Movies: Star Wars: Rogue One Part II Release date Dec 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
It looks great, but some of the acting/delivery is really cheesy. Hopefully it's just the way that was edited.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
:banana::hyper:

I don't get it, though. Are any of these characters in episode 4? Are they all going to die at the end of the movie?

We'll probably get one "dramatic" death scene but Disney doesn't have the stones to wipe them out. It'll end with slow motion walk into a multi sun horizon and then a cameo by R2.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal

I don't get it, though. Are any of these characters in episode 4? Are they all going to die at the end of the movie?

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there. Episode 4 follows Luke, Leia, and Han but the Rebels do have a lot more people than just them.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Just like in the clone wars, not everything happens on screen in the films. It's possible some of these characters survive and take on different roles that aren't shown in any of the OT films.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The movie would be better if they all died. Disney would never do that though.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I'm no fan of the prequels, but I thought the Genonoshens created the death star, or were atleast the designers.

I hate it when story tellers retcon for the sake of retconning.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm no fan of the prequels, but I thought the Genonoshens created the death star,or were atleast the designers.

I don't remember exactly but it's possible but they only developed plans for the station itself, while Jyn's father could be the one who discovered how to weaponize it.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Just like in the clone wars, not everything happens on screen in the films. It's possible some of these characters survive and take on different roles that aren't shown in any of the OT films.

And most importantly, it gives Disney material to use down the line.

They could re-use these new characters later in the timeline - or even earlier, if they do prequel period stuff. Like, one of them could pop in a standalone movie that takes place after Episode VI or between episodes of the new trilogy.

Some could even show in Rebels, who knows. Expending the universe is a great thing.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'm optimistic but that trailer had some pretty cheesy lines. Hopefully it's not a series of bad one-liners ala Michael Bay style.

BillySmith

Dec 30, 2006
I'm no fan of the prequels, but I thought the Genonoshens created the death star, or were atleast the designers.

I hate it when story tellers retcon for the sake of retconning.

There is no retcon, the Geonosians partially constructed the Deathstar until they were wiped out by the empire.

The trailer looks amazing, super excited.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
There is no retcon, the Geonosians partially constructed the Deathstar until they were wiped out by the empire.

The trailer looks amazing, super excited.

When did the Empire wipe out the Genonoshens?

IIRC the Republic killed one of their Queen's and occupied Geonoshia, but didn't wipe them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille