Star Wars Fallen Order

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It's nice to see a good Star Wars game come out right now. I still think giving the SW licence to EA was a mistake, but they made a good call getting Respawn to develop this one.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Darn, I would love a new KOTOR style game. With today’s game engines and physics it would
Be amazing.

It sort of is in that you explore at your own pace, the game isn't level-based. There are planets you explore to find cosmetics and power ups; the story power ups make it so you can go back to the previous planets and explore more and so on.

No NPCs to interact with though, KotOR is an RPG.

This game is essentially Metroid Prime with a bit of Dark Souls/Sekiro combat. Took me forever to unlearn Sekiro parrying timing haha.

Reactions: Braun

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
It sort of is in that you explore at your own pace, the game isn't level-based. There are planets you explore to find cosmetics and power ups; the story power ups make it so you can go back to the previous planets and explore more and so on.

No NPCs to interact with though, KotOR is an RPG.

This game is essentially Metroid Prime with a bit of Dark Souls/Sekiro combat. Took me forever to unlearn Sekiro parrying timing haha.
I might try it then, I just really loved KOTOR. By far one of my favourite games.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Does it play like dark souls? I’ve never played sekeiro and I’m not a big dark souls fan.

A little bit but it is much more forgiving on top of having difficulty options. Not liking Dark Souls shouldn't stop anyone from trying this game and odds are decent that if you like this you might want to try Dark Souls again. For my money, Sekiro is where it's at, Dark Souls' combat is far too defensively-orientated.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
For some reason my excitement has waned a little bit for the game. I still want to play it, but I will most likely wait for a good discount. I think it was thinking about KOTOR that made my excitement lesson.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think my final score is about a 7.5, definitely worth playing. The negatives really aren't that bad. Wish they had some sort of non-story mode like a horde mode or a bunch of side-missions to complete to extend gameplay, and to really use your player once he's upgraded. An Order 66 mode would bump this over an 8 for me.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
What happens in that?

Just in case:
Long story short, they are betrayed and the evil they go to fight wins. The Exile dies and Revan is preserved/tortured(?) for centuries, showing up in The Old Republic just a little worse for wear in the sanity department. The main story of the MMO (Jedi Knight track) and especially the expansions revolve around that evil entity.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is it worth getting as a Christmas present this year?
I think it depends on how much you value $60 and how much you enjoy games that don't have much replay value, and then how much time you have available to play.

If $60 is throwaway money, then yeah it's worth it.

If you don't like games that have minimal replay value, then I'd wait for a discount, which is inevitable.

If you are someone that plays a lot and can knock it out in less than a week, then maybe wait, but if you just play here and there, then you'll feel like you got good value because it will take longer to finish.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Happy to hear it’s not Dark Souls: Star Wars. I’m not a big fan of those souls-like games

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I’d pay hundreds easily. I need Revan and the outcast to team up.

They both die unceremoniously in the story.

Revan's fate is particularly lame (becomes evil and is a boss in the MMORPG) while the Exile simply dies in some battle. The first truly awesome female force user character in Star Wars and of course she just randomly dies off screen...

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
They both die unceremoniously in the story.

Revan's fate is particularly lame (becomes evil and is a boss in the MMORPG) while the Exile simply dies in some battle. The first truly awesome female force user character in Star Wars and of course she just randomly dies off screen...

That is beyond stupid. I’m glad I didn’t play that game.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Just in case:
Long story short, they are betrayed and the evil they go to fight wins. The Exile dies and Revan is preserved/tortured(?) for centuries, showing up in The Old Republic just a little worse for wear in the sanity department. The main story of the MMO (Jedi Knight track) and especially the expansions revolve around that evil entity.

As I said, that sounds like a terrible story.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Based on the reviewers/personalities I have seen saying how much they love this game, I definitely need to give it a try.

Pretty cool to have good Star Wars stuff back.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm enjoying it so far and I honestly really like the gameplay, but the floor and walls constantly taking like 2 minutes to spawn is getting annoying, and when you're sliding and the game pauses for a couple of minutes to load the environment mid-slide

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad