Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I would imagine the Jedi were more well known among the core worlds (especially during the Clone Wars), which would also be where the Empire's grip on information and propaganda was the strongest. If the Empire was on a campaign to wipe knowledge of the Jedi out the average citizen isn't going to wander about blabbing about the Jedi and risk getting arrested, or worse.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Now that I've finished the series..........

Pros:
- The pacing was decent, though it suffered from the common Star Wars trope of 'The cast gets to their destination the very next scene'.
- The acting overall was very good
- IG-11 kicked ass, that is all
- Dave Filoni finally gets a cameo! Speaking of Filoni, Disney needs to hand off the franchise to him.
- The SFX and cinematography were excellent.

Negatives:
- I will admit I haven't followed his career at all and really only know him from Rocky and Predator, but has Carl Weathers always been this bad of an actor?
- Force Healing is a bunch of bull**** and I shook my head at that entire scene.
- Why no one knows about the Force is ridiculous. The Jedi have been a staple in the galaxy for thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands of years. Up until the Force Awakens, literally everyone knew about the Force and the Jedi.

Blame George Lucas for this, "hokey religion and blasters" Han Solo...… It's pretty well canon that the galaxy moved on from the Jedi and most saw them as some sort of quirky religious sect by the time of "A New Hope."

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's really not that hard to believe. Just look at our world, and this is 1 single planet. What is our knowledge of something that happened just 2000 years ago? For many that have never come across the Jedi, they probably view them as people currently view Jesus. You'll have some people that are true-believers and people that think it's just a myth or a legend. When you add in the propaganda and how poor a lot of the galaxy was, it's really not hard to see how the vast majority wouldn't have knowledge of the force or jedi or sith.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I would imagine the Jedi were more well known among the core worlds (especially during the Clone Wars), which would also be where the Empire's grip on information and propaganda was the strongest. If the Empire was on a campaign to wipe knowledge of the Jedi out the average citizen isn't going to wander about blabbing about the Jedi and risk getting arrested, or worse.

Likely yeah, the core world planets knew more about the Jedi, and probably felt that they got what they deserved for causing the Clone Wars and trying to over throw the government. I'd also be willing to bet that there were a lot of inner ring planets that weren't happy that the Empire and Palpatine was over thrown.

The people on the outer rings probably didn't know that much about the Jedi, had rarely seen them and didn't believe the description of a group of super natural wizards with laser swords, and chances are the ones that they did see were more seen as unwelcome meddlers.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just binged the series over the last couple of days

Wasn't a fan of episode 6. I was excited to see Burr, but his performance was just okay. The rest of his crew were terribly written and designed to the point that it sunk the episode, IMO

One issue I had with the finale was how quickly Cara Dune decided to stay on that planet. Like, immediately after the fighting she's like "I'm gonna stay". So, is that what she was thinking about as they were floating on the lava? "If we survive this, I'm gonna stay on this planet". Her separation from Mando felt completely forced and unnatural

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Just binged the series over the last couple of days

Wasn't a fan of episode 6. I was excited to see Burr, but his performance was just okay. The rest of his crew were terribly written and designed to the point that it sunk the episode, IMO

One issue I had with the finale was how quickly Cara Dune decided to stay on that planet. Like, immediately after the fighting she's like "I'm gonna stay". So, is that what she was thinking about as they were floating on the lava? "If we survive this, I'm gonna stay on this planet". Her separation from Mando felt completely forced and unnatural
Why would she want to tag along with him?

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
They seem to have a good rapport with one another

The better question is, why would she want to stay?
I don't think the kind of quest Mando is on now is one that interests her, good rapport or no. There's work for her there and it's relatively out of the way so she can hide there probably too.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Watched the first four episodes and found them very entertaining, sort of a Western in space with a pedigree that includes Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name and a pretty strong nod to The Seven Samurai. Mostly what I like is that the show isn't simply recycling the same old story the way the recent trilogy did.

I liked the first few episodes for this very reason. However, the back half of the season unfortunately devolves into your standard bland, poorly acted Star Wars fair with some really uninspired action. I wish the show runners had seen it through and stuck with that more deliberate pacing throughout the entire show, but I guess big battles and gun fights will always win out.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I think the one real nitpick in this episode is why Moff Gideon gave them so much time to come out and surrender. That really wasn't consistent for his character.

I agree with you but at the same time hubris as a downfall is pretty big theme in Star Wars for the Empire.

I thought the Stormtroopers target practice scene was hilarious and a wink to fans about the lifelong jokes about their bad aim

I thought that scene was super cringe and unnecessary. It was overdone. Not as bad as the intro to The Last Jedi, but close.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I liked better then the last 6 star wars movies

they kept it simple and did not over complicated things

Hopefully they will pick up some of the threads the created

Like who was the person that walked up on Ming Na as she was about to die and did she die

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I liked better then the last 6 star wars movies

they kept it simple and did not over complicated things

Hopefully they will pick up some of the threads the created

Like who was the person that walked up on Ming Na as she was about to die and did she die
I want to see a mindflayer.

Mind_flayer_-_5E.jpg

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Hmm looks good but I normally don’t care for these kinds of behind the scenes show. They all just feel so fake to me.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Makes me wonder if each episode is going to be about an individual episode from the first season since it was also 8 episodes.

I would imagine that to be the case.

I'm actually interested in seeing how that screen tech works. I remember Bill Burr praising it so much and even those small clips in the video I posted, make it look really awesome. I would think that greatly improves the actors work when they can "feel" to be at a location rather than just in front of a green screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad