Movies: Star Wars: Rogue One Part II Release date Dec 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Still no confirmation of who is in the Vadar outfit--we know Jones is back. Speculation is Spencer Wilding is in the Vadar outfit but that has not been confirmed yet

Oct 18, 2006
That trailer has blown my mind. So good. The music is fantastic.

Visually this movie looks amazing.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So this movie is supposed to be a prequel to the original 3 Star Wars movies?

Its a spinoff detailing the rebels stealing the plans for the first Death Star, ending with them transmitting the plans to Leia, where we start A New Hope.

Its the first of what will presumably be many "anthology" Star Wars movies. The second anthology movoe announced is about Han Solo before the original trilogy. After that? Who knows? Rumours persist that a Boba Fett "bounty hunter" movie or an Obi Wan Kenobi movie could be coming next

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Solid trailer.

I'm actually excited to see this despite being very unenthused when it was announced.

The magic of movies: a well-made movie overcomes almost anything.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Solid trailer.

I'm actually excited to see this despite being very unenthused when it was announced.

The magic of movies: a well-made movie overcomes almost anything.

I'm in the same boat. I was really amped about SW last year, watching Rebels, even read that terrible book by Chuck Wendig. And then I saw The Force Awakens and it sucked the life out of me. Hopefully they can turn things around.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Its a spinoff detailing the rebels stealing the plans for the first Death Star, ending with them transmitting the plans to Leia, where we start A New Hope.

Its the first of what will presumably be many "anthology" Star Wars movies. The second anthology movoe announced is about Han Solo before the original trilogy. After that? Who knows? Rumours persist that a Boba Fett "bounty hunter" movie or an Obi Wan Kenobi movie could be coming next

I have read that Ewan McGregor would like to do TWO Obi-Wan movies.

I wonder what Obi-Wan could do on Tattooine... during 2 movies.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
wouldn't any Obi-Wan movie have to have a Sith blatantly shoehorned into it? Like they'd have to come up with a plot device like a holocron that draws the dark side to Tatooine. If they do it I hope the climax is lightsaber jousting on banthas

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I somehow missed this:

RogueOneTrailer2_TA-1024x768.jpg

I blame it on me viewing the trailer while at work. :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
wouldn't any Obi-Wan movie have to have a Sith blatantly shoehorned into it? Like they'd have to come up with a plot device like a holocron that draws the dark side to Tatooine. If they do it I hope the climax is lightSabre jousting on banthas

Or he can fight Inquisitors. Or he can be drawn away from Tattoine for some planet specific adventures that wouldn't expose him.

Idk.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
wouldn't any Obi-Wan movie have to have a Sith blatantly shoehorned into it? Like they'd have to come up with a plot device like a holocron that draws the dark side to Tatooine. If they do it I hope the climax is lightsaber jousting on banthas

Well, Maul is still out there...

I know that confrontation is likely coming in Rebels, but I can still dream.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
wouldn't any Obi-Wan movie have to have a Sith blatantly shoehorned into it?

Probably. I'd love to see a simple Obi Wan film where he tries to protect some farmers from gangsters, without blowing his cover or something small: but Disney/Marvel seemingly insist on every damn movie featuring some massive catastrophe. DC too.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I know it seems cheesy to some, but the unrelenting positivity of a lot of the lines in there makes me happy. Enough with the dark storylines.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I know it seems cheesy to some, but the unrelenting positivity of a lot of the lines in there makes me happy. Enough with the dark storylines.

Well the movie is about infiltrating the Empire and stealing the plans for a weapon that can destroy planets. The movie *should* end in everyone dying. Quite the upbear story imo

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well the movie is about infiltrating the Empire and stealing the plans for a weapon that can destroy planets. The movie *should* end in everyone dying. Quite the upbear story imo

Well, no. The movie is about the perseverance of a small and dedicated group of people fighting oppression. Also, seemingly about a daughters quest to redeem her father.

Even if it does turn out that they all die, we know they succeeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad