Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
There are rumours out there that they're trying to incorporate Ahsoka in this show, any truth to that?

Yes, it appears that they cast Rosario Dawson as her. The news was posted in this thread a month or two ago.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
We are getting Bo Katan in season 2!!!!

175275.jpg

Following the news that The Mandalorian will feature the return of Boba Fett and Ahsoka Tano, it's been revealed that the upcoming second season of Disney+'s Star Wars series will also see the live-action debut of another popular character first introduced in animated form.
According to /Film, Katee Sackhoff has been cast as Bo-Katan Kryze.
The Battlestar Galactica and Riddick actress provided the voice for this Mandalorian warrior when she made her debut in The Clone Wars animated series, and then again when she appeared in Star Wars Rebels. Apparently, Sackhoff has already filmed her scenes, as she finished up work on the show back in February before production was forced to shut down.
We're not sure exactly how Bo-Katan will be re-introduced to the galaxy far, far away, but her involvement in The Mandalorian does make sense since she was the last person to wield the Darksaber we saw in Moff Gideon's hand in the Season 1 finale.
The likes of Fett, Ahsoka and (possibly) Sabine Wren are not expected to have significant roles in this upcoming season, so we would assume it'll be the same for Kryze, with her episode(s) setting up a more substantial arc down the line.
Season 2 of The Mandalorian is still currently set to premiere on Disney+ this October.

Reactions: irunthepeg

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Perfect casting for that role, but I wonder if this is going to be fan-service heavy. Could be a flashback to how she lost the darksaber.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I am starting to be afraid that they will cram way too many old characters into this story.

If it is small cameos to set up the rest of the Disney+ Star Wars universe, fine. If it distracts too much from the main story, meh!

But, hey, it is Filoni and Favreau, so I have trust in them. Filoni has done a great job incorporating old characters to new material in the past, so I have faith. Still a little skeptical, but I have faith :)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I am starting to be afraid that they will cram way too many old characters into this story.

If it is small cameos to set up the rest of the Disney+ Star Wars universe, fine. If it distracts too much from the main story, meh!

But, hey, it is Filoni and Favreau, so I have trust in them. Filoni has done a great job incorporating old characters to new material in the past, so I have faith. Still a little skeptical, but I have faith :)
Rumors are some of these parts are small. There have also been rumors of Rebels being rebooted, so maybe it's connected to that.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

What is the main story actually? Because to me there's a lot space to add more in to this.

By the way in case it wasn't mentioned Sasha Banks has also filmed her part in the show (old news already). Rumors that she is Sabine Wren.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What is the main story actually? Because to me there's a lot space to add more in to this.

By the way in case it wasn't mentioned Sasha Banks has also filmed her part in the show (old news already). Rumors that she is Sabine Wren.
Life of a Bounty Hunter and the baby Yoda plot. With how Season 1 finished, we'll definitely be seeing a heavier plot for Season 2 with the child and his bounty hunter plot will take a bit of a backseat. I think it's important though that we don't have the same exact characters come in whenever something big happens in the galaxy.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I'd be worried if the characters they're bringing in don't fit the story, but they all make sense. They already teased Boba Fett in season one. Bo-Katan makes sense as the last known holder of the darksaber before Gideon got his hands on it, and Ahsoka has both Mandalorian and Jedi connections.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I can see the whole Jaws theme to a meeting between Sabine, Ahsoka and the Mandalorian.

They try to hire him to help them find Ezra and he says "For 10,000 credits I'll bring him back alive, for 5000, I'll skin him and mount him for you"

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I can see the whole Jaws theme to a meeting between Sabine, Ahsoka and the Mandalorian.

They try to hire him to help them find Ezra and he says "For 10,000 credits I'll bring him back alive, for 5000, I'll skin him and mount him for you"

At that point, Zeb comes in and says "Karabast!"

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I really hope this show doesn't get too heavy on "remember this?" nostalgia trips. It gets the hardcore fans into a frenzy but in my opinion that stuff is super shallow and reminds me of Marvel movies, which are entertaining but really shallow.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think the news that Boba Fett is going to be in this is really disappointing.

I wouldn't be too sure it's him Morrison will be playing. Could be Rex or it's just a flashback. As for Boba Fett surviving, Star Wars comics did an issue where he did that, he was spit out by the Sarlacc monster. Then Han Solo found him but Fett had lost his memories. Of course something happened which brought his memories came back and he died soon after that for good. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad