Movies: Star Wars: Rogue One Part II Release date Dec 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
At the risk of sounding like a crappy fan...

I don't get this, what is this supposed to be? Looks like the statue of a jedi or something.

Yes, looks to be a massive, ancient, mountain-side carving of a Jedi. Something the Empire would have been keen to destroy. By the time of A New Hope, the Empire has been reasonably successful in stamping out even the active memory of the Jedi in the general population, turning them into a myth.

Which isn't all that far-fetched to accomplish considering there were, what, 10,000 Jedi by the end? In a galaxy with trillions and trillions of people? It means the average person's chance of actually having encountered one in real life is astronomically small. With total information control, it wouldn't be too difficult to convince people they were just a legend.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Pretty great analysis of the trailer and what we should expect going into the movie.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
No idea if any of this is movie footage, but its a damn good looking commercial.

Also saw another product promotion commercial on TV which involved getting "R2 to the rebellion" so safe to say he may be part of the film too?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't see how Artoo could be in it considering the movie supposedly ends just minutes before ANH starts and he was on Leia's ship at the time.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Where can i see it ? :laugh:

In theaters, in about 13 months.:sarcasm:

Which does seem like a long post production considering they wrapped back at the end of July. That would be what, like 16-17 months between the end of filming and release?

Anyway, back to Rogue One. Only 42 days to go. This December release schedule is like getting an early Christmas present every year.

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
In theaters, in about 13 months.:sarcasm:

Which does seem like a long post production considering they wrapped back at the end of July. That would be what, like 16-17 months between the end of filming and release?

Remember that it was originally targeted for a release date of May 17th, like every other Star Wars movie before TFA. It's quite likely that pretty much everything will still be done by then, just waiting for release. Same thing happened with TFA. It was on schedule for May as planned, then Disney pushed it back so it wouldn't eat into Age of Ultron's run.

I haven't heard a concrete reason why VIII was pushed back. Could be because Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is coming out in May, then the new Spider-man after that.

It's pretty amazing when you think about it. Disney has so many major tentpole movies now, that it actually has to worry more about competing with itself, instead of just worrying about competing with other studios.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
A little more excited to see this now since the guy who was probably responsible for this scene...

...is directing.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Interesting little cameo/easter egg that someone spotted in one of the trailers, as a ship that looks suspiciously like the Ghost from Star Wars Rebels is shown in a rebel fleet shot.

147338.jpg

star-wars-rebels-the-call-purrgills-ghost-02.jpg

Neat.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
God another movie with a Death Star in it? When will this end? :sarcasm:

Also they showed 28 minutes of this to members of the media

Muh reshoots and Disneyfication

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Ghost having a cameo makes me smile stupidly. We know Rebels is canon already, but really nice to see it acknowledged in a film, even with just a brief shot.

I bet the series will include some Rogue One stuff(If it doesn't already. I'm behind on my episode watching).

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Ghost having a cameo makes me smile stupidly. We know Rebels is canon already, but really nice to see it acknowledged in a film, even with just a brief shot.

Same here. That made my morning.

Re the Ghost and this season of Rebels:

[spoil]Wasn't it destroyed this season? Or am I thinking of one of their other main ships?[/spoil]

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I saw Star Wars at the theater in 77. I'm looking forward to this. Here's how to tell if you're a true Star Wars fan. After TFA, if you ever go to one of "main" films at the theater again, you're not a true Star Wars fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad