Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That pirate guy, Hondo or something.

Hondo Ohnaka. I'd love for him to show up. It would make sense too given that he's part of Galaxy's Edge. Sabine from Rebels could be another one too, given that she's Mandalorian. The ultimate dream would be Ahsoka, but it might feel a little forced having her show up.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
EW recently released an image of the Mandalorian fighting two Trandoshans and I had flashbacks of playing with OT action figures as a kid. November can not come soon enough.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
EW recently released an image of the Mandalorian fighting two Trandoshans and I had flashbacks of playing with OT action figures as a kid. November can not come soon enough.
I hope that wasn't the final edit, those Trandoshans looked way more humanoid than like Bossk. Bossk's mouth, nose, and eyes are more pronounced and animalistic.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Pedro Pascal said that his character differs from Boba Fett in that his character ultimately wants to do the right thing. Hopefully it's still dark and gritty and actually about a bounty hunter and not just a story of bad guy gone good.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I was so against having another streaming service I need to pay for, but this is gonna make it real hard not to, and their pricing is very reasonable.
I have no problem canceling HBO now for this. ESPN+ and Hulu ads edition for two dollars less per month than I'm paying for HBO is great.

I still have some HBO shows I want to finish like Deadwood and Boardwalk empire but I could always come back to those.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Pedro Pascal said that his character differs from Boba Fett in that his character ultimately wants to do the right thing. Hopefully it's still dark and gritty and actually about a bounty hunter and not just a story of bad guy gone good.
Mandalorians aren't villains by default. Nor are they even bounty hunters by default. Mandalorian is like calling someone French if they're from France. It just means you're from Mandalore. Or I guess technically you can be a Mandalorian bounty hunter if you earn that distinction. And if you want to look at it differently, Boba and Jango Fett weren't strictly villainous. They were just doing what they were paid to do. As in, if the Republic or Rebellion paid them more, they'd be with the good guys.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Mandalorians aren't villains by default. Nor are they even bounty hunters by default. Mandalorian is like calling someone French if they're from France. It just means you're from Mandalore. Or I guess technically you can be a Mandalorian bounty hunter if you earn that distinction. And if you want to look at it differently, Boba and Jango Fett weren't strictly villainous. They were just doing what they were paid to do. As in, if the Republic or Rebellion paid them more, they'd be with the good guys.
I thought this guy is a bounty hunter though, maybe I'm incorrect about it. I'm not saying he should be the villain, I just hope it's darker and he'll do things that a hero wouldn't do.

I guess I just hope it's not like Battlefront 2 where they promised a campaign from the Empire point of view, but made the character defect to the Rebels after a few missions. Hopefully this guy goes back and forth on his moral decisions.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought this guy is a bounty hunter though, maybe I'm incorrect about it. I'm not saying he should be the villain, I just hope it's darker and he'll do things that a hero wouldn't do.

I guess I just hope it's not like Battlefront 2 where they promised a campaign from the Empire point of view, but made the character defect to the Rebels after a few missions. Hopefully this guy goes back and forth on his moral decisions.
No this one definitely is a Bounty Hunter but he's got space in his character to want to do good. Mandalorian culture has been explored numerous times in the defunct EU and the currently active EU. Generally speaking they're warriors that do have a code to live by. Not all of them do, but it's not out of the question to have a Mandalorian warrior who wants to fight for good. It may not be as interesting but if that ends up being the case I know I'm gonna end up cringing at people using Boba and Jango as a moral measuring stick expecting Pascal's BH to be guided primarily by profit.

But I agree the ideal way to handle this new character is to force morally conflicting decisions on him and really get into the meat of the seedier side of the Galaxy. Though I suppose the same effect could be achieved if everyone around him is morally debased.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Are you talking about the EA game or the one from the original Xbox days (Activision or LucasArts?)?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
One of the guys from Hyper RPG Youtube channel, the one who's worked on CGI on several movies, mentioned that Favreau's using a new technology that is basically a real life version of the X-Men Danger Room. They project background real time on screens using the Unreal Engine, it was used in a motorcycle ad.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
No this one definitely is a Bounty Hunter but he's got space in his character to want to do good. Mandalorian culture has been explored numerous times in the defunct EU and the currently active EU. Generally speaking they're warriors that do have a code to live by. Not all of them do, but it's not out of the question to have a Mandalorian warrior who wants to fight for good. It may not be as interesting but if that ends up being the case I know I'm gonna end up cringing at people using Boba and Jango as a moral measuring stick expecting Pascal's BH to be guided primarily by profit.

But I agree the ideal way to handle this new character is to force morally conflicting decisions on him and really get into the meat of the seedier side of the Galaxy. Though I suppose the same effect could be achieved if everyone around him is morally debased.
Yeah, I know all about the Mandalorians. I sort of ignore Boba and Jango from him since those 2 aren't really Mandalorians.

This guy will probably be closer to Han on the spectrum, someone who has no problems working with bad people, but will be pulled to do the right thing at different times.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah, I know all about the Mandalorians. I sort of ignore Boba and Jango from him since those 2 aren't really Mandalorians.

This guy will probably be closer to Han on the spectrum, someone who has no problems working with bad people, but will be pulled to do the right thing at different times.
And I'd be fine with that. I'm not really worried about Pascal's role. Unless he's relegated to a Captain Phasma type role he'll crush it with however they write his character. I'm more intrigued/concerned with the rest of the cast. It's a pretty solid cast but Gina Carano gives me a lot of pause. She's good at looking intimidating but she doesn't have a lot of charisma as an actress.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And I'd be fine with that. I'm not really worried about Pascal's role. Unless he's relegated to a Captain Phasma type role he'll crush it with however they write his character. I'm more intrigued/concerned with the rest of the cast. It's a pretty solid cast but Gina Carano gives me a lot of pause. She's good at looking intimidating but she doesn't have a lot of charisma as an actress.
Yeah, I have no concerns about Pascal's acting in this.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah, I have no concerns about Pascal's acting in this.
To be honest it was the thing that excited me the most. In my book he's just outside my top tier for currently working actors. Even in supporting roles he always brings it and on Game of Thrones he was absolutely fantastic, and in my book, the best part of Season 4.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Hondo Ohnaka. I'd love for him to show up. It would make sense too given that he's part of Galaxy's Edge. Sabine from Rebels could be another one too, given that she's Mandalorian. The ultimate dream would be Ahsoka, but it might feel a little forced having her show up.

I was pretty surprised this show wasnt about Sabine, to be honest.

Ahsoka seems like a candidate for the Obi-wan series possibly. Im a little fuzzy on what she was up to at that point in the timeline though

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I was pretty surprised this show wasnt about Sabine, to be honest.

Ahsoka seems like a candidate for the Obi-wan series possibly. Im a little fuzzy on what she was up to at that point in the timeline though

She's trying to find Ezra. I hope they make a show or an animated move or live action version someday of that. Live action Chopper... :laugh:

Ahsoka was in the Rebels finale so her appearance in Obi-wan might be hard to fit in.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
She's trying to find Ezra. I hope they make a show or an animated move or live action version someday of that. Live action Chopper... :laugh:

Ahsoka was in the Rebels finale so her appearance in Obi-wan might be hard to fit in.

The Obi-Wan series is set like 5-6 years before Rebels, and the Rebels finale was after ROTJ, so they could fit her in. The real issue would be her knowing Obi-Wan is alive before Rebels, which it didn't seem like she was aware of. And if Obi-Wan has figured out Vader is Anakin by the time he would run into Ahsoka, why wouldn't he tell her? It just opens up too many potential issues. It would be more likely (although I still don't think it'll happen) she'd show up in the Mandalorian.

I'm pretty sure we'll see or hear a reference to Sabine, Bo-Katan, or the darksaber at some point though. Filoni does like carrying stuff from one series to another.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If there is any show with Ahsoka, it would be with her and Sabine on their journey to find Ezra. That's really the only story left to be told IMO. You could definitely make a short series out of that.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm so used to trailers giving absolutely everything away in this day and age.

Can you imagine what they would have done with a film like Sixth Sense today?

Marvel has done a good job recently, using fake footage and misdirection on editing. Plus Endgame basically showing very little about the latter half. Sony screwed the pooch with Far From Home though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad