Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I never watched the animated show so Ashoka and all these other people don't do much for me.

I'm in the same boat. They don't mean anything to me, but they obviously mean something to a lot of other fans and the show is cashing in on that.

Still think it's lame that they let Fett survive.

To be fair, him dying as he did was pretty lame, too. In fact, I wonder if there would've been quite the same affection for him if he hadn't died like that. The sentiment that "Boba Fett deserved better" has probably been partially behind the 35-year interest in him.

Reactions: Voight

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That's not sure.

Note the wording: "will wear Boba Fett's armor"...

Sounds like they may be going the "new canon" route with his armor if that's true.

And now that I think about it, Boba Fett would be like late 30's-early 40's, which seems a bit young for Morrison to play the character, unless they de-age him I guess.

I'd laugh if it ends up he plays Rex and Olyphant wears the armor, but Boba is actually dead (or at least not in the armor anymore).

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
"Mando"s voice sounds exactly like Olyphant's tone from Hitman, its fitting that TO will be wearing the Boba armor.

Still not overly concerned or excited for season 2, but will watch it until the inevitable 'turn' when Disney starts agenda pushing and throwing in Jedi Porgs.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's pretty cool to see how they filmed the show with the giant led walls instead of the usual green screens.

I haven't watched episode 4 of the docu series yet but I still remember Bill Burr raving about it (and his whole experience). I think this might change a lot of actors opinions on appearing in heavy cgi films that used to rely on green screens. This tech makes the whole experience more natural.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
In the New EU they had a book where a law man on Tatooine found Bobba's armor and put it on to try to intimidate the criminals on the planet and have them believe that Bobba was still alive and now on the side of justice.

It meant one of two things, either Bobba had survived and gave up being a bounty hunter and crawled off.

Or Sarlacc's do indeed have butt holes and poop.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
In the New EU they had a book where a law man on Tatooine found Bobba's armor and put it on to try to intimidate the criminals on the planet and have them believe that Bobba was still alive and now on the side of justice.

It meant one of two things, either Bobba had survived and gave up being a bounty hunter and crawled off.

Or Sarlacc's do indeed have butt holes and poop.

More like the armor wasn't digestible so it puked it out.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I couldn't comment earlier, but just wanted to say that The Mandalorian was great! That finale is undoubtedly my favourite Star Wars movie/show I have ever seen. It was the good version of Star Wars that exists in my head. Not the crappy version of Star Wars that exists on film screens.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian has been absolutely wonderful viewing. The Volume is going to become a game changers in film making, it's going to make shooting certain things like sports movies, much easier. On the last episode, I completely missed that Mark Hamill voiced the bartender droid at Mos Eisley. The 501st charity group playing the Stormtroopers in the last episode was really cool.

About season 2, Bryce Dallas Howard will direct episode 2.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's on the script, not the director. They even said on the first episode of the docu series that they gave the "rookie" the toughest episode to direct.
I think it's on both. I think she still did a pretty solid job with it, good enough to warrant more episodes, especially since it's pretty early in hire directorial career. As a group I think they were trying to figure out what would work and what wouldn't in the filler episodes (4-6), the other episodes were relatively easy to be successful.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Wait, so he just has to bring baby Yoda to a Jedi, wouldn't he just have to get to Luke? That should be relatively easy at this point in the timeline, wouldn't it? Really not trying to nit-pick, but just sort of confused.

I loved season 1, but they are just going to create a messy timeline IMO. Get away from PT/OT/ST, so you can breathe.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Wait, so he just has to bring baby Yoda to a Jedi, wouldn't he just have to get to Luke? That should be relatively easy at this point in the timeline, wouldn't it? Really not trying to nit-pick, but just sort of confused.

I loved season 1, but they are just going to create a messy timeline IMO. Get away from PT/OT/ST, so you can breathe.

In season one, I thought other mandalorian said to bring him to his own kind, meaning the same species as him.

But i guess you can interpret it to mean bring him to other jedi.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I thought she said to bring him to his own kind, meaning the same species as him.

But i guess you can interpret it to mean bring him to other jedi.
That's what I was thinking, but in the trailer it said Jedi and sorcerers that were their enemies, and a mysterious hooded woman. Maybe it's all just misdirection, but it doesn't seem like it's guaranteed to be Yoda's species on some sacred planet. And I like the idea of a Mando trying to find a group of jedi to give the child to, the dynamic between those factions has always been an interesting plot-line, but it's just weird for the timeline. Especially if some of the rumored characters are involved because some of them are on good relations with each other.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Based off the trailer, it appears that season 2 is going to be a lot of action packed fun. Super pumped for October 30th to come (even if that means no more warm weather).

Also read somewhere that this season will be more story driven with a consistent plot line. Not a lot of side "quests" or whatever you want to call them

Reactions: irunthepeg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad