Star Wars Fallen Order

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Who is picking up this title? I took a look at some spoilers to see if it's worth getting, and I'm definitely on-board. I just wonder how long it will take to beat the game.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Definitely excited about this. The leaks (I stayed away from story stuff but saw some combat stuff that wasn't in the trailers) have me considering getting it day 1.

Problem is, it almost never makes sense getting a game 1 anymore, especially on PC. Patchs do a lot of heavy lifting, it makes more sense to wait a month or two.

EDIT: watching The Mandalorian got me excited. I purchased the game on Steam :laugh:

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'll probably subscribe to EA's service for a month and try it out, if initial reviews don't throw up any serious warning flags.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'll probably subscribe to EA's service for a month and try it out, if initial reviews don't throw up any serious warning flags.

I have no idea which is which but you might want to verify if it is available because I read that it won't be on EA Access to start off.

Makes sense, they want people to buy the game.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I have no idea which is which but you might want to verify if it is available because I read that it won't be on EA Access to start off.

Correct, you still have to buy the new releases on EA Access, but you do get a discount with a subscription.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008

I believe they removed the customary 10-hour early access trial for Fallen Order on the basic EA Access (Xbox)/Origin Access (PC), but the Origin Access Premier subscription will still have full deluxe game access at launch.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
I wanted to like this game, I wanted to give it a shot but how it's being praised as a Dark Souls clone makes it a hard pass. Dark Souls is one of the worst games I've ever played. Who knows though, I'll be checking reviews and such and hoping this is not the case at all which then I'll likely pick up way down the line when it's cheaper.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Outside of Modern Warfare, this was the game I was most excited to tryout this year. I've liked what I've seen so far in the combat, exploration and hopefully the customization is pretty good too.

Sep 19, 2008
I have premier origin so I could probably get it day of but damn HD is running out of space :rant:

Need to buy more storage

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I’ll give it a look at some point through Origin Premier. I’m not much of a Star Wars guy, but since it’s included in the subscription I may as well check it out.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I wanted to like this game, I wanted to give it a shot but how it's being praised as a Dark Souls clone makes it a hard pass. Dark Souls is one of the worst games I've ever played. Who knows though, I'll be checking reviews and such and hoping this is not the case at all which then I'll likely pick up way down the line when it's cheaper.

This game is like Dark Souls? Wow. I was sorta intrigued but I am really intrigued now.

Maybe I will pick this up after I finish Outer Worlds.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
This game is like Dark Souls? Wow. I was sorta intrigued but I am really intrigued now.

Maybe I will pick this up after I finish Outer Worlds.

Closer to the Sekiro side of things afaik. At least, if I remember right the developers were making direct comparisons earlier in the year.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Is it actually like Souls/Sekiro?

It seems like every third person action game these days is compared to Souls....

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Definitely going to wait for some reviews/reviews on here, but that sounds cool to me. My interest in Star Wars stuff is mostly at an all time low, except for something like a single player video game or ARPG.

The previews for the game have been very notable for the high level of praise.

Reviews come out Thursday evening but I expect very strong scores based on the previews and what people who got the game early.

Word is that on the highest difficulty, it gets pretty close to feeling like a From Software game.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Is it actually like Souls/Sekiro?

It seems like every third person action game these days is compared to Souls....

The devs were quoted at being taken aback at how similar Sekiro plays to this.

Obviously they started working on this game before any hard info on Sekiro was released. Combat sounds like it is going to emphasize parrying and such, this is what has been drawing comparison. Also difficulty doesn't change how much damage you deal (cause lightsaber), instead it affects how much damage you take and the parrying window.

This game sounds almost perfect on paper.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The previews for the game have been very notable for the high level of praise.

Reviews come out Thursday evening but I expect very strong scores based on the previews and what people who got the game early.

Word is that on the highest difficulty, it gets pretty close to feeling like a From Software game.

That's cool, I still have Outer Worlds to finish so I don't really need to pick this up on Friday so I may as well look at the reviews.

I definitely won't be playing on highest difficulty, so normal is good for me. I suck too much nowadays to play on difficult. :D

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I was afraid this would just be another Force Unleashed and be completely bored from the short length or easy difficulty. All signs look like it won't be and will be much better.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Preordered it yesterday...hope it's worth it cause I'm sure within a month it'll be half the price

Not even a big Star Wars fan but I always enjoy the games and this one looks pretty good...

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Reviewing very well. Props to EA for not totally screwing up the Star Wars license.

Ill be buying this on a Black Friday or Christmas sale. Got a few on the backburner to hold me over until then

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Will be there when I get home today. Looking forward to checking it out. I'm hoping EA does it right, like they did with the Bond series when they had the license.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad