't need exposition haha but there was a book about most of these bounty hunters. I read it like a decade ago so I can't remember the name now but I bet you and others would really like it if you want some more on them. I remember the IG-88 story was especially good.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I know you said you don't need exposition haha but there was a book about most of these bounty hunters. I read it like a decade ago so I can't remember the name now but I bet you and others would really like it if you want some more on them. I remember the IG-88 story was especially good.

Yeah, they filled it all in, but at the time of the films, they just looked cool. ;)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Didn't Dengar fall in love with a dancer and retire from bountyhunting in that book?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I never really considered how briefly he was in the films. I'm pretty sure I had two or three Bossk action figures growing up. :laugh:

Was that his name, Bossk? I'd forgotten. I wonder if the character was actually given a name in the movie or if the toy company had to ask Lucasfilm for a name just to market the action figure.

Speaking of toys, I had a few Ewok action figures, but, oddly, none of them were Wicket. They were characters that I'm not sure were even in RotJ. One came with a trebuchet that I'm pretty sure wasn't in the movie, either. Maybe it was in the Ewok TV movies; I don't remember. It's funny how some of the 80s Star Wars merchandising had little to nothing to do with the movies, but they were cool and you could imagine that they were in them.

Midichlorians: The Sequel

Star Wars: The Midichlorian, the streaming series that we would've gotten if George Lucas still owned the franchise.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Tales of the Bounty Hunters was the book I was thinking of. I had forgotten that in that book IG-88 took over the second Death Star's main computer and was going to launch a droid revolution until the Rebels blew it up.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Just watched the Mandalorian clip on MNF.

I don't have strong feelings on it. It was fine. It looks cool. I'm definitely going to be watching this show.

Looks like a straight up space Western that's for sure.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Just watched the Mandalorian clip on MNF.

I don't have strong feelings on it. It was fine. It looks cool. I'm definitely going to be watching this show.

Looks like a straight up space Western that's for sure.

I can't wait. I loved Star Wars growing up and really only dove into the "Tales of" series. I'm assuming this show'll take inspiration from those.

And if not, oh well. I'm just happy to have extra Star Wars.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I can't wait. I loved Star Wars growing up and really only dove into the "Tales of" series. I'm assuming this show'll take inspiration from those.

And if not, oh well. I'm just happy to have extra Star Wars.
I'm excited for it too. It's just the clip didn't really impact my feelings on it at all. I expected the clip to be cool and it was.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'm excited for it too. It's just the clip didn't really impact my feelings on it at all. I expected the clip to be cool and it was.

I was actually underwhelmed by that clip:

"Oh cool... a bar fight because someone disrespected another."

But I'll certainly be waking up early tomorrow to watch it.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I was actually underwhelmed by that clip:

"Oh cool... a bar fight because someone disrespected another."

But I'll certainly be waking up early tomorrow to watch it.

They usually just give extended clips of what’s already been shown in trailers, which they did here. Shows the tone of the show, which is great.

Can’t wait!!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
it looks like a good deal in canada, $90 for 12 months. They're obviously trying to leech Netflix subscribers, but the price is so low I think people will stay subscribed to Netflix and they'll have to hope that when they inevitably raise the price in the next few years, their package will be good enough to take netflixs english speaking market.

Theres zero chance that they can leech any significant portion of netflixs international market though, their non-english language content has just stacked up way too high.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's out for those still up that want to watch. I thought it was a pretty great start.

The Mando's first bounty was a little annoying. Not the greatest actor. Some sets had a cheap look while others looked fantastic. That's really my only complaint from the start.

The action was fantastic, a bit more humor than I was expecting off the top.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Great episode I thought! Loved it!

Also, for the conversation earlier, I know all the bounty hunters and split second characters from all the movies from a Tabletop game called X-Wing Miniatures that I play a ton of. My profile pic is actually a Falcon model from the game that I got custom painted.

Reactions: Baby Punisher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad