Star Wars Fallen Order

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Reviewing very well. Props to EA for not totally screwing up the Star Wars license.

Ill be buying this on a Black Friday or Christmas sale. Got a few on the backburner to hold me over until then

Will it be on sale for Black Friday? I haven't seen it advertised anywhere. Still very new.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Will it be on sale for Black Friday? I haven't seen it advertised anywhere. Still very new.

If you are in the US, odds are good the game will be cheaper in the near future, EA games tend to drop in price rather quickly down there.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm enjoying it so far and I honestly really like the gameplay, but the floor and walls constantly taking like 2 minutes to spawn is getting annoying, and when you're sliding and the game pauses for a couple of minutes to load the environment mid-slide

The sliding in general is kind of annoying. It's still a fun game to play though. I'm always tinkering with how my lightsaber looks. I do wish they had an actual red lightsaber blade though. I know red = dark side and Cal is a good guy, but it would still be cool to have it.

Reactions: Kcb12345

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Beat the game earlier today and I loved it. It was what I was hoping for in a Star Wars game on current gen. Once I got the hang of the controls it would feel really satisfying when you defeat some of the bosses or the hordes of enemies. I did run across, and I think other people as well, that when you enter certain areas the game would stop to load the next area and sometimes the frames would drop and it gets annoying. But overall I had a blast. Right now looking to find all the chests after getting all the ones in Bogano and Kashyyyk

Sep 19, 2008
Progress has been very poor. I played over the weekend and still haven't gotten off the train with the stormtroopers. One of them, when you jump from the top onto the platform with like 5 of them, is pretty tough, especially when you are at half health :laugh:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I hate to give EA any type of props, but this game is a masterpiece.

Its story driven with action between the cut scenes, but it's very well crafted. Will look much better on the next gen systems.

My only gripe is the writers are trying way too hard to "Star Wars" the story up. If you like SW, you will enjoy this. If you like the crappy movies Disney has made (minus R1), you might appreciate the older movies even more.

Now, will EA charge ridiculous amounts of money for DLC content knowing they have a red hot game?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Its story driven with action between the cut scenes, but it's very well crafted. Will look much better on the next gen systems.

My only gripe is the writers are trying way too hard to "Star Wars" the story up. If you like SW, you will enjoy this. If you like the crappy movies Disney has made (minus R1), you might appreciate the older movies even more.

Now, will EA charge ridiculous amounts of money for DLC content knowing they have a red hot game?

There has been 0 talk of post-game DLC so far. Honestly, I really want another planet or two and a few new moves but that's probably more of a sequel than a DLC :laugh:

EDIT: watching the Mandalarion and seeing him use a hookshot, that seems like an obvious item that could be used in a sequel and they could take inspiration from Sekiro (and tone it down because it would break a lot of the exploration if it worked like in Sekiro)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

I don't know if it's exactly right to give EA props for restraining themselves from their usual crap and just selling a damn video game, but if it is, props to them.

I hope this game is successful enough to encourage more "just games" and veer them away from exclusively producing "live services" (variety is the spice of life, EA).

I'm looking forward to picking this up once I've caught up and finished Pokemon and Outer Worlds, despite my normal aversion to Souls-like games.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Dumb question - is it beneficial to watch specific shows in the Star Wars universe before playing this? Specifically Rebels - haven't seen it yet.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I have only watched the movies and I was fine. My understanding of the referenced material is that it is mostly fan service, none of it actually matters to the plot (which is very, very weak and poorly told)
Correct. If you watched the tv shows, you'll pick up on some easter eggs that someone else might not, but those play no impact on the plot.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I've never played Sekiro or any Dark Souls games. I'm having fun with this. The combat is excellent and watching gameplay videos doesn't do it justice as you can only tell how much is going on and how careful your decision making needs to be when you're actually playing it.

On the other hand, the sliding portions are terrible. I also don't like the way enemies respawn whenever you meditate. The graphics and the environments are great but I end up not exploring as much as I'd like because I don't want to fight the same horde of enemies over again.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
I don't know if it's exactly right to give EA props for restraining themselves from their usual crap and just selling a damn video game, but if it is, props to them.

They had no choice after tarnishing Disney's merchandise reputation with the Battlefront nonsense. Someone with 220 billion dollars worth of power gave EA a talking to.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It's a really fun game. It wears it's influences on it's sleeve that's for sure. It's not as good as the games it's drawing from, but it's mishmash of idea from different games blend well together.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
The game is difficult but hella fun, spent most of the weekend playing this game. Currently @ the tomb of miktrull -- had it set to the 3rd difficult setting for a majority but had to switch to the second since I kept dying and wasn't getting very far.

I'd agree I'm not a fan of the meditation respawning enemies, but outside of that this game is hitting a lot of places for me for a star wars game.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Enemies respawning becomes less annoying later on as Cal becomes stronger which is nice because there's also a lot of ground to go back and explore once you unlock new abilities.

I think I'm going to buy Sekiro after this.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just beat the game today and really enjoyed it. Some minor bugs here and there as expected with every game but other than that the gameplay was fantastic and really fun. Still a lot of world left to explore as well so I'll definitely keep playing it for a little while and eventually will replay it on a higher difficulty (played it on Normal the first play through)

Combat is incredible and so much fun once you unlock all of Cal's special features. It was fun before too but doing all the combos and stuff together is awesome

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Going back and exploring is great once you've unlocked all the abilities as well. Having a lot of fun just bombing around Zeffo hitting all the places I couldn't reach before and discovering a ton of new ones.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Just beat it. Excellent game. The combat is great. I did find the ending a little disappointing but I hope that's because there is story DLC on the way.

Great blueprint for how to make a Star Wars Jedi game.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Beat it today and I'll echo what most have said: it's a great game. I finished it on easy and I'm terrible at these Souls like games, so if you're just interested in the story and exploring you can totally do that without the combat killing you all of the time.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It is decent so far, though I have just started.

The combat is very odd for me, and if it didn't involve lightsabers I don't know how much I would be enjoying it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad