Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I would've found it hilarious if it had been fresh. It's just that the joke about Stormtrooper aim is just getting pretty stale and had even already been made fun of in this series, I believe.

I don’t recall them making fun of their aim earlier or in any of their movies, just from fans and such.

What scene was it they did that earlier?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don’t recall them making fun of their aim earlier or in any of their movies, just from fans and such.

What scene was it they did that earlier?
Mando made fun of Bill Burr's character for being an Imperial, and Burr got upset and said he wasn't a stormtrooper.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Mando made fun of Bill Burr's character for being an Imperial, and Burr got upset and said he wasn't a stormtrooper.
Wasn't there also a scene with Carl Weathers where Mando told him Cara Dune was OK cause she was a trooper and he made some comment and she said she wasnt a Stormtrooper so she could actually shoot stuff.

Maybe it was someone else but I remember her saying something like that at one point.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Wasn't there also a scene with Carl Weathers where Mando told him Cara Dune was OK cause she was a trooper and he made some comment and she said she wasnt a Stormtrooper so she could actually shoot stuff.

Maybe it was someone else but I remember her saying something like that at one point.
Comedy comes in threes right? We had three Stormtroopers can't shoot straight jokes.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
finished it
8/10

found the first 6 episodes "good" but the last 2 were fantastic IMO...sets up for a great season 2

although, not sure how the episodes of "the Gunslinger" or "the Prisoner" move the arc in any way...both seem out of place, other than introducing new characters to the series (but in the case of the Gunslinger, both characters die...)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
finished it
8/10

found the first 6 episodes "good" but the last 2 were fantastic IMO...sets up for a great season 2

although, not sure how the episodes of "the Gunslinger" or "the Prisoner" move the arc in any way...both seem out of place, other than introducing new characters to the series (but in the case of the Gunslinger, both characters die...)
The Prisoner was just your typical sci-fi episode where a rag-tag team of scoundrels are out for some kind of heist.

It was a fun episode though.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
The Mandalorian IMDB.png

The Mandalorian IMDB II.png

People on IMDB sure do like the show. I am not surprised it is a enjoyable show and even at its worst so far it ain't that bad.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This was by far my favorite Star Wars thing, although I'm not a big Star Wars fan to begin with. I don't really get the "episodic nature" complaint, the overarching theme is just "find Baby Yoda and keep him from the bad guys". What did people want to be done with that plot line that wasn't accomplished?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This was by far my favorite Star Wars thing, although I'm not a big Star Wars fan to begin with. I don't really get the "episodic nature" complaint, the overarching theme is just "find Baby Yoda and keep him from the bad guys". What did people want to be done with that plot line that wasn't accomplished?

I think it might be an "only what you take with you" thing where some people were expecting it to be like many similar 8-10 episode streaming series where it's basically like a really long movie spread out over those 8-10 episodes. The way this show played out didn't bother me at all because it reminded me a lot of TCW where you'd have 2-3 episode arcs mixed in with standalone episodes. Plus, I don't think just because something from an episode this season may not have been paid off yet doesn't meant it won't ever be. Like in The Prisoner, I would not be surprised at all if that crew comes back at some point next season. The only real episode that felt like "filler" was The Gunslinger, but the tease at the end of that episode hasn't been paid off either yet.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I might discontinue my Disney+ until season 2 comes.

I'd suggest waiting until after The Clone Wars final (although we've heard that before) season. Unless you don't care about that series.

Speaking of which, have they said whether they're going to release it weekly like The Mandalorian or all at once?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'd suggest waiting until after The Clone Wars final (although we've heard that before) season. Unless you don't care about that series.

Speaking of which, have they said whether they're going to release it weekly like The Mandalorian or all at once?

I'd have to imagine it's weekly. All of their other original programs are released weekly, at least all of the ones i've noticed.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Also episodic structure helps prevent story creep where the stakes always have to be raised and it just gets tiring.

I am convinced one the reasons the show resonated so much is in part due to the nice and easy simplicity. Isn't it nice when the fate of the universe and the Force aren't the only issues driving rhe plot forward? I know I want more.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

Never watched The Clone Wars although from the opinions on here it has good storytelling. I just don't like animated movies or TV series'.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Now that I've finished the series..........

Pros:
- The pacing was decent, though it suffered from the common Star Wars trope of 'The cast gets to their destination the very next scene'.
- The acting overall was very good
- IG-11 kicked ass, that is all
- Dave Filoni finally gets a cameo! Speaking of Filoni, Disney needs to hand off the franchise to him.
- The SFX and cinematography were excellent.

Negatives:
- I will admit I haven't followed his career at all and really only know him from Rocky and Predator, but has Carl Weathers always been this bad of an actor?
- Force Healing is a bunch of bullshit and I shook my head at that entire scene.
- Why no one knows about the Force is ridiculous. The Jedi have been a staple in the galaxy for thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands of years. Up until the Force Awakens, literally everyone knew about the Force and the Jedi.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Pros:
- The pacing was decent, though it suffered from the common Star Wars trope of 'The cast gets to their destination the very next scene'.
- Dave Filoni finally gets a cameo! Speaking of Filoni, Disney needs to hand off the franchise to him.

Negatives:
- I will admit I haven't followed his career at all and really only know him from Rocky and Predator, but has Carl Weathers always been this bad of an actor?
- Force Healing is a bunch of bull**** and I shook my head at that entire scene.
- Why no one knows about the Force is ridiculous. The Jedi have been a staple in the galaxy for thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands, upon thousands of years. Up until the Force Awakens, literally everyone knew about the Force and the Jedi.

I guess you missed that thing about Vader and the Empire killing all the Jedi and a whole generation living without them present...

Reactions: Patty Ice

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

Pros:

Negatives:
- Force Healing is a bunch of bull**** and I shook my head at that entire scene.

Oh man, if you think it's bad here then you must have really enjoyed Rise of Skywalker.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I guess you missed that thing about Vader and the Empire killing all the Jedi and a whole generation living without them present...

There are innumerable systems planets and people through the galaxy. There is FTL communication and transport technology that has been shown is commercially wide spread. I have a very hard time believing that 20-30 years of Empire rule could supress countless thousands of years of history that contain the history of the force and the Jedi.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There are innumerable systems planets and people through the galaxy. There is FTL communication and transport technology that has been shown is commercially wide spread. I have a very hard time believing that 20-30 years of Empire rule could supress countless thousands of years of history that contain the history of the force and the Jedi.

If you watched Rebels, they sent out messages across the galaxy to build a Rebellion. It took years to build it. Information doesn't run quickly in this universe.

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Watched the first four episodes and found them very entertaining, sort of a Western in space with a pedigree that includes Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name and a pretty strong nod to The Seven Samurai. Mostly what I like is that the show isn't simply recycling the same old story the way the recent trilogy did.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
If you watched Rebels, they seny out messages across the galaxy to build a Rebellion. It took years to build it. Information doesn't run quickly in this universe.

Information can run quickly in Star Wars. It takes time to build up a rebellion especially when your trying to not get caught.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

That implies that the Force and the Jedi were widely known and believed to be real to begin with, which I'm not sure there's evidence to back up, particularly in the Outer Rim.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The Jedi had been villified for a while before Order 66. The propaganda is that the Jedi were behind the war and then tried to seize power. From there it was probably easy for the Empire to completely bury the Jedi history.

In a galaxy of trillions there were something like 10,000 Jedi. Most people especially on the outer rim probably never saw or were effected by the Jedi, the Rest probably saw them as evil wizards with a small portion that respected them and wanted them to return.

It wouldn't take much to brain wash an entire generation that the Jedi were better off dead for the good of the galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad