Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Just watched Episode 2 of the making of show and the last 5 minutes in which Filoni explains Star Wars... wow!

Just give him full creative control, he just gets it. Gave me chills.

Not sure what Disney is thinking continuing to have Kathleen Kennedy in charge of everything Star Wars.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I think the news that Boba Fett is going to be in this is really disappointing.
At least if it is Boba Fett there could be an interesting story regarding the Mandalorian armor or something of that nature.

With Boba Fett I have accepted he survived the events of ROTJ a long time ago, even if I wasn't terribly pleased with it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm not pleased with Boba Fett appearing, but it was inevitable, considering that the whole show is playing off of his popularity, and it makes sense that they may cross paths, perhaps both going after the same bounty. What I'm more displeased with is that the fan service isn't stopping there and that they're seemingly roping in every other popular character that they can. Most, if not all, of these characters will likely have only cameos, but just having the character and actor names associated with Season 2 will increase anticipation. That rubs me the wrong way. Besides feeling more "Disney," the show is liable to become a "who's who" of Star Wars, an epic smorgasbord of characters and action, rather than the relatively isolated, standalone and intimate story like we got in Season 1.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm not pleased with Boba Fett appearing, but it was inevitable, considering that the whole show is playing off of his popularity, and it makes sense that they may cross paths, perhaps both going after the same bounty. What I'm more displeased with is that the fan service isn't stopping there and that they're seemingly roping in every other popular character that they can. Most, if not all, of these characters will likely have only cameos, but just having the character and actor names associated with Season 2 will increase anticipation. That rubs me the wrong way. Besides feeling more "Disney," the show is liable to become a "who's who" of Star Wars, an epic smorgasbord of characters and action, rather than the relatively isolated, standalone and intimate story like we got in Season 1.

The way Filoni said it "we found a way to get Boba Fett on the show" indicates it's either a flashback or some other "shenanigans".

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
When you hear her talk on the second episode of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian, she really does seem to "get" what Star Wars is about though.

It's easy to explain what a hockey team needs to do to be successful. It's a whole 'nother thing to actually be the coach, put those things in place and be successful. Even Wayne Gretzky couldn't do that, and he "gets" hockey.

The way Filoni said it "we found a way to get Boba Fett on the show" indicates it's either a flashback or some other "shenanigans".

That's my point and what I don't like. Fett and all of these other characters are being shoehorned into the season two months after it wrapped filming for the sake of fan service and hype.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's my point and what I don't like. Fett and all of these other characters are being shoehorned into the season two months after it wrapped filming for the sake of fan service and hype.

Boba Fett, while not a Mandalorian by birth, is still associated heavily with them. Or as some people hinted, Olyphant could be Cad Bane, which means it could be bounty hunter related appearance.

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I have no problem with "fan service" if it make sense within the story. In a show about the underworld and bounty hunters it's kind of logical that one of the galaxy's most notorious bounty hunters might show up at some point. Bo-Katan and Sabine are both Mandalorians who have wielded the darksaber that Gideon has at the end of season one. And Ahsoka is heavily connected with both of them.

Besides, just because these characters are showing up doesn't mean they're going to be integral parts of the show, or will take it over. They may only be in an episode or even just a few scenes.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I have no problem with "fan service" if it make sense within the story. In a show about the underworld and bounty hunters it's kind of logical that one of the galaxy's most notorious bounty hunters might show up at some point. Bo-Katan and Sabine are both Mandalorians who have wielded the darksaber that Gideon has at the end of season one. And Ahsoka is heavily connected with both of them.

Besides, just because these characters are showing up doesn't mean they're going to be integral parts of the show, or will take it over. They may only be in an episode or even just a few scenes.
No and Sabine are most definitely going to be going after Moff Gideon and that dark saber. The thing about Ashoka is she can brought into the show to give The Mandolorian more info about The Child and his origin. They still don't know exactly what the force is and what The Child is capable of. Ashoka can bring some clarity to the show and it would be a good way to add her in for a few episodes. The Mandalorians main goal is to return The Child home so that's got to be the narrative for every season. What made e show so interesting was having basically all new characters and not relying on any old ones aside from Stormtroopers and various alien species. The single episode side story plots were what made it really fun and less predictable and in terms of what the episode will have in store. Season 2 has big shoes to fill thanks to season 1 being so good to start the show.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Explain. I’m not getting what you mean here.

I believe that he means that it's easier to keep The Child and Maul a secret because they're not played by well-known actors, the former not by an actor at all, really. It's harder to keep the casting of actors like Rosario Dawson a secret. That said, I agree with you that they should've at least tried, and even if it leaked that they they were in Season 2, at least their roles might've remain unconfirmed. I think that it would've been more exciting to guess about the guest actors and characters for 6 months. Also, being told up front could end up being disappointing if they have really small parts.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I believe that he means that it's easier to keep The Child and Maul a secret because they're not played by well-known actors, the former not by an actor at all, really. It's harder to keep the casting of actors like Rosario Dawson a secret. That said, I agree with you that they should've at least tried, and even if it leaked that they they were in Season 2, at least their roles might've remain unconfirmed. I think that it would've been more exciting to guess about the guest actors and characters for 6 months. Also, being told up front could end up being disappointing if they have really small parts.

Casting decisions are a lot more public than detailed information about the roles. I believe it's common that they end up fairly quickly at IMDB.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The only actor though that would've been obvious who he was playing was Temuera Morrison. With everyone else, they could've just said they are playing a character new to the show.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Casting decisions are a lot more public than detailed information about the roles. I believe it's common that they end up fairly quickly at IMDB.

You keep responding to people who have criticisms by not actually contradicting what was said. LarKing specifically suggested keeping the "characters" secret and I suggested the same, since "it's harder to keep the casting of actors like Rosario Dawson a secret." Your response, that "casting decisions are a lot more public than detailed information about the roles" (i.e. the characters), actually supports what we're arguing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You keep responding to people who have criticisms by not actually contradicting what was said. LarKing specifically suggested keeping the "characters" secret and I suggested the same, since "it's harder to keep the casting of actors like Rosario Dawson a secret." Your response, that "casting decisions are a lot more public than detailed information about the roles" (i.e. the characters), actually supports what we're arguing.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just clarifying.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Yeah at least let us guess at it. I really dislike confirming all these characters before the season.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
As long as the show keeps its motif of the lone gunslinger set in the Star Wars universe then i'm sure i'll be fine with whatever they do. Season 1 earned the benefit of the doubt for me.

I never watched the animated show so Ashoka and all these other people don't do much for me.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The only thing cooler than "the Mandalorian" is Boba Fett.

EDIT: Check that, Millennium Falcon.

Han Solo comes a distant (but clear) 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad