Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I watched the trailer again and the mando said "you expect me to search the galaxy and deliver this creature to a race of enemy sorcerers" I believe this quote was said in season 1.

Are the jedi considered a race? The jedi consist of many different races imo.

I don't know. I think we are just looking to much into it. lol

They’re not a race but Mando doesn’t know that.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I hope we find out how the Mandalorians went from how we left off in Rebels to what they are now. It's just completely different. Between the factions and size to how they are with their helmet.

I think it's probably because of the purge. The Mandalorians were pretty out in the open and got smashed. They probably had to go "underground" and either went back to some older code or created a new one. I think that can be explained.

The part that does bother me is it seemed like the Mandalorians of just the previous generation knew about the Jedi, so the "eons ago" part of the Armorer's line still doesn't sit right with me. I can understand the average citizen following the Empire's propaganda and "forgetting" about the Jedi, but for the Mandalorians, with such a proud warrior tradition you'd think knowledge of maybe their greatest enemy would stick around.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
IIRC from season 1, I don't think Mando knows a whole lot about the Jedi or the force. We're assuming the hooded woman is some kind of Jedi based on the trailer but I'd venture that's to throw everyone off.

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan outside of their Movies and Mando, but wouldn't Luke have trained some younger potential Jedi at this point in the timeline?

Oh sweet summer child.

Why yes, Luke does go on to train many Jedi. Unfortunately Disney opted to autoclave the entirety of that timeline, including some famous and beloved characters.

Last edited:

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I watched the trailer again and the mando said "you expect me to search the galaxy and deliver this creature to a race of enemy sorcerers" I believe this quote was said in season 1.

Are the jedi considered a race? The jedi consist of many different races imo.

I don't know. I think we are just looking to much into it. lol

In this God forsaken timeline, the entirety of the galaxy forgot that the Jedi existed after only 10-20 years after order 66. An organization that existed for thousands upon thousands of years, and who had an incalculable impact on the state of the galaxy, forgotten about in 10 or so years by literally every body. And not only the Jedi, but the force as well.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
In this God forsaken timeline, the entirety of the galaxy forgot that the Jedi existed after only 10-20 years after order 66. An organization that existed for thousands upon thousands of years, and who had an incalculable impact on the state of the galaxy, forgotten about in 10 or so years by literally every body. And not only the Jedi, but the force as well.

Im not saying I agree with it either, but let’s not forget Han thought it was a hokey religion even before the timeline of Mandalorian. It’s not like there’s no precedent.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think one thing that got lost with the Clone Wars was how vast the galaxy is and how spread out the jedi were, so it's not like regular people really saw them or understood what they were. It's the reason why people believed they lost their way, corrupt, and committed treason. The arc in the last Clone Wars season summed it up with those sisters. It made sense that Han had no idea about them.

Seems less likely that a group of Mandalorians that care deeply about their traditions would not know about the jedi. That's one of their claims to fame, non-force using warriors that can legitimately compete with the jedi.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think one thing that got lost with the Clone Wars was how vast the galaxy is and how spread out the jedi were, so it's not like regular people really saw them or understood what they were. It's the reason why people believed they lost their way, corrupt, and committed treason. The arc in the last Clone Wars season summed it up with those sisters. It made sense that Han had no idea about them.

Seems less likely that a group of Mandalorians that care deeply about their traditions would not know about the jedi. That's one of their claims to fame, non-force using warriors that can legitimately compete with the jedi.

While the general vagueness was good overall for Star Wars this is an area where Lucas not actually being a science fiction writer hurts it, where a key setting point of 'just how big is the galaxy?' is never established. Also the fact that the original movie where some of these pieces were established was initially just going to be a one off and there was no outline for the broader story till after it.

If I was a book writer tasked with cleaning up these plot holes the movie left, I would just say the galaxy is so vast that the old republic and its Jedi order simply couldn't reach everywhere and in the outer rim they simply had very little presence to be considered a myth. If you move towards the inner galaxy though everyone would still know the Jedi.

Of course though with the material being passed around so often that idea of a massive galaxy is kind of shot to pieces, especially in the ST with the new creators being even less sci-orientated than Lucas made it even worse.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009

Seems less likely that a group of Mandalorians that care deeply about their traditions would not know about the jedi. That's one of their claims to fame, non-force using warriors that can legitimately compete with the jedi.[/QUOTE

While the galaxy may be vast, travel between systems within the galaxy seems to be extremely fast which discounts the belief that people wouldn't know about the Jedi due to the lines of communication being to long.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I would also imagine the Imperial propaganda about the Jedi would discourage people from talking about them. Plus if enough people who know or talk about the Jedi disappear or wind up dead, people would probably stop talking about them pretty quickly. And the more remote areas of the galaxy where the Empire's presence isn't as strong probably didn't deal much with the Jedi even during the Republic period.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Or that was Palpatine's doing through the Empire and being an evil space wizard.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
While the galaxy may be vast, travel between systems within the galaxy seems to be extremely fast which discounts the belief that people wouldn't know about the Jedi due to the lines of communication being to long.

Note that this is entirely a creation of Rian Johnson who decided it was no issue to remove the vagueness and put some actual concrete value on travel time, and then making it pretty much instantaneous.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Regardless of whether the rumors about Pascal being a pain in the ass are true or not, I really hope Lucasfilm didn't meddle with this season. It's been proven that anything Kathleen Kennedy touches with Star Wars turns to shit.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009

Regardless of whether the rumors about Pascal being a pain in the ass are true or not, I really hope Lucasfilm didn't meddle with this season. It's been proven that anything Kathleen Kennedy touches with Star Wars turns to shit.

I think this has less to do with LF and more to do with Pascal being a traditional actor and simply wanting to show his face more.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Pascal is an incredible actor. Not many could give life and personality to a faceless character the way he does. Replacing him would be a big mistake.

From what I recall, he wasn't actually in the armor for most of the first season.

If the report is true (which I don't think it is), it'd be easy to have a stunt person in the suit and have a talented voice actor do the dubbing. Wouldn't be too difficult to keep the show running.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Won't be difficult to implement a replacement for a character that has a helmet on his head 99% of the show.
Considering that there are as many as 3 different people wearing the suit. Pascal the actor, a stuntman that specializes in martial arts, and another one that specializes in weapons all Pascal has to do at this point is just lending his voice. Beyond that, it's called the Mandalorian, not Pascal's Mandalorian. It's a shame it has come to this so fast.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
They might not even need to re-cast him. If both parties are agreeable to it, they could use Pascal only when an episode calls for the Mandalorian to take his helmet off. That could appeal to him because he'd get to show his face and do real acting whenever he's on set, yet he'd have to show up only one or twice a year, so he'd be free to pursue other projects (which would satisfy his actor cravings better). It could also appeal to Disney because they'd get to keep their star for the only scenes that require him while saving money by not paying a star rate for the other scenes when a cheaper stunt actor could do them just as well.

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Note that this is entirely a creation of Rian Johnson who decided it was no issue to remove the vagueness and put some actual concrete value on travel time, and then making it pretty much instantaneous.

Eh, I wouldn't say shortened travel times is an invention of Johnson. Being able to travel between systems pretty fast was established in ESB, when Han was able to get from the asteroid field to a planet in another system (Bespin) without even having a hyperdrive. Bespin and Hoth are supposed to be at least 100-150 parsecs apart.... or 330+ light years and 2 quadrillion miles. Yet, the Millenium Falcon travels essentially from one to the other at presumably sublight speeds in a few days or weeks.

And then there's the question of what hyperspace actually is. If it's extradimensional, then trips across the entirety of the galaxy taking hours rather than days isn't really all that odd.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

You do know that she was on the Mandalorian sets all the time? She worked very closely with Favreau and Filoni. That was evident from the docu series on the show.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
You do know that she was on the Mandalorian sets all the time? She worked very closely with Favreau and Filoni. That was evident from the docu series on the show.

And how has everything else under Disney Star Wars gone without Favreau and/or Filoni involved?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

I've watched only half of the episodes of the docu series so far, but I don't think that I've seen her on set even once (though I don't doubt that she did visit from time to time to see how things were going). The only time that I've seen her is as part of the round table and she's come across as an executive rather than a creative. Everyone else talks about making The Mandalorian and she wants to talk about working with George Lucas in the 80s and direct the round table by posing questions for the real creatives to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->